• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Great Fix Gone Awry

Skwim

Veteran Member

GODS GREAT FIX GONE AWRY.png

So what happened? Why did the whole flood and ark solution fizzle?

Skwim

Veteran Member
God realised he went a little too,

overboard.

But he apologized with a rainbow, saying he'd never **** that one up again, that's pretty good.
Yeah, that whole rainbow thing was quite an act; re-configuring the physics of a water drop so as to send a message.

flood light dispersion before and after.png

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
The solution was to kill all who are on earth (dry land). Are you saying that they still live?
But he didn't kill all who were on earth. He spared Noah; his wife; his children Shem, Ham and Japheth, and their wives. Eight in all, whom we are all supposedly descended from. :rolleyes:

But he didn't kill all who were on earth. He spared Noah; his wife; his children Shem, Ham and Japheth, and their wives. Eight in all, whom we are all supposedly descended from. :rolleyes:

Yeah, because they were not on dry land (= earth). They were on the ark.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Yeah, because they were not on dry land (= earth). They were on the ark.
You're right. My bad.

In any case,

I asked: So what happened? Why did the whole flood and ark solution fizzle?

You answered: The solution was to kill all who are on earth (dry land).

My reply: Yup,. and replace all those killed with the descendants of Noah and his family. But what happened? Evil is still with us as is the continued ruination of the earth. So, did god's great solution work? Not on your tintype, which brings me back to my original question: "Why?" Why did the whole flood and ark solution fizzle?

My reply: Yup,. and replace all those killed with the descendants of Noah and his family. But what happened? Evil is still with us as is the continued ruination of the earth. So, did god's great solution work? Not on your tintype, which brings me back to my original question: "Why?" Why did the whole flood and ark solution fizzle?

But, when the plan was to kill those who were on earth and it happened, the solution didn’t fizzle. I think it is ridiculous to make up own plan and then claim God’s solution fizzled, because your plan didn’t happen.

Skwim

Veteran Member
But, when the plan was to kill those who were on earth and it happened, the solution didn’t fizzle. I think it is ridiculous to make up own plan and then claim God’s solution fizzled, because your plan didn’t happen.

In short.

God's problem and solution

1. Problem: evil folk populated the earth
2. Solution: eradicate the evil folk and repopulate the earth with non-evil folk
3. Implementation: eradicated evil folk and began re-population
4. Result: the re-population consisted of evil folk
5. Conclusion: solution failed.
6. Question: as an omniscient being why didn't god foresee his failure?

David J

You sound worse than a defense attorney.

In short.

God's problem and solution

1. Problem: evil folk populated the earth
2. Solution: eradicate the evil folk and repopulate the earth with non-evil folk
3. Implementation: eradicated evil folk and began re-population
4. Result: the re-population consisted of evil folk
5. Conclusion: solution failed.
6. Question: as an omniscient being why didn't god foresee his failure?

That is your idea. Bible has this:

1. Everything on earth had become corrupted.
2. Corrupted must be destroyed.
3. Great flood to destroy the corrupted beings.
4. No one of the corrupted on earth survived.
5. Solution worked as it was meant to work.

Question, as an intelligent being, why you need to make up own stuff to make Bible God look wrong? If Bible God is wrong, you shouldn’t need lies to show it.

Skwim

Veteran Member
That is your idea. Bible has this:

1. Everything on earth had become corrupted.
2. Corrupted must be destroyed.
NOPE. It was corruption must be destroyed AND replaced with the non-corrupted. Do you think . . . "God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth."* was just an afterthought? That he wouldn't have known how the boat trip would turn out and that he would want Noah et al to repopulate the world? Of course he would. That was his plan.

Why tell Noah and his sons to Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth if he thought the world would end up with the same kind of people he just got done destroying? He wouldn't, unless be was bat **** stupid. So god's plan to repopulate the world with better people than he just killed simply failed.

Sorry you blew it god. Just one of those off days I guess. :shrug:

*Gen. 9:1

..., and replenish the earth if he thought the world would end up with the same kind of people he just got done destroying?...

Sorry, I have no reason to think all people after Noah have been as bad as those who were destroyed in the flood.