• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good and Evil

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Let a man be never so ungrateful or inhuman, he shall never destroy the satisfaction of my having done a good office.
Seneca.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
By desiring what is perfectly good, even when we do not quite know what it is, and cannot do what we would, we are part of the divine power against evil, widening the skirts of light and making the struggle with darkness narrower.
"George Eliot", Mary A. Evans (d. 1880)
To my understanding, the pantheistic God is as to good and evil as the Tao is to ying and yang, God is one and hence transcends the apparent duality. The Abrahamic God is also shown to consistent with this theme as reflected in Isaiah 45:7. The Lord God is one. I form the light and the darkness, I create the good and the evil, I the Lord does these things.

All so called evil still has its genesis in God so when we pray for forgiveness for our sins, that forgiveness is conditional on us forgiving ALL those who have sinned against us. If we have hate in us and refuse to forgive the evil doer, then we will never be forgiven for any sins which we are guilty of, though they be few compared to the hardened evil doer. It's a principle, God is the source of all, the good and the evil, if we seek union with God, we must transcend the apparent duality.