• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goldman Sachs $750 Billion Climate Plan

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From the "Good News Network" comes this investing plan on the part of one of the 6 largest banks in the USA.

Goldman Sachs Unveils $750 Billion Climate Plan For Investing in Solutions, and Vows Never to Support Arctic Drilling

With this move, Goldman Sachs becomes the first major U.S. bank to prohibit financing for Arctic oil drilling and the first to establish explicit limits on financing for the oil and gas sector.

“Companies have traditionally treated sustainability as a peripheral issue,” writes Solomon in the FT, “focusing narrowly on the way they manage their impact on the environment. We don’t have the luxury of that limited perspective any more.”

“The evidence of climate change is clear. And, people in both developed and developing countries are questioning the ability of their economies to reward their hard work.”
Also included was a similar commitment to refuse all financing and support for coal-fired power plants unless they also included modern carbon capture technology to the degree that the emissions are offset.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I am a very open gullible guy. But when bankers talk about 750 billion dollar plan? Then my first thought is "rolling into their pockets".

Banks announced crisis in Holland. All people should pay little more tax. This happened. 1 year later same banks announced 6 billion profit....for them. No bankers got killed.

Are we all crazy, allowing them too fool us.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I am a very open gullible guy. But when bankers talk about 750 billion dollar plan? Then my first thought is "rolling into their pockets".

Banks announced crisis in Holland. All people should pay little more tax. This happened. 1 year later same banks announced 6 billion profit....for them. No bankers got killed.

Are we all crazy, allowing them too fool us.
My thoughts exactly. I don't believe for a second they have the environment on their mind. But they might have their reputation on their mind. So they are trying to greenwash their business and, if watched closely, it may have an impact. If their plan really has impact, I don't begrudge them if they make a little money out of it.