• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Evening

peter22

Hello everyone, my name is Peter. I'm nominally Catholic but increasingly realising the wide gulf between what I believe and what the Catholic Church believes. So I'm very interested to hear other perspectives on the nature of God. In other areas, my background is in law but I am currently re-training in accountancy, I'm politically conservative and believe in the value of tradition. I live on the South Coast of England. Looking forward to conversing with you all and hearing your different perspectives.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Many of us are fairly heretical when it come to what we believe, compared to what our respective churches lay down in their dogma.
So welcome to the mad house.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Hello everyone, my name is Peter. I'm nominally Catholic but increasingly realising the wide gulf between what I believe and what the Catholic Church believes. So I'm very interested to hear other perspectives on the nature of God. In other areas, my background is in law but I am currently re-training in accountancy, I'm politically conservative and believe in the value of tradition. I live on the South Coast of England. Looking forward to conversing with you all and hearing your different perspectives.
...so you're Anglican, gotcha.

Islington

Welcome, I personally find it very sane to not blindly believe and compare beliefs, opinions and sacred texts. Hope you'll find some interesting points of views here!

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Welcome Peter.

My wife came from a Catholic background and my family really never went to church. Starting going to the Catholic church after I got married and after 6 years, we really had some problems with some of the beliefs that they had.

Today, after dedicating our lives to Jesus as Lord and Savior, we have become "born-again" believers. It has answered our questions about the differences and experienced a turn-around in our lives.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hi Peter and welcome to RF. You will find all sorts of views here.
hexer.gif
Some you can't even put a handle on.

I too was raised Anglican, by a father who was brought up in the High Church of England. I understand that there is little difference between the HCoE and Catholicism. I had big problems with the teachings of the church too.

Start threads about your concerns....you will gets different perspectives....some welcome some not.:shrug:

Hope you enjoy your time here.
13.gif

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
So I'm very interested to hear other perspectives on the nature of God.
IWelcome, Peter. I am a strong atheist, believing in non-duality ('advaita' Hinduism), denying the possibility of existence of God(s)/Goddesses. I believe that the universe and all that it contains is composed of a single entity, physical energy, about which we do not know everything. That is what we started with at the time of Big-Bang or Big-Hiss. Now one would look very stupid if one was to worship heat, electricity, magnetism or gravity. So, no worship for me.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

Welcome to RF Peter, I'm from a Christian background and became a Baha'i 25+ years ago. Checked out agnosticism, atheism, Hinduism and Buddhism on the way. We all have our stories to tell:)