• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good Arguments that are Pro-God

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
actually yes. when i was an atheist, i was sure that god was part of time. but everything changed with the thought that god is beyond time. and god being beyond time has sense, because how time started then, if not for god.
“Starting” happens inside time.

syo

So from outside of time, nothing ever changes, nothing starts, nothing ends.
All moments in time are basically simultaneous when seen from outside of time.
Or so I'd assume - things of that nature are speculative and probably beyond human understanding.
exactly, that's what god is. unchangeable and eternal and a mystery to us.

Also, could you please elaborate on how would that be an argument for the existence of a deity? Just because you don't have another explanation it must be a deity that caused it?
i don't know what started time, but something must have started it. i call that something god, something beyond nature. the question is, how time started?

Reactions: Liu

Liu

exactly, that's what god is. unchangeable and eternal and a mystery to us.

i don't know what started time, but something must have started it. i call that something god, something beyond nature. the question is, how time started?
I see. Huh, you are even less a theist than I am, I suppose. My deity concept at least has/is consciousness, yours is basically only the primal cause.

We don't really know whether time ever had a beginning, nor whether our timeline is the only one. Perhaps our universe is just part of a much more complex multi-dimensional one in which time is not merely linear?

syo

I see. Huh, you are even less a theist than I am, I suppose. My deity concept at least has/is consciousness, yours is basically only the primal cause.

We don't really know whether time ever had a beginning, nor whether our timeline is the only one. Perhaps our universe is just part of a much more complex multi-dimensional one in which time is not merely linear?
yes, perhaps there is multidimensional universe. time is a mystery.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
actually yes. when i was an atheist, i was sure that god was part of time. but everything changed with the thought that god is beyond time. and god being beyond time has sense, because how time started then, if not for god.
Hmm, so time is evidence for God. Cool.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
The closest that ever came was the time Brad Warner mentioning the universe is not entirely comprised of dead matter.

Of course I suspect the version of God Brad Warner referred to is by no means close to what people think a God is or should be.
No, probably not. His books look interesting.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It saves having to do any thinking - apart from then having to perhaps choose a religion? :oops:

Liu

It saves having to do any thinking - apart from then having to perhaps choose a religion? :oops:
I'd actually let that count as an argument. But it doesn't really apply to all religions. Many members of my religion believe that our deity wants us to think a lot...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I'd actually let that count as an argument. But it doesn't really apply to all religions. Many members of my religion believe that our deity wants us to think a lot...

It was a bit mean-spirited of me. :sparklingheart: