• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Great Success

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
In Genesis G-d creates the heavens and the earth and every living being including us. We are to have dominion over the earth.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:26-28

Arguments about literalism and symbolism of G-d's word aside, we certainly have been fruitful and multiplied. We have dominion over the earth. We have come to dominate the earth and find ourselves in the midst of an ecological disaster that arguably has no parallel in human history.

So we've been faihful to G-d's plan whether we believe in Him or not. Now what? What do our sacred writings or worldview tell us to do at this point in history and why?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I would suggest addressing global climate change, the risk of thermonuclear war, over-population, ecosystem destruction, and a few other existential threats ASAP.

That's my suggestion, but knowing humans, I suspect we'll only address the even more pressing issue (to us) of whether or not women's fashions are ugly this year.

I honestly believe Hawking was right. We don't have long to live on this planet.

Humanity -- it was a promising show while it lasted.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I would suggest addressing global climate change, the risk of thermonuclear war, over-population, ecosystem destruction, and a few other existential threats ASAP.

That's my suggestion, but knowing humans, I suspect we'll only address the even more pressing issue (to us) of whether or not women's fashions are ugly this year.

I honestly believe Hawking was right. We don't have long to live on this planet.

I agree. We appear to have rapidly increasing threats to our existence. The environment is changing rapidly through global warming, rising sea levels, pollution, species extinction. We have the accumulation of weapons that have the potential to render large portions of the planet uninhabitable.

On the other hand humanity appears distracted and oblivious. The discourse about many important social and ecological issues is lost amidst the circus we call politics. The necessary international cooperation and commitment to address global issues is lacking.

What's interesting for me as a New Zealander is how many people from overseas desperately want to live here to get away from the larger population bases as if our country's remote location might offer a sanctuary.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
From a Baha'i perspective, I see our next goal is our unity and this needs to be firmly established. This is required if we are to build and ever advancing civilization.

Regards Tony

I doubt if we will have too much disagreement Tony in recognising the urgent need for peoples from all walks of life across the globe to work closely together for the betterment of all.

If you or I were to take the pulse of humanity at this current time and assess its health, what would we find?

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I doubt if we will have too much disagreement Tony in recognising the urgent need for peoples from all walks of life across the globe to work closely together for the betterment of all.

If you or I were to take the pulse of humanity at this current time and assess its health, what would we find?

I would agree many want unity but do not know where to turn.

Personally I see humanity languishing on its bed of sickness, sore-tried and disillusioned.

Nothing but the wholesome medicine given by a great physician, will now suffice.

Regards Tony

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As one who was born in 1945 and now am 25 years young (new math), I now have hope that the "my way or the highway" approach that was so prevalent in decades and centuries past is much less, so now we're seeing much more emphasis on ecumenism than in the decades that I grew up (or tried to) in. Even more and more Evangelicals that were more politically persuaded that climate change is a "hoax" are changing their tune and realizing we've gotta do something to try and slow this global warming down or there will be much suffering in the future-- even the near future.

And we've got to get off the "me-ism" that has it that "others should sacrifice but not me", so there are a lot of things we can do just in our own home and our own communities.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As one who was born in 1945 and now am 25 years young (new math), I now have hope that the "my way or the highway" approach that was so prevalent in decades and centuries past is much less, so now we're seeing much more emphasis on ecumenism than in the decades that I grew up (or tried to) in. Even more and more Evangelicals that were more politically persuaded that climate change is a "hoax" are changing their tune and realizing we've gotta do something to try and slow this global warming down or there will be much suffering in the future-- even the near future.

And we've got to get off the "me-ism" that has it that "others should sacrifice but not me", so there are a lot of things we can do just in our own home and our own communities.
I'm another of those 1945 just-pre-boomer babies.

I think your point is a great one and implies something very interesting. Most of us are very much creatures of the present and don't notice slow trends that quietly change our lives.

There are many positive trends and you've noted the slow decline, with some back and forth, of separative thinking.

Other are out there albeit not in screaming headlines in the news. One I noted the other day is FGM rates in east Africa drop from 71% to 8% in 20 years, study shows I see God's handiwork in such developments.

I've been told that any positive change does not come easily. The status quo always fights back and forces the new to prove its worth. That is certainly obvious in major paradigm changes in science. But it's also true in other spheres as well.

I interpret the word "God" in different ways depending on the circumstances remembering the "Blind Men" story. In this case, God to me is a breeze encouraging positive developments. People who feel that breeze and welcome it are the hearts and hands that bring the breeze to life.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In that case, why Bahais want to make every one Bahai? Can't we not be peaceful without believing in what one person claimed without any proof?

The call is for unity in our diversity and a name is just a barrier if one restricts Faith to a name.

It is because every person that lives deserves a fair chance at life. If one person is suffering we should all want to ease that suffering.

So it is about living the life;

"Living the Life

When asked on one occasion: “What is a Bahá’í?” ‘Abdu’l-Bahá replied: “To be a Bahá’í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood.” On another occasion He defined a Bahá’í as “one endowed with all the perfections of man in activity.” In one of His London talks He said that a man may be a Bahá’í even if He has never heard the name of Bahá’u’lláh. He added:—
The man who lives the life according to the teachings of Bahá’u’lláh is already a Bahá’í. On the other hand, a man may call himself a Bahá’í for fifty years, and if he does not live the life he is not a Bahá’í. An ugly man may call himself handsome, but he deceives no one........not even himself."

