• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Love

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My conclusion isn't that God doesn't love me but that the love is unconditional.

I thought the idea was that Jesus already paid for all your sins. So nothing is going to happen here on earth. There may be hell or non-existence in the afterlife if you don't Jesus' payment on your behalf though.

That means God's love is not unconditional in Christian belief.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I didn't realize Abraham's God made an exception for soldiers.
I have never seen any prohibition against fighting for the Jewish nation in the OT. Neither there is any prohibition in the NT about talking up the army as a profession.

Grandliseur

They made racks for people like you! (J/K)
No need to.

I'm in hell already. Daily fire and brimstone. If I had a gun, I might be gune already. (gone, pun on) Easy way out.
I get by by distracting myself, at times by letting others feel the pain! (last was a joke) I didn't intend to cause pain.:):)
Have a nice day.

Grandliseur

1024.jpg
I agree totally.
I also think I love animals more than people.:)

DavidFirth

No need to.

I'm in hell already. Daily fire and brimstone. If I had a gun, I might be gune already. (gone, pun on) Easy way out.
I get by by distracting myself, at times by letting others feel the pain! (last was a joke) I didn't intend to cause pain.:):)
Have a nice day.

Well, maybe my little joke was in bad taste. If so, I humbly apologize.

Father

Devourer of Truth
e3d73361c2be69da30d1073a013227f4.jpg

Also

8cf.jpg
A woman is allowed to be Crazy so long as she is equally as Hot. God fails that scale big time. il be sticking with Aphrodite or something.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When I was young I was told God love me, I said okay how do I know because at that time the only love I knew was felt through interaction and this love lacked that so I thought how would I test it.

The Commandment! I'll start breaking the commandment and see if it responds. To make a long story short, I broke the all but after each I would wait to see if anything had changed and when nothing did I would move on to one I considered more egregious than the last, like lying, that wasn't hard at all. In the end I had broke all and nothing had changed. My conclusion isn't that God doesn't love me but that the love is unconditional.
OK, so you murdered somebody?

idav

Being
Premium Member
When I was young I was told God love me, I said okay how do I know because at that time the only love I knew was felt through interaction and this love lacked that so I thought how would I test it.

The Commandment! I'll start breaking the commandment and see if it responds. To make a long story short, I broke the all but after each I would wait to see if anything had changed and when nothing did I would move on to one I considered more egregious than the last, like lying, that wasn't hard at all. In the end I had broke all and nothing had changed. My conclusion isn't that God doesn't love me but that the love is unconditional.
When you were testing gods love did you break the first commandment also?

I always thought god should be more pro-active and like lightening bolt some people when they do heinous atrocities.

Faithofchristian

Ok, if to what your saying to be true, That God's love is unconditional, Then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?

There would have been no need of Jesus dieing if God's love is unconditional as you say.
Then God would haved love everyone and there would haved been no need of Jesus dieing on the cross.
Therefore God's Love is Conditional.

If God's love is unconditional as you say it is, then why at the Judgement of God's, Those who have not Repented of their sins are cast into the lake of fire.
Therefore, there is a Condition to God's Love.

JJ50

Ok, if to what your saying to be true, That God's love is unconditional, Then why did Jesus have to die on the cross?

There would have been no need of Jesus dieing if God's love is unconditional as you say.
Then God would haved love everyone and there would haved been no need of Jesus dieing on the cross.

If God's love is unconditional as you say it is, then why at the Judgement of God's, Those who have not Repented of their sins are cast into the lake of fire.

Only a psycho like the Biblical god would have expected its 'son' to die a ghastly death to atone for its screw up when it supposedly created human nature!:eek:

Tmac

Let me ask you this if Jesus, whom you seem to revere, preached forgiveness and to love one another with out condition, where did he get this idea?

Tmac

There was a shot lived thread where some ask if there was any resemblance between posters on this forum and people in your life and ironically the other night I saw a commercial (Career Day with the Progressive Insurance Box) that put me in mind of this forum.
It was a progressive insurance commercial where the pitchman was an animated box and the scene finds the box speaking to a classroom full of 8 to 10 year olds about insurance and when he's through he opens the floor to questions.

1st question: How do you go to the bathroom? The box groans. Blah balh blah.

2nd question: Do you have a girlfriend? Now this too is off the subject but is of interest so he get into his response.

3rd question: Do you have a belly button? Another groan and the commercial fades.

Tmac

"god" as you say, and from what it sounds like it's the cocky god too didn't respond to breaking any of them because he broke them too, most notably the flood. He got offended because some weren't worshiping him, his followers went on witch hunts too

Off subject, emotionally motivated.

Tmac

I may to an extent but I chose to keep it light and less personal online. If all ten commandments have "been" broken intentionally, I dont see how that changes god helping you. Instead of testing, since we expect results we are familar with, take a step back and find things youre not familar with. In other words, I think intentionally sinning is defeating the purpose of spiritual growth.

Also, like a credit card, if it happened in the past, yes it grew interest, but if you believe in god, file bankrumpt or let it drop from your credit and life moves on. Use cash instead.

What do you mean by spiritual growth? Nothing changed and that was the revelation.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
What do you mean by spiritual growth? Nothing changed and that was the revelation.

I dont understand. If you accidently broke all commandments, god would forgive. Since you did so intentionally, what is the justification for his forgiveness in unconditional love?

Spiritual growth is when you follow gods commandments as best you can. If you break one accidently, then that is growth towards a stronger relationship. When you intentionay cheat or break that commandment, that harms the relationship.

If you intentionally killed just because, I can see unconditional love as forgivess. Since you killed to test god, I dont see how that can be forgiven unless you asked.

When you ask you are spiritually growing, admitting what you did. Since you did this intentionally against god, what is the justification of the revelation?

I mean. If one can be forgiven for intentional actions, one can sin all the time and everything will be fine.