• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's power

LCMS, the fact is that scientists know a lot more about the creation of the universe than the Bible does. The Big Bang theory involves a lot of applied mathematics, observations by telescope, theoretical physics, etc.

On the other hand, anti-big bang Creationism offers no explaination other than "scientists do not have all the answers" and "God did it", and it has no evidence to support it other than the rigid notion that what some guys wrote thousands of years ago was divinely inspired and intended word for word

If scientists accepted the religious explainations for things, they would never have wasted their time investigating why the sun emits so much energy (God does it, d'uh). Then we never would have found out about fusion and the possibilities of this clean potential energy source.

Honestly, LCMS, doesn't God do everything? God makes babies, right? And human sexual intercourse (eggs, sperm, and so forth) is HOW God makes babies, right? Why can't the Big Bang theory be "how" God made the universe is beyond me.

hadeka

Do you realy think that GOD is controlled by the law of his universe ?!!!

I believe that GOD created the universe, and if you dont believe that, no problem. but i want to ask you something:

Where our mind came from? Does it came by nature ?!! if yes, why did it came to human being only? where our way to think came from?

Human being is the only being that has a way to think, that owns a free will, that owns a mind.

I believe that our mind was created, and i believe that no one can create a mind like that except GOD.
and if GOD can create this complicated mind, so of course he can create the universe with the laws of the universe.
GOD created the universe and created the laws of everything in that universe and GOD created our mind in our brain to make us learn and understand this laws.

He created 2 planets, and then we understood that when we see one planet and another planet beside each other, that means that these are two planets.
But we asked any other living organism about 1+1=what?, he will never answer even if you still asked him for thousand years, he will only ask if he is something like parrot !

They couldnt answer because they dont have mind as human being.

So we knew that 1+1=2 through the laws that GOD created.

GOD created the law and the things that make these laws and the way that make us understand these laws.

Hope you can get what i mean

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

I believe that GOD created the universe, and if you dont believe that, no problem. but i want to ask you something:

Where our mind came from? Does it came by nature ?!! if yes, why did it came to human being only? where our way to think came from?

Human being is the only being that has a way to think, that owns a free will, that owns a mind.

I believe that our mind was created, and i believe that no one can create a mind like that except GOD.
and if GOD can create this complicated mind, so of course he can create the universe with the laws of the universe.
GOD created the universe and created the laws of everything in that universe and GOD created our mind in our brain to make us learn and understand this laws.

He created 2 planets, and then we understood that when we see one planet and another planet beside each other, that means that these are two planets.
But we asked any other living organism about 1+1=what?, he will never answer even if you still asked him for thousand years, he will only ask if he is something like parrot !

GOD created the law and the things that make these laws and the way that make us understand these laws.

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

Do you realy think that GOD is controlled by the law of this universe ?!!!

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

Do you realy think that GOD is controlled by the law of this universe ?!!!

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

i wrote something which has an error in my last post:

i meant : "If we asked any other living organism about 1+1=what?, he will never answer even if you still asked him for thousand years, he will only answer if he is something like parrot !

Ceridwen018

hadeka,

If you truly believe this, then I'm afraid that you've been severely indoctrinated with creationist propaganda. It is a popular misconception that we humans aren't animals, but rather some higher lifeform. The fact of the matter is, we are animals--mammals to be exact, and share many traits with our distant cousins.

The mind did not come only to the human as you state. Animals have minds as well, which they use to think and reason through their daily situations to stay alive. You mention that animals do not have free-will also. The logic in this is extremely faulty, for if animals do not control their own decisions, then who does?

The universe was created by the natural patterns of matter which resulted in the big bang. Our minds and bodies are part of that continued evolution.

Or something like a modern ape. You see, animal's intelligence is based on quality, not quantity. There are actually a fair amount of animals who could answer your 1+1 question, such as certain species of apes, dolphins, and certain species of birds.

They do actually, it's just not as developed. We're talking about science here.

