• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Image?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
This thread is open to anyone who wishes to answer.

What is God's image?

My personal view is that God is everything, from the grain of sand on the beach, to the stars above, to the guy walking down the street.

pexels-james-wheeler-1522285.jpg
Photo by James Wheeler from Pexels

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I wouldn't call it god since I don't believe in deities (Jehovah, Zues, things of that nature). This is how I think of spirituality:

OIP (3).jpg

White is the body (The mode of expression)
Purple is the soul (The identity of expression)
Blue is the spirit (The momentum of expression)
Yellow is energy (The motor of expression)
Orange is aura (What others see when all of these things above lined up)

I guess the term god as one uses it in context would correlate to spirit, that and/or soul, or energy, depending.

OIP (4).jpg

Peace

OIP (5).jpg

Chaos

Definitely not a deity.

Last edited:

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I wouldn't call it god since I don't believe in deities (Jehovah, Zues, things of that nature). This is how I think of spirituality:

View attachment 46286
White is the body (The mode of expression)
Purple is the soul (The identity of expression)
Blue is the spirit (The momentum of expression)
Yellow is energy (The motor of expression)
Orange is aura (What others see when all of these things above lined up)

I guess the term god would correlate to spirit.

View attachment 46287
Peace

View attachment 46288
Chaos

Definitely not a deity.
Hm.. But god is spirit, peace, force, energy

Starlight

I guess it depends on the person. I never heard of spirit, peace, force, and/or energy giving dictation or anthropomorphized. Some people don't define it. My question, though, is how are these things a "higher power"?
I believe God is a spirit/force/energy who is concious. So a concious force. God is like the Wind or ocean with consciousness

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What is God's image?
In the English usage it is a phrase from Jewish scripture. You have to tailor the answer to the person if you're not using Judaism as your background, but people often have different opinions on what we think Judaism is, too. (Christianity...Islam etc.)

The idea of God's image contradicts the following:
"If I am a very wise, important and beneficial citizen then why shouldn't I define morality? I'm a good person, after all, and I can tell good from evil better than some scrub who is barely surviving. Most other people aren't as righteous as me, because I'm well educated, have money and good intentions. I am at the top of Maslowe's Hierarchy. Perhaps other people are subhuman and in need my moral guidance? Maybe I owe it to other people to take care of them like a father and to teach them how to be moral?"

The idea of God's image says "No. Each person has moral capacity. Each is in the image of God." To think otherwise leads to a chain of bad consequences. It supports classes. It supports genocide among other things. It harbors the thought "We are better bred or genetically enhanced, and this explains why we are morally superior. We, therefore, ought to be that race which survives when others die. We should be in charge of the other, morally inferior races." That is how many, many people in the past have thought of themselves and are still tempted to think to this day.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe God is a spirit/force/energy who is concious. So a concious force. God is like the Wind or ocean with consciousness

Conscious as in it has it has a brain or mind that is aware of things?

Some say god is the "one" that underlines all things.
Some say god is the "one" that is all things
Some say god is the "one" who created all things
Some say god is the the movement of the physical universe
Some say god is the spark of the physical universe
Some say god is the spark of life (one's soul)
Some say there are more than one god that represents or is energy of all things and events
Some say god is Words (the dictations or oral laws given to people)
Some say god is sound (the underlining note or individual tones of the universe)
Some say god is the aura we see in other people whether in colors or just a presence
Some say god is the one behind synchronicities while others synchronicities themselves
Some say god is only alive through tradition
Some say god is a title of different Greek deities

Some say god...

So, what is god's image?

Last edited:

Starlight

Conscious as in it has it has a brain or mind that is aware of things?

Some say god is the "one" that underlines all things.
Some say god is the "one" that is all things
Some say god is the "one" who created all things
Some say god is the the movement of the physical universe
Some say god is the spark of the physical universe
Some say god is the spark of life (one's soul)
Some say there are more than one god that represents or is energy of all things and events
Some say god is Words (the dictations or oral laws given to people)
Some say god is sound (the underlining note or individual tones of the universe)
Some say god is the aura we see in other people whether in colors or just a presence
Some say god is the one behind synchronicities while others synchronicities themselves
Some say god is only alive through tradition
Some say god is a title of different Greek deities

Some say god...

So, what is god's image?
God do not have a brain. God is consciousness. But yes God is aware of things.
Im not sure what God's image mean. But i think it mean to be aware of things

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know. I find the phrase to be very strange, and it is not something used in my tradition.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
I wouldn't call it god since I don't believe in deities (Jehovah, Zues, things of that nature).
It is common to personify the notion of a higher energy. If men and women are expressions of the higher absolute, then we are personifications of it. Excuse the dance of words.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
It is common to personify the notion of a higher energy. If men and women are expressions of the higher absolute, then we are personifications of it. Excuse the dance of words.

Couldn't we be expressions of energy (higher?) by just being ourselves rather than personifying it (not to devalue personification)?