• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Love

Tmac

The Buddha taught that compassion for others can be given through dilague. It helps me understand how to talk with anyone who disagrees in a calm and collective manner like The Buddha. No one is an alien. We can learn from all interactions if we are willing to put the effort and interest.

Yes the calmness was evident but you seemed as though it was important for you to say what you thought was important and you never addressed the other persons needs, compassion is much more than just being calm.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yes the calmness was evident but you seemed as though it was important for you to say what you thought was important and you never addressed the other persons needs, compassion is much more than just being calm.

Think about it. If someone attacked a child would the observer say "let me hear the attackers point of view 'first'" while the person attacks the child or would they say something to intervenes 'then' talk it through calmly?

Has nothing to do with you just your statement.

Tmac

Think about it. If someone attacked a child would the observer say "let me hear the attackers point of view 'first'" while the person attacks the child or would they say something to intervenes 'then' talk it through calmly?

Has nothing to do with you just your statement.

Never mind.