• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Book, or Program to learn to read, write and speak Arabic?

Raban

Hagian
For all of you Non-Arabic born people, what is a good textbook, program, to learn to effectively learn Arabic for the long term. I can all ready read and speak some simple things, but I would like to be able to fluently speak and write it, and don't really know any good places (I have used Livemocha, and can't use Rosetta Stone) and would appreciate advise.

underthesun

Terrible with Titles
Is there any chance you can take a local class on the subject? Perhaps at a language center, or even a university? I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but I've always found that classes really seem to get you speaking more than textbooks and programs, and seem to help you advance quicker. It depends on the learner, of course.​

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I'd second classes.

A good idea would be to contact a local mosque or two, as well; they will know where you can learn it. It's usually nearby (the next building or a tiny distance away) or in the mosque itself.

The New Livemocha is... meh. I preferred the old one, but it's not unusable. It's better than a kick in the teeth. :)