• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Favor Is More Important Than The Favor Of The World:

iris89

GOD'S FAVOR IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FAVOR OF THE WORLD:

Jesus (Yeshua) Christ said at Luke 9:23, "And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." (Revised Standard Version; RSV). Now being hung on a tree or torture stake represented suffering, shame, and death in the First Century. This was done to Christ as testified to at Acts 10:39-40, "And we are witnesses to all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree; 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him manifest;" (RSV), but as shown, God (YHWH) raised him from the dead.

This type of death, on a torture stake was normally reserved for the worst of criminals. So by his expression at Luke 9:23, previously quoted, Jesus (Yeshua) showed that his footstep followers, true Christians, must be prepared to accept persecution, contempt, etc. from the infidels, since they are no part of this wicked world per John 15:18-20, ""If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also." (RSV).

The stand of true Christians must set them apart from the world; therefore the world will speak abusively of them per 1 Peter 4:4, "They are surprised that you do not now join them in the same wild profligacy, and they abuse you;" (RSV); but they will give account for this per 1 Peter 4:5, "but they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." (RSV).

This can take place at work, at school, on the internet, etc. It can happen even in the family. Nevertheless, true Christians are willing to endure the world's contempt because they no longer live for themselves. As Christ said at Matthew 5:11-12, ""Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you." (RSV). In reality, having God's favor is what matters.

In fact these ungodly ones will not only make false accusations and tell lies about you; they will try to side track true Christians from the central issues given at Matthew 22:37-40, "And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. 40 On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets."" (RSV), i.e., God's (YHWH) way is love and the loving exposing of false doctrine. Whereas the worldly wicked ones try and side tract all doing righteousness with 'red herrings' such as attempt to bog one down on BBs with secondary issues of no real importance to salvation such as speculation on when Jesus (Yeshua) threw Satan out of heaven. Is this really important to Salvation? No, what is important is trying to live a good life in an ungodly world without getting involved with it, and showing love to our neighbor by letting him/her know the facts about God's (YHWH's) love and warning them of wrong practices and false doctrine.

Your Friend in Christ Iris89