• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's gonna cut you down

whirlingmerc

Possibly my favorite Johnny Cash song besides his version of "Hurt":

Interesting... but God does often break you before he makes you...

Take Adam and 'the woman', they were told they would die if they took the fruit from a particular tree and they stood in front of God hearing the judgement and perhaps realized they would not immediately The woman was told there would be pain in childbirth (well that means she's here for a while?) (and that probably means so will Adam) ... and after... Adam named the woman 'Eve' for she would be mother of all the living... a bit of mercy in the judgement where they probably expected to die that day

In similar fashion God hid mercy in judgements and even Jesus describes himself as 'the scandelon" which was a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense. Stumbling to be broken and made whole and better for some , falling to be hopelessly broken and down for the count for others..

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Threats of mythology never attracted me to johnny cash. Perhaps he lost a lot of potential fans that way

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What an inspiring song title.
It reminds me of a better tune....