• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Good and bad, and the journey of life... A place between God and Death

Just_me_Mike

In between God and Death is a place of consciousness that humans are born into in which we struggle with concepts of good and evil, good and bad, suffering and joy, pain and pleasure etc...

Some try to escape this by teaching themselves good and bad doesn't exist, which is partly true. In death they both don't exist, and with God they both don't exist, so in extreme realities, of true life and true death they would be correct, good and bad doesn't exist. Yet here we are, somehow plagued by good and bad, in this lull we call life. A journey ever working through something we know doesn't really exist, yet we grapple with everyday.

How weird!

Just_me_Mike

Furthermore, it seems most religious ideology is centered around explaining the apparent prevalence of good and evil. Also those that are not religious or subscribe to a divine belief, wrestle with the question in terms of morals and justice, but look to nature, science and reason for direction and explanation.

Either way, humans seem to admit there are levels of human behavior that range from detrimental to society and themselves to acts of love purely out of an interest to do right by others.

Gray seems to be the color to settle upon when discussing such matters, because truly while in this life both do exist, but only as abstract realities, and something we have a part in defining which makes them gray.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well...gee...waxing over...philosophically?

Wax on...wax off!

How about a line drawn...a definitive item...take your pick.

Then, as you stand on your side, and I stand on mine....
You can paint your side gray...if you want to.