• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going bald?

Erebus

Bur is that upside down the right look for you?

I wasn't sure at first but this two step programme changed my life:

(I didn't actually go for the goatee but I genuinely did have somebody show me their ID when I was stood outside a pub waiting for a friend)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I've been shaving my head for a while now. After a particularly bad photo which showed how much my hairline was receding, I decided to just go completely bald. I also grew a beard since it tends to work well with a bald head.

I've been told that I suit this look far more than I suited being clean-shaven with hair on my head. It's also saved me a lot of money and hassle going to the barber's since I just bought myself some clippers.
Yeah, I shave my head and have a beard, too. It's a very masculine look.

Still think this one is the best, despite having nothing to do with their hair :D

View attachment 44640

Nothing to do with hair, but this is the best

giphy.gif

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Completely bald here! I just shave off the rest till i blind others when the sun hits the top of my head just right.

Used to get real self conscious about balding when I was in my 20s, but I feel like the older you get, the more you master the art of not giving a damn. My friends tell me that it suits me, so that's a bonus.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've been bald for quite some time. I'd prefer not being bald but not enough for hair transplants

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Looks good! Same with the septum!

You know, I plan on getting my septum pierced in the near future, too. I like the idea of a piercing that no one will no about but me, so I plan on stretching it to 8g and stickin a plug up there.
Cool. It doesn't really hurt getting it pierced but stretching it hurts a lot. I had mine at 6g before, but I forced it so it hurt more than it had to. Go slow and take your time.

Eyes to See

I was already going bald when I got married, you can see in my hairline receding already:

image0.jpeg

I think it was maybe 6 or 7 years from then that I had lost pretty much everything except the sides and back. I just shave now keep it all even. :D

IMG_0602.jpg

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Cool. It doesn't really hurt getting it pierced but stretching it hurts a lot. I had mine at 6g before, but I forced it so it hurt more than it had to. Go slow and take your time.

Yah... I'm in the process of waiting for my ears to heal so I can start stretching those. One common theme people have is that taking things slow is the best thing, and that seems like a good idea to me. I'm in no rush. :D

QuestioningMind

Who here is either bald or going bald?

I am now bald headed and I'm 37, started going bald in my 20s

The back of my head is mostly bald but I have some hair left up front

I console myself with the notion that it's a sign of me being an alpha-male

And maybe it is?

Do you resent your baldness?

I certainly do

In my youth I had an extravagant head of hair

I miss that very much :(

I hide it by regularly having my remaining hair shaved off by a barber

I had a long thick head of hair all through my 20's then started loosing it in my 30's. Totally freaked out... thought my life was over... started doing that pathetic comb-over thing where I could convince myself looking in the mirror that I didn't look bald, but I wasn't fooling anyone else. Finally in my late 30'd I decided that worrying about how I'd look completely bald was making me far more miserable that actually being bald would be, so I went and shaved my head.

Took some getting used to, but it was the best thing I could have done. My life didn't end. My kids didn't run away screaming - okay, the two youngest did the very first time they saw me, but they quickly got over it. Having hair was nothing but a hassle... washing it conditioning it always making sure it looked 'okay'... it was all just about my silly ego. The truth is if they found a sure-fire cure for baldness tomorrow I wouldn't have the slightest desire to get to the treatment.

Eyes to See

I had a long thick head of hair all through my 20's then started loosing it in my 30's. Totally freaked out... thought my life was over... started doing that pathetic comb-over thing where I could convince myself looking in the mirror that I didn't look bald, but I wasn't fooling anyone else. Finally in my late 30'd I decided that worrying about how I'd look completely bald was making me far more miserable that actually being bald would be, so I went and shaved my head.

Took some getting used to, but it was the best thing I could have done. My life didn't end. My kids didn't run away screaming - okay, the two youngest did the very first time they saw me, but they quickly got over it. Having hair was nothing but a hassle... washing it conditioning it always making sure it looked 'okay'... it was all just about my silly ego. The truth is if they found a sure-fire cure for baldness tomorrow I wouldn't have the slightest desire to get to the treatment.

I never worried about losing my hair. But it was a challenge and a change when my wife told me to shave it all off. I didn't want to do that. But I finally did, and it was nice. So I understand not wanting the change, but also see that it isn't so bad.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

I didn't really answer the OP when I replied to this thread before.

Yes, I have fairly advanced male-pattern baldness at 31. However, I've been shaving my head since 2009, so it wasn't a big deal. I do resent not really having a choice in terms of hairstyles. No growing my hair out for me, which sucks because I do like the jarhead look and I looked good with a style like that. It doesn't bother me that much. I'm just surprised how quickly the balding has advanced. Lol.

On the other hand, the hair on my head seems to just have gone to every other place on my body. I have a rug on my back, for example. Lol. Even my *** is hairy. :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

I was bald by thirty and I hated it. Now I'm resigned to my fate as an old fuddy duddy.

At least I don't have to fawn over the mirror for hours anymore in vain attempts to hide it.

Suave

Simulated character

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

I took minoxidil as soon as I noticed myself beginning to bald, minoxidil enabled me to regrow hair over my previous baldness.

Last edited:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I am thinning on my sides, but more on my right. I keep my hair long and in a ponytail, and I personally think it looks fairly okay. Kind of distinguished.

JIMMY12345

And maybe it is?

I certainly do

Poll prefer slim belly or being bald .All us guys opted to be bald.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew my hairline was receding, but I didn't realize I was going bald until I was standing in the service desk line at Walmart. I looked at the camera monitor whose camera was positioned behind me. I saw a guy standing in line with a bald spot the size of a golfball. I thought to myself "that poor ******* is really losing his hair." As I turned around to see who the unfortunate soul behind me was losing his hair, the balding guy in camera turned with me.

Anyway, I now have long hair. Most have no idea I have a sizable bald spot because I pull my hair up in a messy-bun.

That said, baldness never really bothered me. It's a natural phenomenon that runs in my genes. I don't fight it. OTOH, my brother, when started going bald in his early 20s, fought it with Rogaine and hair transplants.

Shaul

Premium Member
The measure of a man isn't whether he is bald or not. ;)
But let's not split hairs.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The measure of a man isn't whether he is bald or not. ;)
But let's not split hairs.
:D

God made two different types of heads, one that is beautiful and the other that is ugly, and the latter He covered with a lot of hair.