• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going the Celebrate at the Greek Orhthodox Church in town.....

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
Hey Friends,

A little over a year since I attended Worship at a Coptic Orthodox Church, I'm checking the Eastern Orthodox tradition.

Been putting it off for a while, over this last year, but I've reached a point where I felt called to check it out.

I typed up a little message the Father and introduced myself, and I got a message back from his son that looks over thing while his Dad is gone.

He sent me a truncated version of a paper he wrote at Cambridge about Theosis,
as I had said this was something I wanted to know more about and instruction on.

Also he said that this week was a good week to attend,
as the Priest speaking is a converted Anglican.

I'm looking forward to speaking with him about his experiences,
as I'm curious about what is next for me.

Will I cross into Orthodoxy officially or will I continue on this Orthodox influenced Anglo-Catholic?

Stay tuned and if anyone is interested I'll report in on what happened and how it went.

:namaste
SageTree

InChrist

Free4ever
I am interested to hear how it goes and am sincerely praying for God's wisdom and guidance to lead you as you seek Him.

:cross:

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

I won't overload with details, but don't let me be too vague....
Like when I went to the Coptic Church :eek:

Peace be with you both,
SageTree