• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Love

Tmac

When I was young I was told God love me, I said okay how do I know because at that time the only love I knew was felt through interaction and this love lacked that so I thought how would I test it.

The Commandment! I'll start breaking the commandment and see if it responds. To make a long story short, I broke the all but after each I would wait to see if anything had changed and when nothing did I would move on to one I considered more egregious than the last, like lying, that wasn't hard at all. In the end I had broke all and nothing had changed. My conclusion isn't that God doesn't love me but that the love is unconditional.

Grandliseur

When I was young I was told God love me, I said okay how do I know because at that time the only love I knew was felt through interaction and this love lacked that so I thought how would I test it.

The Commandment! I'll start breaking the commandment and see if it responds. To make a long story short, I broke the all but after each I would wait to see if anything had changed and when nothing did I would move on to one I considered more egregious than the last, like lying, that wasn't hard at all. In the end I had broke all and nothing had changed. My conclusion isn't that God doesn't love me but that the love is unconditional.
Everybody has their own opinion. So, not much is gained by my post.

God's love is not unconditional at all, except in the sense that at the moment, all enjoy the profits of the earth, wicked and righteous alike.
Your actions, and even your mental disposition, what and how you do things with your mental gifts, studies, etc. - put you in one of three groups, the righteous, the unrighteous, or the wicked.

The righteous get treated like God's children in a sense. That is, when they sin they get disciplined quickly according to their sin. These will have their prayers listened to. Some prayers are answered positively, and some quickly, others slowly (depending on the issue at hand.) Some prayers will be answered with a 'No!'
The two other groups perhaps, get treated differently. In most cases, their prayers are not answered, that is particularly true to the ones God judges wicked. They do not get disciplined as the first group; rather, when their cup of sin is full, they get the full payment in return, die for all eternity, eternal sleep.

Tmac

Everybody has their own opinion. So, not much is gained by my post.

God's love is not unconditional at all, except in the sense that at the moment, all enjoy the profits of the earth, wicked and righteous alike.
Your actions, and even your mental disposition, what and how you do things with your mental gifts, studies, etc. - put you in one of three groups, the righteous, the unrighteous, or the wicked.

The righteous get treated like God's children in a sense. That is, when they sin they get disciplined quickly according to their sin. These will have their prayers listened to. Some prayers are answered positively, and some quickly, others slowly (depending on the issue at hand.) Some prayers will be answered with a 'No!'
The two other groups perhaps, get treated differently. In most cases, their prayers are not answered, that is particularly true to the ones God judges wicked. They do not get disciplined as the first group; rather, when their cup of sin is full, they get the full payment in return, die for all eternity, eternal sleep.

Please stop.
You're a murderer!!!!

Isn't killer the word you meant to say?

Silverscale derg

"god" as you say, and from what it sounds like it's the cocky god too didn't respond to breaking any of them because he broke them too, most notably the flood. He got offended because some weren't worshiping him, his followers went on witch hunts too

JJ50

I can't see anything loving about the Biblical god, the actions attributed to it are far from loving!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

How does breaking the commandments mean god has not spoken to you? If youre purpose Now is to remedy your relationship with god, Id think you see what you already have is how god response to you. That and putting together mudame things that helped you out in a huge way does not need to be supernatural for god to be the cause of it.

Also, killing and murdering are both taking a life. Whichever it is or was, a fruit fly or catepiller, you can still see god work for you. It doesnt need to be supernatural to be from god.

Just sayin'

Tmac

How does breaking the commandments mean god has not spoken to you? If youre purpose Now is to remedy your relationship with god, Id think you see what you already have is how god response to you. That and putting together mudame things that helped you out in a huge way does not need to be supernatural for god to be the cause of it.

Also, killing and murdering are both taking a life. Whichever it is or was, a fruit fly or catepiller, you can still see god work for you. It doesnt need to be supernatural to be from god.

Just sayin'

I think it would require a great deal more empathy to understand my post and I'm sure you don't want to go there but I do get the impression your intention is positive. I got no problems with God, I thought that was clear, its my bothers and sisters love that I find difficult to live with.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Or God does not exist.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think it would require a great deal more empathy to understand my post and I'm sure you don't want to go there but I do get the impression your intention is positive. I got no problems with God, I thought that was clear, its my bothers and sisters love that I find difficult to live with.

I may to an extent but I chose to keep it light and less personal online. If all ten commandments have "been" broken intentionally, I dont see how that changes god helping you. Instead of testing, since we expect results we are familar with, take a step back and find things youre not familar with. In other words, I think intentionally sinning is defeating the purpose of spiritual growth.

Also, like a credit card, if it happened in the past, yes it grew interest, but if you believe in god, file bankrumpt or let it drop from your credit and life moves on. Use cash instead.

Last edited:

Hawkins

Your mother's love can be unconditional but it's for you only. "Unconditional" has an object to act on.

God's unconditional love is reserved for His sons and daughters only. Possibly you are not one of them.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

If you really broke all ten commandments then I can understand why God doesn't love you.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
1024.jpg