• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going Live on Amazon!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Yesterday evening, at 8:18PM Mountain Time, my most recent book went live on Amazon. "Going live" is what Amazon calls "published". The book was a year in the making, and I'm naturally happy to see it 'leave the nest'.

What kind of book is it? It's a hybrid of some sort. I've not personally seen anything like it. It contains dozens of poems, 100 aphorisms, epigrams, and short prose pieces, and an hilarious foreword. Most of the poems tell stories -- based on real people and events -- about intimacy and love, vulnerability and abuse, healing and authenticity.

The poetry is emotionally charged, rich in metaphors, often laced with wit, and unpretentious. Readers should expect to laugh one moment, cry the next, and feel uplifted the next after. Again, the stories are based on real people and actual events.

The book is for older teens, young adults, and adults -- actually, for anyone who believes in connecting deeply, loving meaningfully, and living fully.

I am currently preparing a free pdf sampler of the poems, aphorisms, epigrams, and short prose pieces. If you would like me to email you a copy of the pdf when it is finished, simply PM me with your email address and I will get a copy to you within the next day or two so you can see for yourself what the book is all about. Reading the pdf in no way obligates you to buy the book.

The book is currently available as a paperback in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, and a few other nations. A Kindle version will be out in about a month or so.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
Hearty congratulations Phil!

I'm so glad the effort you've put in over these past few months has paid off - now it's time to enjoy the fruits of that prodigious creative endeavour :D ( :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag: ).....along with a marketing campaign.

I have ordered the book from Amazon and look forward to reading it.

Laika

Premium Member
Congrats on becoming a published author @Sunstone ! I envy you! :D

I hope it is a great read and people will enjoy it. Best of luck.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Yesterday evening, at 8:18PM Mountain Time, my most recent book went live on Amazon. "Going live" is what Amazon calls "published". The book was a year in the making, and I'm naturally happy to see it 'leave the nest'.
Congratulations, mate!

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

What kind of book is it? It's a hybrid of some sort. I've not personally seen anything like it. It contains dozens of poems, 100 aphorisms, epigrams, and short prose pieces, and an hilarious foreword. Most of the poems tell stories -- based on real people and events -- about intimacy and love, vulnerability and abuse, healing and authenticity.

The poetry is emotionally charged, rich in metaphors, often laced with wit, and unpretentious. Readers should expect to laugh one moment, cry the next, and feel uplifted the next after. Again, the stories are based on real people and actual events.

The book is for older teens, young adults, and adults -- actually, for anyone who believes in connecting deeply, loving meaningfully, and living fully.

I am currently preparing a free pdf sampler of the poems, aphorisms, epigrams, and short prose pieces. If you would like me to email you a copy of the pdf when it is finished, simply PM me with your email address and I will get a copy to you within the next day or two so you can see for yourself what the book is all about. Reading the pdf in no way obligates you to buy the book.

The book is currently available as a paperback in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, and a few other nations. A Kindle version will be out in about a month or so.

It has a title?

Eyes to See

From my brief interactions with you on this forums you always came across as a proficient writer, and a reasonable person.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I went to Amazon but did not see the book even when selecting by "just published". What I did find was a book on event planning and other such tomes.

PureX

Veteran Member
It's like giving birth, isn't it. :) You spend all that time and energy and money creating this unique thing that has never existed before. Then you launch it into the world, where you're forced to learn to let it survive, or not, on it's own merits. And that's hard to do.

But then you start finding yourself being interested in the possibilities presenting themselves to you by doing it all again. And soon the last one has been forgotten and the next one has become your new life's obsession.

It's curse, really.

Last edited:

Secret Chief

Stiff Member

Top news!

Daemon Sophic

Congratulations @Sunstone !
tenor.gif

Best of luck with your book.