• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's kingdom is not a democracy

Spiderman

Veteran Member
God's kingdom has government right? In the Lord's prayer we pray for his kingdom to be on Earth as it is in heaven.

What government would that most resemble? It certainly would not be a democracy.

My understanding is there is a very powerful narcissistic leader demanding everyone worship him, nothing unclean is allowed in this kindgom, all are united in their love and worship of him, nobody gets to protest the regime, and it is the epitome of theocracy, and some Totalitarian Dictatorship.

That is like Fascism, just more extreme. I bet God gives some killer speeches though.

What do you have to say about God's kingdom? Scripture says nothing unclean shall enter it. Hence, the need for purgatory, because if I die tomorrow, I am far from clean.

I can enjoy God's Empire if the benevolent Dictator gives good enough speeches and wears some awesome uniforms.

I hope God knows how to have a good time.

Do you think there is public nudity there?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Did Adam & Eve have a lot of laws to follow? No, not at all! They had 3! Why? Because, before they chose to rebel, they were perfect. They did not need to be regulated.

Now, the Israelites had over 600 laws to live by! Why? Because (as all humans are), they were imperfect...but they were especially hard-headed and stubborn. They needed regulation!

But even w/ all those Laws, there were many Israelites who loved Him, genuinely. King David was one. He wrote Psalms 37:4 ......doesn’t sound too bad, does it? Psalms 20:4 is similar.

When the value of Jesus’ sacrifice is fully applied to mankind, humans will gain perfection (Revelation 21:3-4), and detailed Laws won’t be required, as it was at first.

Laika

Premium Member
God's kingdom has government right? In the Lord's prayer we pray for his kingdom to be on Earth as it is in heaven.

What government would that most resemble? It certainly would not be a democracy.

My understanding is there is a very powerful narcissistic leader demanding everyone worship him, nothing unclean is allowed in this kindgom, all are united in their love and worship of him, nobody gets to protest the regime, and it is the epitome of theocracy, and some Totalitarian Dictatorship.

That is like Fascism, just more extreme. I bet God gives some killer speeches though.

What do you have to say about God's kingdom? Scripture says nothing unclean shall enter it. Hence, the need for purgatory, because if I die tomorrow, I am far from clean.

I can enjoy God's Empire if the benevolent Dictator gives good enough speeches and wears some awesome uniforms.

Before we get carried away its worth pointing out that God’s kingdom could just as easily represent another 20th century dictatorship...

To illustrate, here are some thoughts in no particular order:

1. Believes a Jew (Trotsky) betrayed the chosen one (Lenin) to the evil empire (Nazis) and persecutes heretical brands of the true faith (trotskyists).

2. Claims to act on behalf of an all seeing entity (the state/NKVD) that knows and judges peoples thoughts and feelings to determine their loyalty (thought crime/counter-revolutionary activity).

3. Takes anyone even suspected of being an unbeliever to a dark place (Siberia) where they will suffer unending torment until they are “re-educated” back to the true faith (gulags)

4. Claims to represent the best hope of all mankind for salvation, a champion of the oppressed and exploited and claims leadership as part of the vanguard of humanity’s struggle against oppression.

5. Persecuted the jews for not being loyal to the true faith (“doctors plot” and anti-zionism)

6. Builds an elaborate personality cult based on the premise “thou shall worship no other god but me” whilst feigning humility and blaming his subordinates if anything goes wrong and then precedes to erase them from the face of creation to uphold belief in his own infallibility.

3c6.jpg

7. Wages a titanic struggle against evil (hitler/nazis) that he helped to create (german commies told not to be nasty to nazis) and has no issue with the number of people who are killed in pursuing victory (20-40 million people).

8. Quite a big fan of genocide for ethnic groups that aren’t “loyal enough”.

9. Forbids homosexuality and abortion and believes that state should be involved in whatever you get up to in the bedroom.

