• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Chosen?

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
jewscout said:
in Judaism one can look at the Noahidic Laws. It is a guideline for the other nations that they may live good and righteous lives in the way that HaShem had planned.
Why not that Abrahamic laws and monotheism?

while G-d may have appeared to Muhammed,
No, not yet .. God didn't appear to any human beings in this life according to Islam teaching whether to Mohammed or anyone else but it will be different in the hereafter.
the angel gabriel is the one who was recieving the message from God to deliver it to Mohammed verbally by gabriel himself.

God did speak to Moses but he couldn't see God even though Moses asked for it because a human being will definitely not be able to stand in front of the greatness of God appearnce.

even we can't see the sun by our own eyes and how that will be to see the creator of the sun and everything in the universe.

i do not believe that the Torah or the covenant between G-d and the Jewish people is in any way invalidated or wrong.

Deut. 13:1
All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
That means all what God command the Jewish must be done or otherwise things may happen.

What if someone or a group of people didn't observe what God command them?

It's impossible for things to change if people didn't change by themselves by a way or another but if they did change so God may curse them or punish them "I don't mean the Jewish here but in general".

respectfully, The Truth, on this we will have to simply disagree.
Dear respectable jewscout,

I have no problem to disagree with you too and the same time you don't have to agree to all what i say but we can discuss about it in case you are concerned.

Peace ... :)

Ulver

The Truth said:
Why not that Abrahamic laws and monotheism?

No, not yet .. God didn't appear to any human beings in this life according to Islam teaching whether to Mohammed or anyone else but it will be different in the hereafter.
the angel gabriel is the one who was recieving the message from God to deliver it to Mohammed verbally by gabriel himself.

God did speak to Moses but he couldn't see God even though Moses asked for it because a human being will definitely not be able to stand in front of the greatness of God appearnce.

even we can't see the sun by our own eyes and how that will be to see the creator of the sun and everything in the universe.

I do think that Muslims believe that Muhammad was in the matter of one night transported to Jerusalem, where he then ascended into Heaven. He traveled through different levels of Heaven, where angels tried to persuade him to stay, but he continued to go up (not that "up" may mean actually "up"). Finally Muhammad did come into contact with God.

Now this is what I remember from my studies, but I neither have a Qur'an on hand and nor do I know the right passage. So I'm not giving the best of a counter-point, but it's certainly something that a Muslim member of the forum could comment upon more accurately.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ulver said:
I do think that Muslims believe that Muhammad was in the matter of one night transported to Jerusalem, where he then ascended into Heaven. He traveled through different levels of Heaven, where angels tried to persuade him to stay, but he continued to go up (not that "up" may mean actually "up"). Finally Muhammad did come into contact with God.

Now this is what I remember from my studies, but I neither have a Qur'an on hand and nor do I know the right passage. So I'm not giving the best of a counter-point, but it's certainly something that a Muslim member of the forum could comment upon more accurately.
[1] Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless, in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things). (Quran 17:1)

Then from there "Jerusalem" he ascended into Heaven and there are many Hadiths from the saying of Prophet Mohammed about it.

Most of schoalrs says that Prophet Mohammed "peace be upon him" saw God twice:

- the first one when ascended into heaven and when they asked him when he came back to the people he said" I'm seeing a light" because no human being can see Allah by his own eyes and remain alive so the scholars said that prophet saw Allah by his heart but not by his eyes.

- the second one was while he is sleeping in his dream.

one of these can be right or both of them but the most important thing that Mohammed didn't see God by his own eyes but he talked with him and heard the voice of God.

chinu

chinu
Many people seem to believe that America is a special nation to God, and that Americans are in some sense God's chosen people. Furthermore, they believe this accounts for America's importance in the world. What are your views of this notion? Does it have any merit? Or is it poppycock? What do you think?
All are is equally special for God in this world. Nothing is chosen or un-chosen in this world.
Both good and bad circumstances can happen anywhere in this world.
One can be happy and unhappy anywhere in this world, All it depends on deeds/karmas.

A Vestigial Mote

Many people seem to believe that America is a special nation to God, and that Americans are in some sense God's chosen people. Furthermore, they believe this accounts for America's importance in the world. What are your views of this notion? Does it have any merit? Or is it poppycock? What do you think?

The record is broken and is stuck repeating the same lyric over and over. There are so many things that have been attributed to God having contributed to the boon or bane of [insert category of people here] due to their collective good/evil works that it points to something being broken. Sadly I fear it is probably the minds of the people doing the attributing.

A Vestigial Mote

A bit like responding to a ten year old thread. :)
Ha... didn't even notice honestly. I had just responded to another of Sunstone's threads (one that was started today), and assumed this one had been also - seeing as how it was listed among the threads with recent activity. To be clear - it wasn't me who put it there.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Ha... didn't even notice honestly. I had just responded to another of Sunstone's threads (one that was started today), and assumed this one had been also - seeing as how it was listed among the threads with recent activity. To be clear - it wasn't me who put it there.

@Sunstone certainly is ...
(How should I put this?)
... prolific to a fault - but no less beloved.​