By your logic here, for us to know the answer to 1+1 doesn't make us any smarter on account of because god has already put the answer in our heads.

hadeka

ok ok
i will agree with you that Human is an animal, a mammals.

but let me ask you?

what is the difference between other animals and the animal called human?

let me also ask you: what if the human being never came to this universe?

you think there is no difference between the existence and the non-existance of human being in that universe.

but, the mind can not come to our universe by nature, may be the brain can come by nature, but the mind can not, the way we think, the way we live.

you believe that all other beings own minds as human,
if yes, so why we only human who wearing teeshirts and underwares etc.. by owerselves.
if other beings, realy have a way to think through a mind as human, they will cover their body, they will search for another way to get their meals other than immegrating to other countries for a long distance.

their lives will look like the human life.

everything in the universe is living by nature except human, by several laws that can not be changed as i mentioned and as we can realise.

In last post, i said, look at the universe.

look at it and you will realy see that the mind can not come from nature, it only can come from a creator.

and about the big bang, ,, as we all know that the universe before the big bang was very small and in just one piece.
so who created that piece or where did it come from ??
it can not be eternal because if it is, so why did it explsed at this time? why not any other time?

and the explosion of the big bang can not be by nature ...why ?!!

because the thing that explosed, was a small piece as i mentioned.

and because the effects of this explosion is still untill now !!

and if we said that this explosion can be by nature, so it will not like that , it will not have the results that we can see and realise right now.
so there was a very strong power that was the reason for the results that we see now.

look at the universe, at the position and the location of earth and everything around the earth and its relationship with earth and look to yourself, to your body....meditate and think about your body
be an introspective.

I believe that ALL this can not be as we see right now by chance.

hope you can get what i mean

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

ok ok
i will agree with you that Human is an animal, a mammal.

but let me ask you?

you think there is no difference between the existence and the non-existance of human being in that universe.
but the human being is the only being that is destroying the life circle of the nature that god created in the universe. If the human never exist, the

universe will be better, so there is something wrong in the universe which not living by nature, but a free will, which is human being

and, the mind can not come to our universe by nature, may be the brain can come by nature, but the mind can not, the way we think, the way we live.

if yes, so why we only human who wearing teeshirts and underwares etc.. by owerselves.
if other beings, realy have a way to think through a mind as human, they will cover their body, they will search for another way to get their meals other

than immegrating to other countries for a long distance.

everything in the universe is living by nature except human, by several laws that can not be changed as i mentioned and as we can realise.

In last post, i said, look at the universe.

look at it and you will realy see that the mind can not come from nature, it only can come from a creator.

and about the big bang, ,, as we all know that the universe before the big bang was very small and in just one piece.
so who created that piece or where did it come from ??
it can not be eternal because if it is, so why did it explsed at this time? why not any other time?

and the explosion of the big bang can not be by nature ...why ?!!

because the thing that explosed, was a small piece as i mentioned.

and because the effects of this explosion is still untill now !!

and if we said that this explosion can be by nature, so it will not like that , it will not have the results that we can see and realise right now.
so there was a very strong power that was the reason for the results that we see now.

look at the universe, at the position and the location of earth and everything around the earth and its relationship with earth and look to yourself, to

your body....meditate and think about your body
be an introspective.

I believe that ALL this can not be as we see right now by chance.

hope you can get what i mean

Thank you

Hadeka.

hadeka

another point i 4got 2 say that

the human being is the only being that is destroying the life circle of the nature that god created in the universe. If the human never exist, the
universe will be better, so there is something wrong in the universe now which not living by nature as all other beings, but a free will, which is human being

Ceridwen018

hadeka,

Humans have simply evolved to a higher level than other animals.

Well, there'd probably be a lot more ants...

The universe could care less whether or not humans live or die. Earth, on the other hand, would certainly be different without humans. I think that without humans, some other species would have evolved to dominance in our place.

Maybe dolphins (being one of the smartest animals) would have developed ESP and be controlling the land from the water by way of manipulating the minds of all the ants...

but the human being is the only being that is destroying the life circle of the nature that god created in the universe. If the human never exist, the

Why do you think that humans are destroying the life cycle?

universe will be better, so there is something wrong in the universe which not living by nature, but a free will, which is human being

I don't think earth would be better without humans--just different. Neither scenario is better or worse for the habitants.

and, the mind can not come to our universe by nature, may be the brain can come by nature, but the mind can not, the way we think, the way we live.

Why don't you think that the mind can come from nature?

if other beings, realy have a way to think through a mind as human, they will cover their body, they will search for another way to get their meals other

than immegrating to other countries for a long distance.

