• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Fruit

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
QUOTE="URAVIP2ME, post: 5453837, member: 19507"]Besides Timothy and the rest, Jesus also refers to the written down old Hebrew Scriptures.
Jesus explains the OT for us. Jesus often prefaced his statements with the words, " it is written......" meaning already written down on the old Hebrew Scriptures (OT).
I find at John 4:23-24 that Jesus taught we should worship in spirit and truth.
So, as a pep rally is designed to create school spirit, or we think of a high-spirited horse as being lively, then God's active spirit carried Jesus in what he needed to know from the old Hebrew Scriptures (Luke 4:15-21) including Isaiah's writings.
I am afraid that not too many understand what "worship in spirit and truth" means. E.g. 10I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day (Rev.1) or 27And he came in the Spirit into the temple Luke 2 or 10But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance Acts 10.[/QUOTE]

I see ' vision ' in Acts 10:3; 10:17,19 and at Acts 11:5-10 so that trance of Acts 10:10 also connected to Acts 11:5.
I don't see the word ' trance ' in the Interlinear Greek/ English. apparently servant Paul does explain or expound what he saw according to Acts 11:4.

Jesus taught that Scripture is 'religious truth' at John 1:17 meaning what is recorded in Scripture is religious fact.
Worship in spirit would mean a lively spirit. One's worship would be a living worship, a life style, and Not stagnant or still like a rock. Ones' worship would be active, active as Jesus was active in teaching others what the Scriptures really teach and told us to do the same at Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:18-20 to tell others about God's kingdom coming to bring Peace on Earth through Christ Jesus.

socharlie

I am afraid that not too many understand what "worship in spirit and truth" means. E.g. 10I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day (Rev.1) or 27And he came in the Spirit into the temple Luke 2 or 10But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance Acts 10.

I see ' vision ' in Acts 10:3; 10:17,19 and at Acts 11:5-10 so that trance of Acts 10:10 also connected to Acts 11:5.
I don't see the word ' trance ' in the Interlinear Greek/ English. apparently servant Paul does explain or expound what he saw according to Acts 11:4.

Jesus taught that Scripture is 'religious truth' at John 1:17 meaning what is recorded in Scripture is religious fact.
Worship in spirit would mean a lively spirit. One's worship would be a living worship, a life style, and Not stagnant or still like a rock. Ones' worship would be active, active as Jesus was active in teaching others what the Scriptures really teach and told us to do the same at Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:18-20 to tell others about God's kingdom coming to bring Peace on Earth through Christ Jesus.[/QUOTE]
it means one must meet God in God's realm in reality (truth) . But solid food belongs to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil. Heb 5
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thine inner chamber, and having shut thy door, pray to thy Father who is in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret shall recompense thee.
9“Pray, then, in this way..
Mat 6

Acts 11 is the same MO. The same Jesus spoke with Satan after fasting

Orbit

I'm a planet
Isn't it enough to model your behavior on the behaviors discussed by Jesus in Sermon on the Mount? Wouldn't that be "works" enough? Or even just applying the Golden Rule? Aren't these things what Jesus' message was about? It seems to me conversations like this slide into veiled discussions about who is a "true Christian" which I think is unproductive.

Baroodi

(The example of those who were given the Tanakh and then they didn't take it (by abiding to it), is like the donkey carrying encyclopedic books) Noble Quran; 62:5

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Isn't it enough to model your behavior on the behaviors discussed by Jesus in Sermon on the Mount? Wouldn't that be "works" enough? Or even just applying the Golden Rule? Aren't these things what Jesus' message was about? It seems to me conversations like this slide into veiled discussions about who is a "true Christian" which I think is unproductive.

Besides Jesus' Sermon on the Mount, I find Jesus added doing the 'spiritual ' works of Matthew 24:14; 28:18-20 to also tell others about the good news of God's kingdom of Daniel 2:44 being the government that will solve mankind's problems on an international scale.

Also, Jesus advanced the Golden Rule by giving a NEW commandment "trueChristian " command at John 13:34-35 to now have the same self-sacrificing love for others as he has, so instead of love neighbor as one's self, NOW to love neighbor 'more' than self. However, if everyone on Earth lived by the Golden Rule we wouldn't have the wars that we see today.