• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God's Attitude Toward Homosexuality

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
These "anti-Semitic ideas" came from the Lord on numerous occasions throughout the history of ancient Isreal.

"And the Lord said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:" (Exodus 32:9)
God gets to say what he wants because God is perfect. People such as yourself and others, however, are not perfect. For you and others to call Jews stiff necked is the height of hypocricy. Don't your own Christian scriptures say to take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone else's?

And you said quite a bit more than stiff necked.

Shantanu

I will be praying for you. I think this will really, really help! I have a good feeling about this. The sacred texts support you.

Salvation lies in much counsel. Proverbs 11:14 Stone Tanakh
The best counselling is to avoid problems being brought upon oneself, so abandon all actions that one sees as dharma (duties and righteous actions): in doing so one is God and nirguna. Empty.

IndigoChild5559

The best counselling is to avoid problems being brought upon oneself, so abandon all actions that one sees as dharma (duties and righteous actions): in doing so one is God and nirguna. Empty.
Sometimes we need help along the way, and there is no shame in asking for it. I am a better person today because I have asked for counsel, and baruch Hashem that counsel was there for me. Indeed I have had many excellent counselors (I was a tough case LOL). Everyone needs help at some time in their life. The wise man asks for it. The fool does not. You are wise that you are seeking counsel.

Shantanu

Sometimes we need help along the way, and there is no shame in asking for it. I am a better person today because I have asked for counsel, and baruch Hashem that counsel was there for me. Indeed I have had many excellent counselors (I was a tough case LOL). Everyone needs help at some time in their life. The wise man asks for it. The fool does not. You are wise that you are seeking counsel.
I just live until I die without any objectives now, even survival is not an issue anymore.

IndigoChild5559

I just live until I die without any objectives now, even survival is not an issue anymore.
I am so sorry. I will pray for you that you will find a reason to live, love, and hope again. I am always open to you if you want to talk more personally -- PM me if you want. Good luck to you with the counseling.

Prestor John

God gets to say what he wants because God is perfect. People such as yourself and others, however, are not perfect.
You believe I called the ancient Israelites stiff-necked from my own observations?

I've never met an ancient Israelite, so that would be impossible.

I was not making any judgment about anyone. I was simply referencing what the Lord had said on numerous occasions about the children of Israel.
For you and others to call Jews stiff necked is the height of hypocricy..
First off, my comment was about the ancient Israelites, not the Jews.

Second, my comment was reference to what the Lord Himself had said.

If you take issue with it, then you take issue with Him, since it was His judgment and not mine.
Don't your own Christian scriptures say to take the log out of your own eye before you take the speck out of someone else's?
It's taking a "beam" out of your own eye and a "mote" out someone else's.

However, considering that I was not making any judgments about anyone, this reference is irrelevant to this discussion.
And you said quite a bit more than stiff necked.
I said that they were stiff-necked and slow to remember the Lord their God.

The scriptural account records this.

IndigoChild5559

You believe I called the ancient Israelites stiff-necked from my own observations?

I've never met an ancient Israelite, so that would be impossible.

I was not making any judgment about anyone. I was simply referencing what the Lord had said on numerous occasions about the children of Israel.

First off, my comment was about the ancient Israelites, not the Jews.

Second, my comment was reference to what the Lord Himself had said.

If you take issue with it, then you take issue with Him, since it was His judgment and not mine.

It's taking a "beam" out of your own eye and a "mote" out someone else's.

However, considering that I was not making any judgments about anyone, this reference is irrelevant to this discussion.

I said that they were stiff-necked and slow to remember the Lord their God.

The scriptural account records this.
You also said they were quick to do evil. That is clearly anti-Semitic.

1. What the scriptures show is a people who sometimes followed God's ways and other times did not, who had both good Kings and bad.

2. I fail to see how ancient Jews are any worse than any other People, including Christians down through the ages. One standard applied to all people shows that we are all human beings with an inclination to good and an inclination to evil.

Prestor John

You also said they were quick to do evil. That is clearly anti-Semitic.
The ancient Isrealites were quick to do evil. That is apparent from the Biblical record and requires no personal judgment on my part.
1. What the scriptures show is a people who sometimes followed God's ways and other times did not, who had both good Kings and bad.
The scriptures show that the ancient Isrealites were always disregarding God's Laws unless threatened with destruction and they had an abysmal number of righteous kings.