Not necessarily. The intelligence of animals differs from us in the area of quality, not quantity. I think that all animals have the mechanics to perform all of the mental exercises we humans pride ourselves in, but it depends on how much capacity they've developed.

You're saying that humans could not have come from nature?

Who ever said that it hasn't exploded before and then just reverted back to its original form? Maybe we're all just part of some huge pattern.

Muad'dib

Ever heard of a super computer? Man made, yet many have been designed in such a way as to resemble intelligence. We may not yet be able to create a human-equivalent artificial intelligence, but that is only a few decades away. Now, if mere humans can create intelligence, what makes you assume that only something as powerful as God can create our "complicated mind".

Looking at the hierarchy of organisms, you can actually see intelligence slowly but surely developing. Nerves at the anterior end of an organism become more and more complex. Slightly less advanced organisms (dolphins, apes, cats) do possess rudimentary intelligence. It is flat out dumb to say that humans are the only ones with intelligence. This simply is not true. We simply have the most advanced intelligence RIGHT NOW. That could change in the future. It may actually not be true right now, since we only know the relative intelligence levels on our own planet. There may presently be another, more intelligent organism on another planet.

You have 2 choices: Admit these possibilities are... well, possible, or admit you are stupid. Those are your only choices.

Pah

Uber all member
While I agree with most of what you say, I find this objectionable

"You have 2 choices: Admit these possibilities are... well, possible, or admit you are stupid. Those are your only choices"

Your characterizations are out of line as, in your other posts, the use of vulgarisms (even though asteriked)

Respect is the keyword at Religious Forums and I wish you would showe more of it.

Muad'dib--

I agree with pah. You have every right to express your opinion that an idea is stupid, but it is against the forum rules to personally attack someone by suggesting he/she is stupid. One of the great things about this site is that we can have a lively debate but remain respectful to each other.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Well said, and that is exactly the point i have been making all along when i have said God follos natural laws. i believe God is all powerful, i believe God does not and cannot sin. I also believe god does not and cannot create matter and that God follows natural laws, because just as you said of the power to sin, these are not powers, and therefore not included in "all powers" when speaking of God as being "all powerful"
God does not ‘follow natural laws’...

God ‘created’ the laws...

The laws (Appertaining to humanity) are for human consumption and diktat. Lower animals have ‘closed laws’ given them by God. Only absolute drastic conditions draw them into violating such laws.

Scriptures tells us that before Moses there were no ‘Human laws’ given to mankind. The INNATE laws of God existed but mankind was free (since Adam broke the innate law then all his offspring sins) to follow them - or not. Hence the days of Sodom and Gomorrah came to exist... and before that, the days of Noah also.. so bad that Almighty God considered destroying the works he created (or at least, mankind). He relented when he saw there was one righteous man on the earth. Thus, as times recovered from Noah’s salvation, the world equally became unlawful such that God set out Ten humans laws which covered all laws required by humanity in broad strokes.
All holy angels innately follow God’s laws (as they know that to do otherwise means destruction for them - like a damaged machine part - it cannot exist or remain in PERFECT system... note: Holy Angels... Demons believed that they found a loop hole by Satan and rebelled - to their DEATH!!

God ‘upholds’ the laws ‘he created’...

In order to be able to uphold the laws one must guiltless of violating those laws.

We can sin because God gave us the right (Will) to choose to follow HIS LAWS ... We cannot claim a holy God as our lawmaker if he himself violates the laws he gave us to keep. And what then does God say to us if we violate his laws, if he himself violates his own laws... search the scriptures and you will find examples of people who violated their own laws and were admonished for it.,. Who is to admonish ALMIGHTY GOD?

Sin is a ‘power’ but an INVERSE POWER... Everyone has the POWER OF SINNING... it is our duty to DECLINE THE INVERSE POWER. In scriptures, this is what is termed, ‘Grieving the Holy Spirit [of God]’. If TRUTH and RIGHTEOUSNESS is betrayed by the inverse power ..., then nothing can exist because anything claimed as existing can then be claimed as Not-Existing...!!

In a room filled with gloriousness, darkness (Lies, sin, unrighteousness) hides the glory, the glory is as good as non-existing. Only in the light (truth, sinlessness, righteousness) is the glory revealed.

Last edited: