• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going to visit the UK!

Troublemane

This coming Sunday (Aug 8) I will be boarding an aeroplane and visiting the isle from whence my ancestors came, probably fleeing under threat of death by being burned at the stake.... But nevertheless! Hence I hie myself to, and such.:D

And as it occurs to me there are several RF members living in the UK, I thought I'd throw out my itinerary and see if it would bring me near anyone who might wanna meet over a drink, or a sandwich, or something?

Mon(Aug 9)....Warwick Castle
Tue(Aug10)....Cliffs of Dover, and Whitecastle
Wed(Aug11)....Portsmouth & Portchester Castle
Thur(Aug12)...London (at night going to Picadilly Circus)
Fri (Aug13)....Blackpool
Sat (Aug14)...Alnswick Castle (and village of Nisbet)
Sun (Aug 15)....at Coventry, getting sloshed on my birthday!

then mon (aug16) I stagger back onto the plane and fly back to america, to recover before going back to work. :angel2:

If anyone there wants to hang out for a bit, gimme a shout. I dont think I will have a phone there, but my friends I am staying with have cell phones and i can give you their #'s. :trampo:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am so jealous!!!

My husband and I are going to be in the UK for three or four days next summer. I would love to hear your feedback on where you've been so that we may be able to work some of that into our agenda.

WOOHOOOOOO - have a jolly good time, you buggar.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
This coming Sunday (Aug 8) I will be boarding an aeroplane and visiting the isle from whence my ancestors came, probably fleeing under threat of death by being burned at the stake.... But nevertheless! Hence I hie myself to, and such.:D

And as it occurs to me there are several RF members living in the UK, I thought I'd throw out my itinerary and see if it would bring me near anyone who might wanna meet over a drink, or a sandwich, or something?

Mon(Aug 9)....Warwick Castle
Tue(Aug10)....Cliffs of Dover, and Whitecastle
Wed(Aug11)....Portsmouth & Portchester Castle
Thur(Aug12)...London (at night going to Picadilly Circus)
Fri (Aug13)....Blackpool
Sat (Aug14)...Alnswick Castle (and village of Nisbet)
Sun (Aug 15)....at Coventry, getting sloshed on my birthday!

then mon (aug16) I stagger back onto the plane and fly back to america, to recover before going back to work. :angel2:

If anyone there wants to hang out for a bit, gimme a shout. I dont think I will have a phone there, but my friends I am staying with have cell phones and i can give you their #'s. :trampo:

You will be spending a lot of time travelling. I hope you enjoy yourself.
I am north east of Manchester. so not on your route. how are you travelling between places they all look like 5 hours by road.
I take it you are coming into West midlands/ Coventry airport.

Troublemane

Flying into London/Heathrow and my friends are picking me up. Im staying with them in Coventry and my travelling there gave them the excuse to take me to see all the places they would like to go see, but didn't have a reason! LoL

Mainly going there to see them. Its gonna be a blast. :trampo: