• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Golden Precepts of Esotericism

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
How it begins:

The Path to the Heart of the Universe

There is a hunger in every human heart, which nothing can satisfy or appease — a hunger for something more true than ordinary human beings wit of, a hunger for the real, a hunger for the sublime. It is the nostalgia of the soul, of the spirit-soul of man. The source of this longing is the homesickness brought about by the soul-memory of our spiritual abode, whence we came and towards which we are now on our return journey.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
More Theosophy from Purucker:

Man per se is an invisible entity. What we see of him in and through the body is merely the manifestation of the inner man, because man essentially is a spiritual energy — a spiritual, intellectual, and psychomaterial energy, the adjective depending upon the plane on which we choose to discern his actions, for indeed he may be said to exist on all planes, inner and outer.

wicketkeeper

Living From the Heart.
I have read the opening chapter and it is a beautiful read. Thank you for sharing this delightful book, it has re-ignited my interest in the esoteric. Many years ago I was a member of my local theosophy group.

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
This is how the little book ends:

Compassion is the fundamental law of nature’s own heart. It means becoming at one with the divine universe, with the universal life and consciousness. It means harmony; it means peace; it means bliss; it means impersonal love.

Having this vision sublime, do not shut your eyes to the misery of others, but devote your life like the Buddhas of Compassion to help all things, first by raising yourself — impersonally, not personally — so that you may help others to see the light divine.

Is there anything so beautiful, so high, so noble, as bringing comfort to broken hearts, light to obscure minds, the teaching of men how to love, how to love and to forgive?

To bring peace to men, to give them hope, to give them light, to show them the way out of the intricate maze of material existence, to bring back to one’s fellow men the knowledge of their own essential divinity as a reality — is not that a sublime work?

Nicholas

Bodhicitta
Puucker's 1931 edition explains the purpose of the book:

PREFACE

THIS little book contains certain teachings
given for study and for meditation
to Chelas in the Esoteric School.
H. P. B.'s The Voice of the Silence comprises
a number of extracts from the same sources
of teaching in a reproduction which is faithful
almost verbatim to the original works
from which she drew; but the phraseology in
that wonderful little work of hers is often
highly technical and therefore difficult of understanding
by Occidentals trained almost
from birth in a quite different psychology.

The extracts from teachings both public
and private which the present book contains,
are an effort to present to Occidentals and,
indeed, to Orientals for that matter, other
doctrines current in the Esoteric School, but
in a form more comprehensible to the West,
that is to say in a form which is more familiar
to thoughtful Western minds, although
in some cases I have adhered faithfully almost
word for word to the paragraphs of the
Secret Books which I myself have studied
for many years.