• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good christians

maty

Who are the good christians ,according to Allah?

: And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud. When they listen to that which hath been revealed unto the messenger, thou seest their eyes overflow with tears because of their recognition of the Truth. They say: Our Lord, we believe. Inscribe us as among the witnesses

[Qur’an 5:82-83]

Karl R

maty said:
Who are the good christians, according to Allah?
How does that verse support this assertion?

The verse implies (but does not state directly) that these christians are good christians. However, it does not even suggest that christians who do not choose to become muslims are not good christians.

Did you notice that the word "good" does not appear at all in that verse?

maty

I know it according to the previous verses.

The good,true christians are those who believe in God the Almighty. They know well their religion and their book.And
they are ready to accept and recognize the truth from the Qur’an.

They know it’s the truth ;

bec.it agrees with their book.

maty

This is not a non-cristian religion who decide.This is but the meaning of the verses
said by God.

maty

Some Biblical verses that agree with the Qur'an

Your God is One God. There is no god but Him… (Qur'an, 2:163)
… "He is God, Absolute Oneness." (Qur'an, 112:1)

"There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no God but You." (1 Chronicles 17:20)
You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him, there is no other. (Deuteronomy 4:35)

Your God is One: Lord of the heavens and Earth, and of everything between them; Lord of the Easts. (Qur'an, 37: 4-5)

New Testament
"Sovereign Lord," they said, "You made Heaven and Earth and the sea, and everything in them." (Acts 4:24)

Say: "People of the Book! Come to a proposition that is the same for us and you-that we should worship none but God, not associate any partners with Him, and not take one another as lords besides God..." (Qur'an, 3:64)

Old Testament
But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you, and go off to serve other deities and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land... (2 Chronicles 7:19-20)
Praise be to God, to Whom everything in the heavens and everything in the earth belongs, and praise be to Him in the Hereafter... (Qur'an, 34:1)

Old Testament
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. (Psalm 100:4)

GOD'S NAMES​

He is God-there is no god but Him. He is the Knower of the Unseen and the Visible. He is the All-Merciful, the Most Merciful. He is God-there is no god but Him. He is the King, the Most Pure, the Perfect Peace, the Trustworthy, the Safeguarder, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Supremely Great. Glory be to God above all they associate with Him. He is God-the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise. (Qur'an, 59:22-24)

The kingdom of the heavens and Earth belongs to Him. He gives life and causes to die. He has power over all things. He is the First and the Last, the Outward and the Inward. He has knowledge of all things. It is He Who created the heavens and Earth in six days, then established Himself firmly on the Throne. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes out of it, what comes down from heaven and what goes up into it. He is with you wherever you are-God sees what you do. The kingdom of the heavens and Earth belongs to Him. All things return to God. He makes night merge into day and day merge into night. He knows what the heart contains. (Qur'an, 57:2-6)

Old Testament
The Maker of heaven and Earth, the sea, and everything in them-the Lord... (Psalm 146:6)

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. (Psalm 145:3)

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all... (Psalm 145:8-9)

The Lord is righteous in all of His ways and loving toward all that He has made. (Psalm 145:17)

The Lord watches over all who love him, but all the wicked He will destroy. (Psalm 145:20)

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. (Psalm 103:8)

... Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him. (Daniel 2:20-22)

Know that the Lord is God. It is He Who made us, and we are His; we are His people. (Psalm 100:3)

maty

It's impossible to be a Christian and NOT believe in God Almighty.
PHP:

You're right . But it depends on which God you believe in.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

So are all Christians evil and deceitful?
Does this mean that all Christians are conniving traitors to the words of God? Very definitely not! Like all groups of humanity, there is good and bad among their ranks. The Muslim's Qur'an indeed tells us that Christians, as a whole, posses many good and decent qualities. For example, the Noble Quran (The Muslims' Holy Scripture) says:
"...and nearest among them (humanity) in love to the believers (Muslims) will you find those who say 'we are Christians': because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant. And when they listen to the revelation received by the messenger (Muhammad), you will see their eyes overflowing with tears for they recognize the truth: They pray: 'Our Lord! we believe; write us down among the witnesses'. (The Noble Quran, 5:82-83)"

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
maty said:
Some Biblical verses that agree with the Qur'an

Your God is One God. There is no god but Him… (Qur'an, 2:163)
… "He is God, Absolute Oneness." (Qur'an, 112:1)

"There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no God but You." (1 Chronicles 17:20)
You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him, there is no other. (Deuteronomy 4:35)

Your God is One: Lord of the heavens and Earth, and of everything between them; Lord of the Easts. (Qur'an, 37: 4-5)

New Testament
"Sovereign Lord," they said, "You made Heaven and Earth and the sea, and everything in them." (Acts 4:24)

Say: "People of the Book! Come to a proposition that is the same for us and you-that we should worship none but God, not associate any partners with Him, and not take one another as lords besides God..." (Qur'an, 3:64)

