• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods with no beginning

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
I don't believe this because it's irrational and primitive. God doesn't need human beings to speak for Him.
Tom
Anyone could claim to be hearing God's voice in their head. Prophets on the other hand come with supernatural signs and a message that resonates with the people.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Anyone could claim to be hearing God's voice in their head. Prophets on the other hand come with supernatural signs and a message that resonates with the people.

Or stories about supernatural signs and stories that resonate with similar people.
Like Muhammad's followers who wanted to reproduce Muhammad's success as a warlord.
Tom

Muslim-UK

Premium Member
Or stories about supernatural signs and stories that resonate with similar people.
Like Muhammad's followers who wanted to reproduce Muhammad's success as a warlord.
Tom
Who in the 7th Century Arabia knew the Universe started with a Big Bang, then expanded rapidly, and from the gasses Planets were formed and eventually the Universe will lead to the Big Crunch?

Who knew that following the Prophet's death, the weakened Romans would defeat the stronger Persian Empire, and the Muslims would in turn become the dominant power?

Who knew a day would come when barefooted nomads would compete with each other to make the tallest buildings?

Who knew Oil would be discovered and people would fight over it?

Who knew the Earth's core was made up mostly of Iron?

Let me know. As for being a Warlord, stop reading anti Islamic sources and read from genuine sources, and if that's asking too much to ask, then read what secular Historians have to say.

Thomas Carlyle:
"The lies which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only. A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world, the world’s Maker had ordered so."

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Who in the 7th Century Arabia knew the Universe started with a Big Bang, then expanded rapidly, and from the gasses Planets were formed and eventually the Universe will lead to the Big Crunch?
Nobody.
And I have already heard a bunch of weak Muslim arguments trying to interpret modern science into primitive ancient writings. It leaves me more convinced that Muslims will make up stuff to stroke their own egos.
Tom

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
It depends on what you mean as having no beginning. It the beginning, there was Chaos, which isn't really perceived of as a deity itself. Nyx (Night), Erebus (Darkness), Eros (Love) and others came forth from Chaos, so does that count as a parent or as a non-beginning? Japanese mythology has very similar themes.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
So which of the deities that you know about off the top of your head had no beginning?

It seems most of the deities I read about have parents, therefore have a beginning.

If God always existed, what did he do before he created other spirits and people?

Does anyone else find it quite difficult to fathom having no beginning... Always existing... That means 500 trillion years ago or the equivalent of that, God would have been doing or pondering something ... What do you think he did?

The dimension of time apparently came to be with and within our 4 dimensional universe. Quantumland, which is external to the cosmos, from without and within, is timeless. So without time, God "always existing" is meaningless.