• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good evening!

omega2xx

The scientific world has little need of Gods. Ethics maybe.

God created all of the processes science uses to try and make the world a better place.

Where are you going to get your ethics? From unethical, errant men. Pleeese.

daisygirl

Have you thought about seeing a non-religious counselor? How is your current counselor helping you with anxiety and depression?[/QUOTE]

I asked for a non-religious one in the first place, something closer to a psychologist than a 'certified talker' if you will. However, my parents mostly believe that the reason I find myself so lost and hurt is my lost friendship with God. She's been good helping me through my mental health, and she referred me to an actual doctor who's given me an antidepressant prescription.

lostwanderingsoul

You have to stop thinking of yourself as the greatest thing in existence. Have you ever seen a painting that painted itself or a machine that put itself together? Things have to be designed and put together by someone. This includes the earth and everything in it. Including you. A greater power than man designed and assembled the universe. When you think of yourself as the greatest thing around, it makes it hard to see the greatness of God.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
You have to stop thinking of yourself as the greatest thing in existence. Have you ever seen a painting that painted itself or a machine that put itself together? Things have to be designed and put together by someone. This includes the earth and everything in it. Including you. A greater power than man designed and assembled the universe. When you think of yourself as the greatest thing around, it makes it hard to see the greatness of God.
This daisygirl, is the kind of ignorance you will be leaving far behind. ;)

Corvus

Where are you going to get your ethics? From unethical, errant men. Pleeese.
Not from any religion, whose most zealous proponents main and kill and persecute and misinform and generally cause all kinds of suffering and unnecessary harm.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
DaisyGirl there are only two things that you need to remember
God loves everyone.
And that you should try to do the same.
That includes learning to love yourself.

Depression is tough, especially when you are young.
It is fortunate that depression fades with time and with love.
You can not shake your self out of it, It will pass in its own time.
It helps a lot if you have someone who will listen to you
in the silence of friendship...
It helps to share.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Moo! o_O

images

Corvus

Let me make it very simple for you---Pray. Simply ask God to reveal himself to you.
That is indeed a very simple thing to say. I tried praying once, nothing happened. Expectation wasn't high so no worries.

omega2xx

That is indeed a very simple thing to say. I tried praying once, nothing happened. Expectation wasn't high so no worries.

Praying is of no value unless it is don't sincerely with all your heart and soul. Low expectation shows you were not praying with all your heart and soul.

Corvus

Answer the question instead of pontificating.
I don't need a holy book to define for me what is right and wrong. I have a conscience. Ethical consideration is paramount in my mind where science is applied. I will not suffer inhumanity in the name of science anymore than you.

Corvus

Praying is of no value unless it is don't sincerely with all your heart and soul. Low expectation shows you were not praying with all your heart and soul.

Well praying doesn't seem to help some people, God appears to intermittently answer prayers, I have seen too many dead children and grief stricken parents on the TV, especially recently, to believe prayer can help. There is no God on this Earth aside from the Gods men make. The horror of this world will not be banished by a saviour, we must do it. When I see what happens in this world, my blood boils, I am not going to 'put it in God's hands' as religious people tell me, by praying. I shall keep it in mind, I keep it close to my heart. Written in my head all those bigger and lesser names who are associated with causing pain and suffering. You never know when Karma will weaponise you. ;)