• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going Live on Amazon!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's like giving birth, isn't it. :) You spend all that time and energy and money creating this unique thing that has never existed before. Then you launch it into the world, where you're forced to learn to let it survive, or not, on it's own merits. And that's hard to do.

But then you start finding yourself being interested in the possibilities presenting themselves to you by doing it all again. And soon the last one has been forgotten and the next one has become your new life's obsession.

It's curse, really.

It's definitely a labor of love, that's for sure.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Congratulations @Sunstone !
tenor.gif

Best of luck with your book.

Thanks, Daemon! Much appreciated!

Congrats for your achievement :beercheers:

Must be a great feeling to see your hard work pay off. I wish you all the best :praying::fist::cocktail:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I am reading it at the moment, i am about 1/4 through and i can recommend it.

PureX

Veteran Member
Fascinating title, but I'm not familiar with it.
It was a bit of a 'must read' for artists back in the late 70s when it came out. And was almost considered a 'taboo' subject at that time. The idea that creativity might be an expression illness, and a need for healing. (Especially in a generalized cultural sense.) It gave a lot of people involved in the arts serious pause.

It illuminates a whole new way of viewing someone like Andy Warhol, for example.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It was a bit of a 'must read' for artists back in the late 70s when it came out. And was almost considered a 'taboo' subject at that time. The idea that creativity might be an expression illness, and a need for healing. (Especially in a generalized cultural sense.) It gave a lot of people involved in the arts serious pause.

It illuminates a whole new way of viewing someone like Andy Warhol, for example.

That's quite interesting! My therapist informed me just a few months ago that the genetic link between creativity and mental illness is now so well established that there are even professional associations of psychiatric workers dedicated to addressing it.

My 25 or so beta readers come from several countries around the earth. Most of them are highly creative, but many do not have access to quality mental health care in their own countries. About a year ago, I set up a program for them with my therapist to use his services free of charge to them if and when they felt any need to.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I have finished the free pdf sampler, and it is now available to anyone who requests a copy.