• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods Greatest Desire?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I think that's quite a good post, Osgart.

Here is something from The Urantia Book that I think dove-tails with what you just said:

99:5.7 Just as certainly as men share their religious beliefs, they create a religious group of some sort which eventually creates common goals. Someday religionists will get together and actually effect co-operation on the basis of unity of ideals and purposes rather than attempting to do so on the basis of psychological opinions and theological beliefs. Goals rather than creeds should unify religionists. Since true religion is a matter of personal spiritual experience, it is inevitable that each individual religionist must have his own and personal interpretation of the realization of that spiritual experience. Let the term “faith” stand for the individual’s relation to God rather than for the creedal formulation of what some group of mortals have been able to agree upon as a common religious attitude. “Have you faith? Then have it to yourself.”

Yeah thats right, i dont need to fit into a mold with a laundry list of beliefs. Cookie cutter religion aint for me.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Yeah, thank you. I see, Jesusonian.

I was here for a little while back in early 2015.

Have you read the whole book?

Every 2200 plus pages. Forced myself to slog through the first 600 or so, lol. Very thought provoking.