Old Testament
But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you, and go off to serve other deities and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land... (2 Chronicles 7:19-20)
Praise be to God, to Whom everything in the heavens and everything in the earth belongs, and praise be to Him in the Hereafter... (Qur'an, 34:1)

Old Testament
Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. (Psalm 100:4)

GOD'S NAMES​

He is God-there is no god but Him. He is the Knower of the Unseen and the Visible. He is the All-Merciful, the Most Merciful. He is God-there is no god but Him. He is the King, the Most Pure, the Perfect Peace, the Trustworthy, the Safeguarder, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Supremely Great. Glory be to God above all they associate with Him. He is God-the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise. (Qur'an, 59:22-24)

The kingdom of the heavens and Earth belongs to Him. He gives life and causes to die. He has power over all things. He is the First and the Last, the Outward and the Inward. He has knowledge of all things. It is He Who created the heavens and Earth in six days, then established Himself firmly on the Throne. He knows what goes into the earth and what comes out of it, what comes down from heaven and what goes up into it. He is with you wherever you are-God sees what you do. The kingdom of the heavens and Earth belongs to Him. All things return to God. He makes night merge into day and day merge into night. He knows what the heart contains. (Qur'an, 57:2-6)

Old Testament
The Maker of heaven and Earth, the sea, and everything in them-the Lord... (Psalm 146:6)

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. (Psalm 145:3)

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all... (Psalm 145:8-9)

The Lord is righteous in all of His ways and loving toward all that He has made. (Psalm 145:17)

The Lord watches over all who love him, but all the wicked He will destroy. (Psalm 145:20)

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. (Psalm 103:8)

... Praise be to the name of God forever and ever; wisdom and power are His. He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; He knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with Him. (Daniel 2:20-22)

Know that the Lord is God. It is He Who made us, and we are His; we are His people. (Psalm 100:3)

Here's the thing...I am a Christian...therefore, I am in no way bound by the laws of Q'uran OR the Old Testament of the Bible.

I am bound by the laws of the New Testament...I am bound to Jesus Christ.

And Christ Jesus is a manifestation of God Almighty. You don't have to believe this. But you certainly will not shake my belief.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
maty said:
It's impossible to be a Christian and NOT believe in God Almighty.

You're right . But it depends on which God you believe in.

I refuse to argue the Trinity with you...and I have a hunch that this is where you're leading.

I believe that God Almighty IS ONE God...manifested in THREE persons...Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

You are not obliged in any way to view God in such a manner but there's no chance that you can shake my belief with quotations from both the Q'uaran and the Old Testament of the Word...two books which do not contain the laws in which I am bound to.

maty

Islam respects all religions .
We are not a muslim if we don't believe in all God's messengers (Peace and mercy of Allah be upon them )and all His books

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
maty said:
DawnyO826
Which book do you read Dawny0826 ? vbmenu_register("postmenu_521485", true);

The Bible...

Among the versions I refer to...

KJV, NKJV, NLT, NIV & NCV.

I'm not Muslim, therefore, I'm not required to acknowledge the Q'uran as one of God's books. I acknowledge the Old Testament of the Bible, of course, but I am not bound to it.

And though I do respect you and your beliefs and wish you nothing but the best in your spiritual journey...there is no one on earth who can shake my belief in the divinity of Christ Jesus. He's so much more than a messenger to me. And I think many Christians would respond similarly.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
dawny0826 said:
Here's the thing...I am a Christian...therefore, I am in no way bound by the laws of Q'uran OR the Old Testament of the Bible.
Dawny, are you saying that the Old Testament is irrelevant in the lives of Christians? Just because Jesus fulfilled the old covenant, I don't believe we are free to disregard all of God's commandments that are found in the Old Testament, do you?

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Katzpur said:
Dawny, are you saying that the Old Testament is irrelevant in the lives of Christians? Just because Jesus fulfilled the old covenant, I don't believe we are free to disregard all of God's commandments that are found in the Old Testament, do you?

Hi Kathryn!

No, this is what I said...

I acknowledge the Old Testament of the Bible, of course, but I am not bound to it.

I didn't say it was irrelevant. It's incredibly important. I study from it as often as I can. I accept the complete Bible as truth.

What I was trying to say was...

I'm a Christian. I'm not Jewish. I live underneath the covenant established by God through Christ Jesus. The ten commandments are found within the NT as well but I don't live underneath the same "law" as my Jewish brothers and sisters. I'm to obey the laws God established through Christ.

I wasn't sure if the OP understood that. He made mention of the Q'uran and stated something to the effect that we should uphold ALL of God's books. And I don't accept the Q'uran as one of God's books and although I believe the Bible (Old and New Testaments) to be complete truth...I don't live underneath the laws established within the Old Testament of the Bible...I'm bound to Christ and the laws (many the same as the OT) established by God through Him within the NT.

I would never discount the importance of the OT of the Bible. It's kind of hard to understand how we got to Point B without understanding why we needed to get there in the first place. ;) And my God IS the God of Abraham.