• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods Kingdom is now ruling. Are you one of its citizens?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Jesus promised that he would return with the power of Gods kingdom. A lot of christians i imagine are still waiting for that to happen.

But what if someone told you that it has already happened and Jesus is already here ruling and changing the world?

What would be your initial response??

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm not sure I understand the question... In my understanding of Xianity, we are always ruled thusly, in fact to imagine otherwise is against the teachings.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I'm not sure I understand the question... In my understanding of Xianity, we are always ruled thusly, in fact to imagine otherwise is against the teachings.

what do you think the Lords prayer is asking for when Jesus said:

Let your kingdom come!

what was he talking about?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Let your kingdom come!

Hmm you mean 'earthly Kingdom ruled by Jesus..O.k. but we are still under the covenant, regardless, it isn't like we aren't under the law, right now.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Jesus promised that he would return with the power of Gods kingdom. A lot of christians i imagine are still waiting for that to happen.

But what if someone told you that it has already happened and Jesus is already here ruling and changing the world?

Why would Jesus hide ? If he is there then he should do what he have to do.
I just see more wars and more corruption.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Anyways to answer the question, yes of course I would, well, hope to be one of it's citizens.

Did you know that according to the bible, the kingdom is already a reality?

May i show you the scriptures which prove it?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

good answer, and yes i agree. The new covenant states:

Jeremiah 31:33 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares Jehovah. “I will put my law within them, and in their heart I will write it. And I will become their God, and they will become my people. 34 “And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin.”
”

How do you think this 'putting the law in their heart' and them 'knowing' their God happens? What is required for this to happen?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Several initial thoughts:
Wasn't He supposed to return in the clouds and be seen by all? Weren't there supposed to be angels and trumpets and much ballyhoo?

He's ruling as an eminance grise? Whose His front man?

If the war, strife and starvation in our present world is any indication, He doesn't seem to me doing much of a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Why would Jesus hide ? If he is there then he should do what he have to do.
I just see more wars and more corruption.

Yes Pastek, there is a lot of trouble in todays world. Most people expect that when Christ is ruling over mankind, there will be peace and security and the wicked will be gone.

However, Jesus himself said that when he begins his rule in Gods kingdom, the earth will experience 'woe'

Let me show you:

Matt 24:3 While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?...6 You are going to hear of wars and reports of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.

We must ask why would all this trouble occur after Christ returns in the power of Gods Kingdom (which is located in heaven btw)?

The bible answers this question too: A prophetic vision was give to the Apostel John about the events surrounding the establishment of Gods kingdom iin heaven with Jesus enthroned as its king:

Revelation 12:1-17 Then a great sign was seen in heaven: A woman was arrayed with the sun... 2 and she was pregnant....5 And she gave birth to a son, a male, who is to shepherd all the nations (this son is Jesus Christ) with an iron rod. And her child was snatched away to God and to his throne. ...7 And war broke out in heaven: Mi′cha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. .... 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time.”

So you see, according to Jesus own words, when he arrived in kingdom power, there would be great trouble on earth...pangs of distress because Satan the devil would be removed from heaven and confined to the earth where he would go on to cause great woe for a short time before he is removed.

So all the trouble on earth is evidence that Christ is already ruling. But maybe you want to know what he has been doing, yes?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Let your kingdom come!

Jesus said he will be outside knocking. Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Jesus is the Kingdom so to pray "let your kingdom come" is to pray for Jesus to come and eat with you.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Several initial thoughts:
Wasn't He supposed to return in the clouds and be seen by all? Wasn't there supposed to be angels and trumpets and much ballyhoo?

think about where the clouds are located. They are located in the sky, not on earth, but above the earth. We normally associate the sky above the earth to be the heavens.

Coming with the 'clouds' should be understood to mean the kingdom will be in the sky above the earth where we see the clouds....otherwise known as heaven.

and if that is true, then unless we can actually see into heaven itself, we should not expect to be able to visibly see Christ on the throne or coming with the Angles. Even he said "the world will behold me no more" and this explains why he gave his disciples a 'sign' to signify his presence in the kingdom. If he thouth his disciples would be able to see him, then he would not have needed to tell them what 'signs' to look for.

He's ruling as an eminance grise? Whose His front man?

If the war, strife and starvation in our present world is any indication, He doesn't seem to me doing much of a job.

Who is his frontman is a very good question. Obviously his frontman would need to be someone prominent within the realm of his christian followers on earth. But more then that, they would need to have knowledge of the kingdom and be actively working to promote it as Jesus and the apostles did. They would also need to uphold Gods laws and their congregations would need to be clean....they would need to behave as ambassadors as the apostles did:
2Cor 5:20 Therefore, we are ambassadors substituting for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us.

And as to why there is still so much trouble on earth, well that comes down to the very first action taken by Christ when he took power... he cast Satan out of heaven and confined him to the earth.
This act directly impacted the earth because Satan has been on a rampage and has been influencing people to act against God and his righteous standards. Historians all confirm that since the first world war in 1914, the earth went into a new era of violence and trouble.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To teach that God's kingdom would not come for two thousand years (after Jesus received it) is to disappoint all those (who will be resurrected) who had worked hard for it while they lived. Who will tell them "you might have thought you were working for it but it wouldn't exist until 1900 and something, sorry"....and anyway it isn't yours. Jesus gave it to the faithful and discreet slave and that is not you"?