• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gonna "sell" my soul to Satan

It's a lost of Self, a submission to something higher. This is right hand path, as far as I understand the term.
There was a time I saw it in a similar vein. I argued extensively that any sort of theism or belief precluded the LHP. That was before I had a hard look at its roots.

For me, submission to some power, whether church or state, is heresy against myself, as faith belief is a sort of intellectual treason. Yet, the LHP is only a prong in my approach rather than the whole. Once I realized that, and separated the bits of my world view that were LHP from those that were not(even while maintaining them as a synchronous whole) I came to understand the nature and simplicity of the tool that is the LHP.

That is, it doesn't deal with cosmology or belief until DOING personal nastika, getting down with your own devil's as it were, shapes that cosmology or belief. I had been putting the cart before the horse.

Satanism is about freedom.
Here's a thought; where is the line for freedom? How much is too much?

Does freedom end before or after one freely chooses to bow down before something or worship and believe in unseen forces?

Is that one choice too many?

These are of course rhetorical questions, but feel free to answer them if you want :p

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Does freedom end before or after one freely chooses to bow down before something or worship and believe in unseen forces?

These are of course rhetorical questions, but feel free to answer them if you want :p

Hm, I'd say that freely worshiping is not the same as "selling your soul." It's an individual choice as opposed to a destruction of Self.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

What is "freedom" anyways?

What is "freedom" anyways?
A convincing illusion made so by our perception of the sequential nature of events. That is, we can read what has been but not will be. The mysterious nature of the latter makes it seem as though we are 'choosing'.

In reality, the entire concept of freewill necessitates a sort of magical X factor that allows us to step outside of the chain of causality that allows us to make predictions(the backbone of our sciences).

I find it unlikely that we are somehow a universal exception.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Hm, I'd say that freely worshiping is not the same as "selling your soul." It's an individual choice as opposed to a destruction of Self.
And if you freely choose to destroy yourself?
I see "selling your soul in exchange for freedom and/or power" to be the same thing as "self" destruction.

Do you want to be free from feeling bad due to your pesky conscience? Well, you can destroy your conscience, that part of you that is unique to you as an individual that helps you to discern and make judgements, by doing those very things that make you feel bad! If you do enough of these things, your conscience will die from assault and battery! You won't have to worry about that pesky thing that is unique to you as an individual anymore!

I see "selling your soul in exchange for freedom and/or power" to be the same thing as "self" destruction.

Do you want to be free from feeling bad due to your pesky conscience? Well, you can destroy your conscience, that part of you that is unique to you as an individual that helps you to discern and make judgements, by doing those very things that make you feel bad! If you do enough of these things, your conscience will die from assault and battery! You won't have to worry about that pesky thing that is unique to you as an individual anymore!
Or, you may, in the shedding a lifetime of conditioning bit by bit through exercising these 'nastika', discover 'that pesky thing'.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator

The fact that you ask that shows that you have a fear of freedom - a fear of what you might do with it. That's exactly what god wants you to have. It's a way to keep you under his dominion and authority. If you can cast of those shackles, you will find that there is nothing to fear in relation to freedom.

The fact that you ask that shows that you have a fear of freedom - a fear of what you might do with it. That's exactly what god wants you to have. It's a way to keep you under his dominion and authority. If you can cast of those shackles, you will find that there is nothing to fear in relation to freedom.
Apparently you don't know what a rhetorical question is. Whoosh, right over top.