So mo matter what we call our self, true faith is virtues in action.

Regards Tony

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
In Genesis G-d creates the heavens and the earth and every living being including us. We are to have dominion over the earth.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 1:26-28
Arguments about literalism and symbolism of G-d's word aside, we certainly have been fruitful and multiplied. We have dominion over the earth. We have come to dominate the earth and find ourselves in the midst of an ecological disaster that arguably has no parallel in human history.
So we've been faihful to G-d's plan whether we believe in Him or not. Now what? What do our sacred writings or worldview tell us to do at this point in history and why?

At this point in history, I find man has multiplied and filled (populated) the Earth, but has Not been a good care giver of Earth and its resources.
Since God's purpose is that Earth be populated (Not over populated) and Earth be a beautiful paradisical Eden, then where mankind has failed is to care for Earth, but man is bringing ruin to Earth.
So, mankind has been faithful to the multiply part, but Not faithful to have things in proper subjection on Earth.
This means the sacred writings tell us it is getting to be time for God to bring to ruin those ruining the Earth as brought out at Revelation 11:18B.
So, this means that God will have Jesus step in to rid the Earth of the wicked forever as per Psalms 92:7.
By the executional words from Jesus' mouth the wicked will be destroyed forever - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-16.
That opens up the way for people of goodwill to become part of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule when it begins over Earth, and then we will see the return of the Genesis 'Tree of Life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2. That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come! Come and bring heavenly benefits to Earth, that way Earth can and will become a beautiful paradisical garden as Eden originally was a sample for us to follow.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
What domain do we have, but to return to dust after a blink in time?
Regards Tony

Tony, I find according to Jesus' words our domain is that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
ALL the resurrections Jesus performed brought people back to life right here on Earth.
So, Jesus was showing us a preview, or a coming attraction of what he will be doing on a grand-global Scale.
The resurrection means that 'a blink in time ' now will become everlasting life on Earth.
Those people who prove to want to be righteous people can remain on Earth forever - Proverbs 2:21-22.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony, I find according to Jesus' words our domain is that humble meek people will inherit the Earth.
ALL the resurrections Jesus performed brought people back to life right here on Earth.
So, Jesus was showing us a preview, or a coming attraction of what he will be doing on a grand-global Scale.
The resurrection means that 'a blink in time ' now will become everlasting life on Earth.
Those people who prove to want to be righteous people can remain on Earth forever - Proverbs 2:21-22.

Thank you URAVIP2ME. The attraction you wait for, I see came in 1844.

My thoughts about Christs Kingdom is not of this world. I see to be born again is to be born into the Spirit which is Christ. A birth that death can not overtake.

We get use of this world for about 100 years and there is no treasures it can offer that will last, but the knowledge of what it is to be a spiritual being.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That opens up the way for people of goodwill to become part of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule when it begins over Earth, and then we will see the return of the Genesis 'Tree of Life ' on Earth for the healing of earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2. That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come! Come and bring heavenly benefits to Earth, that way Earth can and will become a beautiful paradisical garden as Eden originally was a sample for us to follow

I see 1844 was the start of what you offer and it unfolds as we speak.

Baha'u'llah has said it will be a full 1000 years before the next Manifestation gives a Message from God.

Regards Tony

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

I find if left entirely in man's hands Hawking would be right, but man did Not create this planet.
The Garden of Eden was a promising show while Eden lasted.
However, just because man lost that sample paradise does Not mean paradise is lost forever.
History has proven that man can Not successfully direct his step.
So, that is why according to Scripture that God will have Jesus step in - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16.
Earth is Not the problem, but greedy un-reformable mankind is.
Man can't figure out how to have mankind be care takers of Earth as is God's purpose for Earth.
That is why God will have Jesus, as Prince of Peace, and King of God's Kingdom of Daniel 2:44, usher in Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
So, what we 'don't have long for...' is wicked men continuing going from bad to worse.
The wicked will be destroyed forever because God will bring to ruin those ruining the Earth - Revelation 11:18 B.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thank you URAVIP2ME. The attraction you wait for, I see came in 1844.
My thoughts about Christ's Kingdom is not of this world. I see to be born again is to be born into the Spirit which is Christ. A birth that death can not overtake.
We get use of this world for about 100 years and there is no treasures it can offer that will last, but the knowledge of what it is to be a spiritual being.
Regards Tony

I did Not see where Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 happened in 1844.
Scripture agrees with you that Christ's kingdom (of Daniel 2:44) is Not of this world (of badness).
Not of his world because the kingdom is located in heaven where Jesus is located.
Death does Not overtake (Isaiah 25:8) because Jesus can and will resurrect the dead - Revelation 1:18.
Spiritual beings, aka spiritual people, like the ones of Matthew 25:37 are humble meek people who will inherit the Earth.
Inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matthew 5:5. - Psalms 37:9-11.
Inherit an Earth as described at Revelation 22:2, when under Christ's rule there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations.