• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's opposition to homosexual behavior. Why?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
When they choose to persist in their wrong thinking despite all evidence, reason and logic otherwise and especially when it casts a whole group of people in a negative light.

I don't have a problem with people being Christian. Don't play the martyr card with me. Homophobia isn't intrinsic to Christianity and many Christians are LGBT allies or part of the community themselves.

How does worrying for homosexuals, who experience pain and persecution, casting them in a bad light?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Thank you for sharing your irrelevant opinion.
The obvious fact that not all Christians agree (which everyone on the planet knows) is not relevant at all.
No. I asked if you believed that God gave us "only Ten Commandments".
Then I'm glad your "image" of God never existed.

What the Lord commanded ancient Israel to do concerning slavery was ideal for them in that time and place.

It allowed ancient Israel to flourish and it saved many souls.
So, your God would force women to perform their usual labors while they were suffering from the pains associated with menstruation and recovery from child birth?

No resting periods for these women? No sick days?

Your "image" of God is lame.
Not ideal for the slaves though. ;)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How does worrying for homosexuals, who experience pain and persecution, casting them in a bad light?
Now you are being disingenuous. You know very well that you think their pain and persecution is caused by them being homosexual and that I think that's a load of nonsense and that the cause of is social stigma like you are promoting.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Because the persecution and pain is literally caused by people ostensibly "worrying for homosexuals." We have studied this even.
Blech, it's kind of like when a racist voices concern for a race they think is beneath them. It's sort of transparently disgusting to anyone who is not a racist douche and yet incredibly sad when you realize said racist is being genuine in their own minds.
Like seriously it is beyond scary how interchangeable racist and homophobic rhetoric really is.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Because the persecution and pain is literally caused by people ostensibly "worrying for homosexuals." We have studied this even.
Blech, it's kind of like when a racist voices concern for a race they think is beneath them. It's sort of transparently disgusting to anyone who is not a racist douche and yet incredibly sad when you realize said racist is being genuine in their own minds.
Like seriously it is beyond scary how interchangeable racist and homophobic rhetoric really is.

Have you considered that many members of many persecuted classes, races and sects were chronically happy? I'm a Jewish Christian and knew happy Jews who experienced severe turmoil in society--the society which even now openly persecutes Jews in most countries.

I'm aware that you have some gay friends and family who are in joy--most homosexuals I know are unhappy, in pain, society didn't cause all of it or even most of it.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Now you are being disingenuous. You know very well that you think their pain and persecution is caused by them being homosexual and that I think that's a load of nonsense and that the cause of is social stigma like you are promoting.

Not at all--I'm a member of a severely persecuted Jewish race and we are happy.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you considered that many members of many persecuted classes, races and sects were chronically happy?
Were happy. Like the past tense there.
I'm a Jewish Christian and knew happy Jews who experienced severe turmoil in society--the society which even now openly persecutes Jews in most countries.
Firstly, which country openly persecutes Jews? Cause they need to join the rest of us in the 21st century, like damn. Wtf?
Also, persecution tends to create strong community bonds in people. Mainly so they can stay sane and survive. You're not seriously trying to use an adaption in order to survive cruelty as a reason why cruelty should not stop, are you?
You shouldn't be persecuting anyone. It's not very nice. Do I really need to tell you that? Like are you that lacking in common human decency that you need to be told not to bully a person like some sort of child? The hell man?
I expect better from a Christian.

I'm aware that you have some gay friends and family who are in joy--most homosexuals I know are unhappy, in pain, society didn't cause all of it or even most of it.
Actually they did. If you bully a group of people, like say calling them abominations or protesting their basic human rights for example, some, maybe even most, of said group will be unhappy. It's not exactly rocket science.
Also can I point out that Jewish folk have Holy stories in order to explain their persecution. If you have that then it's very easy to feel happy even when persecuted, because there's a religious reason. They can very easily morph their suffering into proof that it's a test from God, a Holy thing, even if it's terrible. Gay people simply don't have that to fall back on. They are called creatures who defy God who go against God's plan, they don't have a gay equivalent of a Torah to explain why their persecution exists. So they as a persecuted group are more prone to sadness, I don't wonder.
And the guilt you Christians instill in them is, quite frankly, despicable. Again Jewish folks don't really have that, they don't have people telling them that their existence is an affront to God, to their own God even. Gay people do.
You people create sadness, mental complexes and inflict cruelty upon gay people and then have the sheer audacity to claim either persecution or you are "helping" when called out for it. It's kind of sickening, to be honest.

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

If a God exists, I doubt he/she made any laws regarding homosexuality. Man made them.

Folks claim God made humans. We know how fetuses become male, and it would have to be a stupid God to make a system that naturally creates a persistent percentage of humans all over the homosexual scale, - and then condemn them.

All fetuses start out female form. A chemical kicks in to turn to male. When the chemical kicks in at the wrong time - we get the full spectrum of homosexuality.

Thus natural, not chosen.

This makes condemnation stupid.

God didn't write such crap, - men did.

Life as we know it is impossible without mitochondria which only comes from the female.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

If a God exists, I doubt he/she made any laws regarding homosexuality. Man made them.

Folks claim God made humans. We know how fetuses become male, and it would have to be a stupid God to make a system that naturally creates a persistent percentage of humans all over the homosexual scale, - and then condemn them.

All fetuses start out female form. A chemical kicks in to turn to male. When the chemical kicks in at the wrong time - we get the full spectrum of homosexuality.

Thus natural, not chosen.

This makes condemnation stupid.

God didn't write such crap, - men did.

I think that you explanation of how homosexuality arises is wrong, but I do think the causes are natural and not the fault of the person that is homosexual.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I think that you explanation of how homosexuality arises is wrong, but I do think the causes are natural and not the fault of the person that is homosexual.

It is actually correct.

In fact even testosterone evolved from estrogen.

"p. 988 "Human chorionic gonadotropin also exerts an interstitial
cell-stimulating effect on the testes, thus resulting in the production of
testosterone in male fetuses. This small secretion of testosterone during
gestation is the factor that causes the fetus to grow male sex organs
."

"NOTE: basic internal sex is female; male development depends on hormone
> production (testosterone, DHT, and MDI" (Textbook of Medical Physiology,
by Guyton, 1986, ISBN 0-7216-1260-1, p. 956
"The default gender in the womb is female, which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore develop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone. Incidentally a functioning ovary is not needed to appear to be female, whereas a functioning testis is essential for a man."

"You can look at gender in several different ways. Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course, but there’s actually more to it than that. For instance, you could be genetically female, genitally female (i.e. you have a normal vagina), but if the hormones produced by your sex organs (gonads) have been more male than usual, these would influence your brain type and thus your sex-typical behavior.
Hormones Factors in Fetus Gender and Child Future Development | Health Doctrine

That part I highlighted and underlined in blue - is where the chemicals may or may not kick in correctly - causing a full spectrum of homosexuality and transgender people.

If chemicals do not switch on that SRY gene at the right time, - we get the full spectrum of homosexuality in the womb. And for some reason that percentage appears to be an advantage for the evolutionary advancement of humans.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is actually correct.

In fact even testosterone evolved from estrogen.

"p. 988 "Human chorionic gonadotropin also exerts an interstitial
cell-stimulating effect on the testes, thus resulting in the production of
testosterone in male fetuses. This small secretion of testosterone during
gestation is the factor that causes the fetus to grow male sex organs
."

"NOTE: basic internal sex is female; male development depends on hormone
> production (testosterone, DHT, and MDI" (Textbook of Medical Physiology,
by Guyton, 1986, ISBN 0-7216-1260-1, p. 956
"The default gender in the womb is female, which is perhaps hardly surprising given that the womb is an environment awash with female hormones. A genetically male fetus will therefore develop the female form of sexual organs until ‘maleness’ is switched on by the SRY gene on the Y chromosome, and the fetal testis starts to develop and then produce testosterone. Incidentally a functioning ovary is not needed to appear to be female, whereas a functioning testis is essential for a man."

"You can look at gender in several different ways. Being XX or XY makes you female or male, of course, but there’s actually more to it than that. For instance, you could be genetically female, genitally female (i.e. you have a normal vagina), but if the hormones produced by your sex organs (gonads) have been more male than usual, these would influence your brain type and thus your sex-typical behavior.
Hormones Factors in Fetus Gender and Child Future Development | Health Doctrine

That part I highlighted and underlined in blue - is where the chemicals may or may not kick in correctly - causing a full spectrum of homosexuality and transgender people.

If chemicals do not switch on that SRY gene at the right time, - we get the full spectrum of homosexuality in the womb. And for some reason that percentage appears to be an advantage for the evolutionary advancement of humans.

That describes how gender arises, but I don't think you will find to many experts in the field that agree with you assessment of how homosexuality arises. That appears to be still a bit of a mystery.