• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going against the natural order

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Why is it important? What even IS 'spiritual advancement' or for that matter, spirit?

Internal power, self divinity, connection with the All as some say... This is spiritual. I find, no matter what path you follow, lack of belief in anything besides the here and now, besides the temporal, is absolutely meaningless. If there is absolutely no point, there is no reason to seek inwardly. Spirituality is important because it deals with things greater than wars, making weapons, creating cooler video games and 3D movies...

Drax

Independent
@ The Doors of Perception

Internal power? Define that?

Self divinity? Define it and tell me why it matters.

Connection with the 'All' - Care to explain why this has meaning beyond what you or others give it?

What makes you think anything has meaning beyond what we make for it?

Making weapons, creating wars and advancing entertainment technology is just as meaningless in totality as your 'spirituality'. Although I like all of the above and reject your 'spirituality' more and more.

As for seeking inwardly; it is to know thyself. Is it valid? It is to the 'self' doing the seeking. Is it valid beyond the human spectrum? Not at all.

So is spirituality important? It is to those who want to lie to themselves that it is. Is war, making weapons and creating 'cooler' video games and 3D movies important? It is more concrete and gives the few control over the many (and the many like that control).

This is the 'meaning/purpose' generated by the few, by the way. To play this absolutely awesome version of 'The Sims' with every human life. They will grow bored of their toy soon enough and simply destroy it. "Free will" is an amusing plaything.

Premium Member
@ The Doors of Perception

Internal power? Define that?

Self divinity? Define it and tell me why it matters.

Connection with the 'All' - Care to explain why this has meaning beyond what you or others give it?

What makes you think anything has meaning beyond what we make for it?

Making weapons, creating wars and advancing entertainment technology is just as meaningless in totality as your 'spirituality'. Although I like all of the above and reject your 'spirituality' more and more.

As for seeking inwardly; it is to know thyself. Is it valid? It is to the 'self' doing the seeking. Is it valid beyond the human spectrum? Not at all.

So is spirituality important? It is to those who want to lie to themselves that it is. Is war, making weapons and creating 'cooler' video games and 3D movies important? It is more concrete and gives the few control over the many (and the many like that control).

This is the 'meaning/purpose' generated by the few, by the way. To play this absolutely awesome version of 'The Sims' with every human life. They will grow bored of their toy soon enough and simply destroy it. "Free will" is an amusing plaything.

Internal power? As in self "salvation" I suppose you can call it. The ability to change your world through knowing your Self. Self divinity is simply embracing the spirituality naturally in us. Connection with the All is the whole point of existence. We aren't just passing the time on this rock with absolutely no meaning. What it means is the Absolute, a state of pure existence. If you feel life is meaningless and spirituality pointless, I have no problem with that. Unlike you, I am not about being the few to control the many. I am about controlling myself. People can do anything they want for all I care, apart from causing harm to others. If a person believes in no spirituality it has nothing to do with me. I am not responsible for their enlightenment.

Drax

Independent
Internal power? As in self "salvation" I suppose you can call it. The ability to change your world through knowing your Self. Self divinity is simply embracing the spirituality naturally in us. Connection with the All is the whole point of existence. We aren't just passing the time on this rock with absolutely no meaning. What it means is the Absolute, a state of pure existence. If you feel life is meaningless and spirituality pointless, I have no problem with that. Unlike you, I am not about being the few to control the many. I am about controlling myself. People can do anything they want for all I care, apart from causing harm to others. If a person believes in no spirituality it has nothing to do with me. I am not responsible for their enlightenment.

We are capable of changing the world whether we know ourselves of not.

Spirituality naturally within us? Do explain THAT.

Connection to the 'All' is the whole point of existence? Prove it?

I think we are just passing time on this 'rock' *Earth by the way* with absolutely no intrinsic meaning. We make the meaning. We write the stories. We build the villains and heros who we desire to defeat them - or maybe to fail for once.

I think it scares you to think there is no meaning to any of this. :)

Premium Member
We are capable of changing the world whether we know ourselves of not.

Spirituality naturally within us? Do explain THAT.

