• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good bye one and all

Walkntune

Irony alert.:facepalm:

But in all honesty... the creation vs evolution "debate" is really people who understand biology trying to educate people who don't... unfortunately...some people (creationist) who don't don't understand biology don't want to understand it.
I don't dind this statement true or fair as I don't think biology is key inunderstanding evolution.If this is really true and I wanted to understand evolution then I would start with humans themselves and figure out the difference between introverts and extroverts. I would see how even as children some like bright clothes and some like to be camouflaged the same as we see in the animal kingdom.I would start noticing a difference between the behaviors of the two and would see how introversion is not a disease (huge cause of insanity trying to turn an introvert into an extrovert)but an actual survival instinct.There is an underlying cause of behavior and thought that is beyond biological chemicals.You may notive that these attributes play a role in driving human behavior just as it does in the animal kingdom. The octopus's ability to camouflage itself and even imitate creatures it has never seen before is pretty amazing.
Then it would not be so difficult why people disagree.Unfortunately this is an extroverted world and science starts with preconceived ideas as pointed out above so
instead of underlying causes they start out with the chemical processes which is just an effect.
I know I have mentioned this a few times but I believe it can be key to understanding the evolution verses creation debate and I see truth in both sides.
I think human behavior and thought is instinctive and not as controlled as we may assume.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I say don't leave for good....just take a vacation. Yeah, some people just can't hold a civil conversation when they know they're
right & the other side is Satan's spawn. Economic issues are just as bad. So if/when you return, try to avoid certain posters.
""Now, a lifetime of experience has left me bitter and cynical." -Calvin

Skwim

Veteran Member
I don't dind this statement true or fair as I don't think biology is key inunderstanding evolution.If this is really true and I wanted to understand evolution then I would start with humans themselves and figure out the difference between introverts and extroverts. I would see how even as children some like bright clothes and some like to be camouflaged the same as we see in the animal kingdom.I would start noticing a difference between the behaviors of the two and would see how introversion is not a disease (huge cause of insanity trying to turn an introvert into an extrovert)but an actual survival instinct.There is an underlying cause of behavior and thought that is beyond biological chemicals.You may notive that these attributes play a role in driving human behavior just as it does in the animal kingdom. The octopus's ability to camouflage itself and even imitate creatures it has never seen before is pretty amazing.
Then it would not be so difficult why people disagree.Unfortunately this is an extroverted world and science starts with preconceived ideas as pointed out above so
instead of underlying causes they start out with the chemical processes which is just an effect.
I know I have mentioned this a few times but I believe it can be key to understanding the evolution verses creation debate and I see truth in both sides.
I think human behavior and thought is instinctive and not as controlled as we may assume.
What a perfect example of just the kind of people Atomist is talking about: "people who don't don't understand biology [and] don't want to understand it." Your reply couldn't have been better.
icon14.gif

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I say don't leave for good....just take a vacation. Yeah, some people just can't hold a civil conversation when they know they're
right & the other side is Satan's spawn. Economic issues are just as bad. So if/when you return, try to avoid certain posters.
"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?" -Calvin

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little pratice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" -Calvin

Walkntune

What a perfect example of just the kind of people Atomist is talking about: "people who don't don't understand biology [and] don't want to understand it." Your reply couldn't have been better.
icon14.gif
Lets just say I understand why those who rely on biology do.I understand why some have to say short sarcastic snappy answers to draw attention to themselves also instead of
having respectful discussions.Keeps me from taking it personal.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I don't dind this statement true or fair as I don't think biology is key inunderstanding evolution.If this is really true and I wanted to understand evolution then I would start with humans themselves and figure out the difference between introverts and extroverts. I would see how even as children some like bright clothes and some like to be camouflaged the same as we see in the animal kingdom.I would start noticing a difference between the behaviors of the two and would see how introversion is not a disease (huge cause of insanity trying to turn an introvert into an extrovert)but an actual survival instinct.There is an underlying cause of behavior and thought that is beyond biological chemicals.You may notive that these attributes play a role in driving human behavior just as it does in the animal kingdom.

Sorry, but how does this relate to the ToE?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Trying to determine what other people's motives are is almost always difficult. It's akin to attempting to read minds. We usually decide that whatever would move us in their circumstances has moved them and we call that their motivation. So to say you have an understanding of why people believe in creation and why others accept evolution risks a rapid descent into the wildest and most unfounded speculations.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Thing is, a biological theory, naturally enough, deals with biological concepts. Not necessarily with their extrapolations nor with the alternate meanings of the same terms in other fields.

BTW, "evolution" is not a particularly accurate word for the biological concept. It does not have a planned outcome or a desired effect, despite the usual conotations of that word in other contexts.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Lets just say I understand why those who rely on biology do.I understand why some have to say short sarcastic snappy answers to draw attention to themselves also instead of
having respectful discussions.Keeps me from taking it personal.
Errr . . . speaking of answers that draw attention to themselves, pot. And believe me, it wasn't meant sarcastically. Your reply was perfect and couldn't have been more timely.

Walkntune

Errr . . . speaking of answers that draw attention to themselves, pot. And believe me, it wasn't meant sarcastically. Your reply was perfect and couldn't have been more timely.
My theories have were not meant to be dogmatic.I do have to smile though as this thread has been the very proof of its own topic.

Walkntune

You don't have to choose between being dogmatic or just plain wrong, you know.
To assume I am wrong about possibilities of how introverts and extroverts have different survival traits that can even cause a difference in perception of how they might see and perceive reality would be dogmatic.If it is wrong I would like to see your facts. If you don't notice at least a pattern in behaviours then I hope you are not into the sciences.