10. Only likes democracy when he wins to demonstrate how loyal and faithful the people are and how much they love him. (One-party state)

11. engages in witch hunts against the unbeliever and anyone suspected of disloyalty (the purges and show trials) whilst also setting down a series of commandments that directly contradict the policies he pursues by his own rule (the Stalin constitution of 1936)

12. Believes his own infallibility (Marxism as a science) takes precedence over scientists free enquiry (Lysenko and banning genetics) and “revises” scientific conclusions to fit in to a fixed doctrine (the party/the church)

13. Wants to build paradise on earth by overthrowing all the “false gods” created by corrupt elites (world revolution against capitalism) and isn’t too bothered about using hell fire to get there (nuclear war).

You can come up with a lot more if you really sit and think about it. And if you want killer speeches, try being the first guy in the audience who stops clapping and getting sent to the gulag. They had to install a buzzer so people knew when it was appropriate to stop clapping and sit down. Otherwise they wouldn’t and couldn’t stop clapping. You can hear it at the end of the clip below.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Before we get carried away its worth pointing out that God’s kingdom could just as easily represent another 20th century dictatorship...

1. Believes a Jew (Trotsky) betrayed the chosen one (Lenin) to the evil empire (Nazis) and persecutes heretical brands of the true faith (trotskyists).

2. Claims to act on behalf of an all seeing entity (the state/NKVD) that knows and judges peoples thoughts and feelings to determine their loyalty (thought crime/counter-revolutionary activity).

3. Takes anyone even suspected of being an unbeliever to a dark place (Siberia) where they will suffer unending torment until they are “re-educated” back to the true faith (gulags)

4. Claims to represent the best hope of all mankind for salvation, a champion of the oppressed and exploited and claims leadership as part of the vanguard of humanity’s struggle against oppression.

5. Persecuted the jews for not being loyal to the true faith (“doctors plot” and anti-zionism)

6. Builds an elaborate personality cult based on the premise “thou shall worship no other god but me” whilst feigning humility and blaming his subordinates if anything goes wrong and then precedes to erase them from the face of creation to uphold belief in his own infallibility.

3c6.jpg

7. Wages a titanic struggle against evil (hitler/nazis) that he helped to create (german commies told not to be nasty to nazis) and has no issue with the number of people who are killed in pursuing victory (20-40 million people).

9. Forbids homosexuality and abortion and believes that state should be involved in whatever you get up to in the bedroom.

10. Only likes democracy when he wins to demonstrate how loyal and faithful the people are and how much they love him. (One-party state)

11. engages in witch hunts against the unbeliever and anyone suspected of disloyalty (the purges and show trials) whilst also setting down a series of commandments that directly contradict the policies he pursues by his own rule (the Stalin constitution of 1936)

12. Believes his own infallibility (Marxism as a science) takes precedence over scientists free enquiry (Lysenko and banning genetics) and “revises” scientific conclusions to fit in to a fixed doctrine (the party/the church)

13. Wants to build paradise on earth by overthrowing all the “false gods” created by corrupt elites (world revolution against capitalism) and isn’t too bothered about using hell fire to get there (nuclear war).

You can come up with a lot more if you really sit and think about it. And if you want killer speeches, try being the first guy in the audience who stops clapping and getting sent to the gulag. They had to install a buzzer so people knew when it was appropriate to stop clapping and sit down. Otherwise they wouldn’t and couldn’t stop clapping. You can hear it at the end of the clip below.

Not the way Stalin treated Christians. I was speaking of the Christian God.

Spiderman

Veteran Member

3c6.jpg

You make great points, but he still was a severe persecutor of Christianity.

The Christian God would not destroy all of those churches , kill so many priests,and houses of worship and kill so many Christians for their faith and traditions.

Perhaps other Deities are more what Stalin resembles.

The dictator I was thinking of was Jesus Christ or God the Father, and how fascism thoroughly enforced biblical and Catholic morality.

Stalin not so much lol

it was the prayer that Jesus taught which is about God's kingdom coming to Earth, so that is the government I was referring to.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Even God's world is not a democracy. Either you follow the commandments or burn eternally in hell.

Laika

Premium Member
You make great points, but he still was a severe persecutor of Christianity.

The Christian God would not destroy all of those churches , kill so many priests,and houses of worship and kill so many Christians for their faith and traditions.

Perhaps other Deities are more what Stalin resembles.

