• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going back to Raelism

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I'm sorry... I still can't deny the Raelian book and I was being an idiot. I must be hurting your feelings... this was never my intention... I sincerely wanted to be baptized Mormon. If you get mad at me I understand.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I understand. Of course I'm not mad at you. I wish you well, whatever your spiritual journey.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I want to wait longer to make sure. FOMO means that I will keep morally clean again and follow the recommendations of the missionaries and try to get a second lesson. I will be patient and teachable.

I'm impressed by how the leaders can cry at General Conference and in general!

DavyCrocket2003

Dude, why does it have to be one or the other? The whole idea of Mormonism (as Joseph Smith founded it anyway) is to accept truth wherever it may be found. The Book of Mormon being true doesn't conflict with other inspired or divine sources. :)

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Dude, why does it have to be one or the other? The whole idea of Mormonism (as Joseph Smith founded it anyway) is to accept truth wherever it may be found. The Book of Mormon being true doesn't conflict with other inspired or divine sources. :)
Mormons can't be Raelians for reasons I don't know, but Raelians can't be Mormons as long as they officially believe in God.

I am waffling a lot but the continued efforts of Latter-day Saints as well as attending Church have helped me to keep the door wide open.

I agree that the Book of Mormon doesn't conflict with Raelism. There are a few things that don't match, but they are few enough that I won't suspend my two beliefs.