• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going Out On A Limb Again

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Isn't the lesson that the President can orchestrate a coup? I mean I don't blame the Capital police for not expecting that we would have a traitor in the WH who would urge his cult members to storm the Capital.
He didn't organize one.
Merely fomented violence by loons.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
He didn't organize one.
Merely fomented violence by loons.

You really believe that? He planted the idea among them and encouraged it. Then sat by for hours after it started not doing anything. He is a traitor.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Yes.
You really believe he planned to takeover government by having
fur & horn wearing selfie taking boobs storm the Capitol?

So you think he was just encouraging them to stand out in front of the building, and peacefully wave their Trump signs around? I do not know if he thought he could continue in office but he was certainly intent on stopping Biden's certification. That is a seditious act under our Constitution.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So you think he was just encouraging them to stand out in front of the building, and peacefully wave their Trump signs around? I do not know if he thought he could continue in office but he was certainly intent on stopping Biden's certification. That is a seditious act under our Constitution.
So you think he expected to become President
as a result of rabble invading the Capitol?
It's pretty far fetched.
Mr Trump is not a thoughtful man. Much of
what he does appears to be a brainless tantrum.

Orbit

I'm a planet
I prognosticate he will go out like a 3rd world dictator, not acknowledging his successor, and having a red carpet rolled out, with a military band send off, complete with a 21 gun salute to his self-imagined greatness to help artificially inflate his deflated ego, as he heads out into the waiting arms of law officers with arrest warrants.

Alright, I'm not being a prophet here. I'm just reading the news. :) (I just added the last part with a bit of wishful thinking).

Trump is planning an 'elaborate' send-off for himself before Biden's inauguration. He wants a red carpet, military band, and a 21-gun salute, reports say.

Just wow.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'll continue to predict a peaceful (relatively) transition on Jan 20.
Noisy with scattered violence...but no coups.
Anyone else with a prognostication?
I predict Fox, MSNBC, CNN and a bunch of minority players will tie themselves into sailor-defying knots trying to make it sensational.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I sure hope you're wrong. I want action! Drama! Excitement!
In the news...
Moving trucks arrive at President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club on Palm Beach
Police expect Trump to arrive in South Florida on Inauguration Day
Several large moving trucks arrived at President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club on Palm Beach Monday morning, sparking speculation that he'll move to South Florida once he leaves office.

poster_29e6ff78c441469a95b9e2ff73e29712.jpg

By: Matt Papaycik , Matt Sczesny
Posted at 9:52 AM, Jan 18, 2021

and last updated 3:01 PM, Jan 18, 2021
PALM BEACH, Fla. — Several large moving trucks arrived at President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago club on Palm Beach Monday morning, sparking speculation that he'll move to South Florida once he leaves office.

WPTV Chopper 5 flew above Mar-a-Lago around 9:30 a.m. and spotted at least two trucks from JK Moving Services stationed in front of the club, along with workers carting large moving boxes into the property.

Heavy security was apparent with a United States of America helicopter and Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office helicopter hovering over Mar-a-Lago, along with law enforcement patrol boats monitoring things just offshore.

Palm Beach police said President Trump will arrive in South Florida on Wednesday morning, the same day President-elect Joe is due to be inaugurated in Washington, D.C.

In a letter sent to residents last Friday, Town Manager Kirk Blouin and Police Chief Nicholas Caristo said they expect road closures around Mar-a-Lago club to be in place for "several days."

"On Wednesday, January, 20, 2021, we expect Secret Service to have a final road closure near Mar-a-Lago," the letter said. "The road closure will last several days for safety and security reasons. Beyond this, we do not foresee any future road closures related to the presence of a former President."