The dictator I was thinking of was Jesus Christ or God the Father, and how fascism thoroughly enforced biblical and Catholic morality.

Stalin not so much lol

it was the prayer that Jesus taught which is about God's kingdom coming to Earth, so that is the government I was referring to.

That’s true enough. Stalin was a materialist (and therefore an atheist in his eyes) and did persecute christians and other religious believers.

Fascism is actually a better fit for God’s Kingdom given it is an explicitly religious ideology whereas communism was anti-religious but often unintentionally ended up behaving like religious fanatics had done in the past.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
If god is God then God would create him/her self equals in friendship. Anything less would be constant parental supervision.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Mussolini was always getting into fights, even taking on a priest when he was a child, and as an adult was a street fighter , fencer , and sword dueler.

I'd like to see him in the UFC ring with Joseph Stalin
. I doubt Stalin would last long.

I know of no other politician who got into so many physical fights in his life.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Go to bed, Matt.
When the spirit of the Duce moves in my heart, sleep is not an option.

Were it not for the Duce or this version of Fascism I discovered, I'd have no zeal, would be blaspheming, would be lazy, unmotivated, and sleeping all the time.

There have been too many confirmations and coincidence and Grace for me to even attempt to convince myself that it is all a delusion.

Some of it likely is, but when I discover the best remedy for my ills, the thing that helps me the most, and personal relationship with my favorite politician and favorite historical figure after God and his mother, and I'm left with unprecedented willingness to sacrifice and suffer, left with unprecedented zeal and purpose, that is clearly the sign of calling and destiny.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
When the spirit of the Duce moves in my heart, sleep is not an option.

Were it not for the Duce or this version of Fascism I discovered, I'd have no zeal, would be blaspheming, would be lazy, unmotivated, and sleeping all the time.

There have been too many confirmations and coincidence and Grace for me to even attempt to convince myself that it is all a delusion.

Some of it likely is, but when I discover the best remedy for my ills, the thing that helps me the most, and personal relationship with my favorite politician and favorite historical figure after God and his mother, and I'm left with unprecedented willingness to sacrifice and suffer, left with unprecedented zeal and purpose, that is clearly the sign of calling and destiny.
I'm putting you on ignore because I care about you and it hurts me to see you like that. Get better soon.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I'm putting you on ignore because I care about you and it hurts me to see you like that. Get better soon.
I hate to hear that and it makes me sad, but in order for me to resemble Christ crucified and the upside down Caesar, I must be despised and lose my friends.

I lost my AA sponsor for being a fascist, and people think I'm nuts. But Fascism is so beautiful, I'm willing to lose everything for it.

I don't see fascism as it was, but rather what it could be. And it is truly euphoric, sensational, ingenious, and amusing to behold.

I wish you well!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

3c6.jpg

Two issues w/ this scenario....no human, whether leader or not, can read hearts.

There could be no false "claims".

Now if you mean Him deceiving us? He's our Creator, our loving Father. His requirements would match.
Tell me you wouldn't enjoy Isaiah 11:6-9 happening.

What government would that most resemble? It certainly would not be a democracy....

Certainly, democracy means that majority oppress the minority. God’s kingdom is kingdom of righteousness. Those who are part of it, are righteous and love others and don’t do any harm to others. I believe it is better than any earthly government.

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is

Ressurecting an act. So poor, even for you Pope..

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I appreciate such feedback. Enough of it gives me thicker skin. But the inner voice within tells me that I'm supposed to lose next to all friendships and be rejected scum in this life to have riches and glory in the next.

My higher power wants me to surrender to Il Duce, The Upside-Down , humiliated, spit upon, and urinated upon, sawdust Caesar, and his friend Jesus Christ, the naked, the scourged, the spit upon, the crowned with thorns, and the crucified King of the Jews.

I'm supposed to share in their humiliation and agony if I want their glory in the next life.

Ressurecting an act. So poor, even for you Pope..

Thief

Rogue Theologian

we entered this world naked
we enter the next even more so

they will be able to see the way you think and feel
even how you dream

and the kingdom is shared in that way

got nightmares?