Connection to the 'All' is the whole point of existence? Prove it?

I think we are just passing time on this 'rock' *Earth by the way* with absolutely no intrinsic meaning. We make the meaning. We write the stories. We build the villains and heros who we desire to defeat them - or maybe to fail for once.

Don't speak for me. Perhaps you are simply too weak to connect with any deeper meaning, and you have no purpose in life so you choose to believe there is nothing?

If you don't believe spirituality, I couldn't care less. It is an empirical thing. You experience it. Prove that we are just passing time. If I wanted a meaningless life full of worthlessness I would have accepted Christ. I was where you are too, but thankfully I grew out of the high school, something to prove, Satanism stuff.

Premium Member
Words of perception and understanding. :bat:

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I'm not really a turn the other cheek guy. He wants to insult me and put words in my mouth, right back at him. If life is meaningless, and you make your own meaning, it is still meaningless. Why a meaningless life would exists i cannot imagine.

Drax

Independent
Don't speak for me. Perhaps you are simply too weak to connect with any deeper meaning, and you have no purpose in life so you choose to believe there is nothing?

If you don't believe spirituality, I couldn't care less. It is an empirical thing. You experience it. Prove that we are just passing time. If I wanted a meaningless life full of worthlessness I would have accepted Christ. I was where you are too, but thankfully I grew out of the high school, something to prove, Satanism stuff.

You cannot answer these questions, thus your lash out and almost resort to personal attacks. That is very mature of you?

I provide my own value to my own life (and know I provide my own value). I do not look to any deity to give me worth.

As for me being weak? Think as you please. Strength is a matter of opinion for some would say to love your enemy instead of beating him down is strength and others would say that grinding his bones to dust is strength. Weakness is what you make it. ( I make my own meaning to my life ).

Drax

Independent
I'm not really a turn the other cheek guy. He wants to insult me and put words in my mouth, right back at him. If life is meaningless, and you make your own meaning, it is still meaningless. Why a meaningless life would exists i cannot imagine.

I affirmed that I think it scares you to believe there is no meaning. I did not debase you by calling you weak and comparing you to high school adolescents. However, 'each to their own' . . . right?

Premium Member
You cannot answer these questions, thus your lash out and almost resort to personal attacks. That is very mature of you?

I provide my own value to my own life (and know I provide my own value). I do not look to any deity to give me worth.

As for me being weak? Think as you please. Strength is a matter of opinion for some would say to love your enemy instead of beating him down is strength and others would say that grinding his bones to dust is strength. Weakness is what you make it. ( I make my own meaning to my life ).

Cool. Same here. I do not think that I am the greates thing in the universe, but I do believe to each their own. So go for it.

That seems to be the stumbling block for most, and a unifier for the Left. I don't feel the need to defend another's viewpoint. It was more interesting to see where you and Doors were going. ;)

Now that you two seemed to have arrived, I'll toss in my two cents: Technology is the meaning without, spirituality is the meaning within, and all meaning is I. ;)

Because the rocks don't care, and the rain will fall.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What is spiritually responsible and WHY?

Idk I guess humanitrian and enviromental responsibility would be a good place to start and because we are aware that's why

Drax

Independent
Idk I guess humanitrian and enviromental responsibility would be a good place to start and because we are aware that's why

What does humanitarian/environmental responsibility have to do with an invisible ghost inside of us? - and because we are aware? I smell BS.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
What does humanitarian/environmental responsibility have to do with an invisible ghost inside of us? - and because we are aware? I smell BS.
thats not my idea of spirituality i never even stated i believed in spirits or souls.

and yeah were aware and know our actions have out comes. We also have an idea of subjective wrong and rights.

Premium Member

An invisible ghost inside us? Haha we're in an adult philosophical debate now with our straw man arguments!

Premium Member
I affirmed that I think it scares you to believe there is no meaning.

Why would this scare me? I'd love if life was meaningless. No responsibility, nothing to acheive... You could do anything you want without worry, or do nothing at all. Perhaps you are afraid of taking responsibility. Or, maybe you are just lazy, or too weak to try and accomplish things greater than yourself? I don't know, as I don't know you.