• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going back to my Nowhere Land.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Too many ads all over the place now making it difficult to navigate and interact.

Running away from Rf.

Thanks to everyone here, I've had a wonderful time and even learned a thing or two.

Best wishes to all and take very good care of yourselves.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Too many ads all over the place now making it difficult to navigate and interact.

Running away from Rf.

Thanks to everyone here, I've had a wonderful time and even learned a thing or two.

Take a break, you will be missed.

suncowiam

Running away from Rf.

Use ad blocker. It works perfectly.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Running away from Rf.

I had the exact same problem. Paid $3.95 per month through PayPal and then everything worked perfectly and instantly. It was essentially unusable before that.

That's like one beer a month.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Running away from Rf.

You cannot leave permanently without first filling out form 37B-17 in triplicate.

Twilight Hue

As to ad blockers

I have to work out persistent storage issues first. Seems to be a issue with my model in spite of clearing cashe and cookies. Unused apps as well.

The permissions seem a little too intrusive for ad blockers anyways that I looked at. At least for chrome Google. Others I need to research to see if people have issues but for now the storage is not going to allow a download. I'll probably just wait until I upgrade to a new phone in the future.

There will always be a forum out there that is experiencing "simple" beginnings. Like the old RF.

@ a greased scotsman. He got it right. Lol *grin*

Twilight Hue

I hate ads just as much as the next guy, but are we really going openly suggest robbing RF of revenue?
I'm a big proponent of capitalism. Just not when the marketing posts more than the posters. Got to strike that happy balance between two extremes. ;0)

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
One ad at the top of the page, one ad at the bottom of the page, and ads every three or four posts. Every page.

It is rather horrendous.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I hate ads just as much as the next guy, but are we really going openly suggest robbing RF of revenue?
These appear be mostly click2pay ads (like Adsense), so unless you would be clicking on the ads, you're not really robbing them. Since I rely on ads for a living on www.ScubaBoard.com , I like to see it from a professional interest. However, most of the people who "Go Red", don't turn off the ads. But then, our ads are all about Scuba Diving (even the Adsense ads) so my users don't mind them as much.

Brent W

Resident Tech Guy
These appear be mostly click2pay ads (like Adsense), so unless you would be clicking on the ads, you're not really robbing them. Since I rely on ads for a living on www.ScubaBoard.com , I like to see it from a professional interest. However, most of the people who "Go Red", don't turn off the ads. But then, our ads are all about Scuba Diving (even the Adsense ads) so my users don't mind them as much.

Incorrect. They are CPM ads. We use AdThrive.com to serve all ads.

Also, I browse the site with the same ads you all do and manage to post without my mind exploding. We offer $3.95 a month to get rid of the ads. I think that is more than fair.

Sorry to see you leave @Nowhere Man but hope you come back!

ScubaBoard is a very nice site! If you ever sell it let me know :)