The Lord was right to try to dissuade them from having kings, because they would more than likely lead the people to evil, which they did in ancient Israel.
2. I fail to see how ancient Jews are any worse than any other People, including Christians down through the ages.
Again, I'm talking about ancient Israelites, not Jews.

I also never compared the ancient Israelites to any other group of people, so why do you assume I claimed they were better or worse than anyone else?

You are just looking for excuses to play your victim card.
One standard applied to all people shows that we are all human beings with an inclination to good and an inclination to evil.
Yes, which the scriptures clearly teach.

The scriptures also taught that the ancient Israelites were a stiff-necked people who were quick to do evil and slow to remember the Lord their God.

If you don't like it, take it up with God for allowing all that nasty history to be recorded in the Bible.

Shantanu

I am so sorry. I will pray for you that you will find a reason to live, love, and hope again. I am always open to you if you want to talk more personally -- PM me if you want. Good luck to you with the counseling.
I do not do PMs due to the fact that I like everything to be in the open. I will be receiving psychological counselling from March 2019 from the Mental Health authorities here in the United Kingdom and I am also on antipsychotic medication risperidone and antidepressant medication sertraline for my persistent delusional disorder.

If your faith of praying works I would very much like to benefit from it mentally and physically as I am undergoing treatment for both types of disorders currently.

Incidentally, who do you pray to, Moses or Yahweh?

IndigoChild5559

The ancient Isrealites were quick to do evil. That is apparent from the Biblical record and requires no personal judgment on my part.

The scriptures show that the ancient Isrealites were always disregarding God's Laws unless threatened with destruction and they had an abysmal number of righteous kings.

The Lord was right to try to dissuade them from having kings, because they would more than likely lead the people to evil, which they did in ancient Israel.

Again, I'm talking about ancient Israelites, not Jews.

I also never compared the ancient Israelites to any other group of people, so why do you assume I claimed they were better or worse than anyone else?

You are just looking for excuses to play your victim card.

Yes, which the scriptures clearly teach.

The scriptures also taught that the ancient Israelites were a stiff-necked people who were quick to do evil and slow to remember the Lord their God.

If you don't like it, take it up with God for allowing all that nasty history to be recorded in the Bible.
Your words speak for themselves. You are not truly interested in what the sacred texts say. You are dominated by hateful ideas.

IndigoChild5559

I do not do PMs due to the fact that I like everything to be in the open. I will be receiving psychological counselling from March 2019 from the Mental Health authorities here in the United Kingdom and I am also on antipsychotic medication risperidone and antidepressant medication sertraline for my persistent delusional disorder.

If your faith of praying works I would very much like to benefit from it mentally and physically as I am undergoing treatment for both types of disorders currently.

Incidentally, who do you pray to, Moses or Yahweh?
Those are good meds. I am so glad you are getting help.

No Jew prays to Moses, who, even though he was a prophet, was still just a man. We pray to the one true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and we do not use his sacred name lightly.

Shantanu

Those are good meds. I am so glad you are getting help.

No Jew prays to Moses, who, even though he was a prophet, was still just a man. We pray to the one true God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and we do not use his sacred name lightly.
I will forever be in indebted for the patience of the UK Mental Health authorities who have tolerated my persistent delusional disorder over the last 20 years.

They may molest me the wrong way, and disturb my peace of mind by causing confusion within me as to who I am.
Do you think there is a correct way for some one to molest you. Sorry maybe english isn't your first language. The way you wrote this does sound a bit strange.

I think this thread has gone way out of what the OP wanted. From what i see in the Christain/jewish/muslim faiths same sex action is considered bad. If you are any of those then you are not allowed to engage in those activities. Pretty simple. If you are not then game on.
For my part I don't mind if some one wants to deny themselves the joy of sex with some one they love due to faith. It is only when those who follow that faith want to deny that part of life for others that I speak up.
I've done enough research to know that allowing same sex couples the same rights as opposite sex couples does not destroy society, harm children, ruin marriage for others, nor bring more frequent natural disasters upon the nations that have allowed equal marriage. on top of that, in societies that are more accepting of the LGBT community we see better physical and mental health outcomes for this group which then costs society less. So far as we have seen this is all true.
For me as an atheist this evidence and my human empathy are enough to treat these people with as much respect (socially and legally) as I would any other person.
So then it comes back to "is your god real?" if not then why should I condemn them(LGBT community) for the love they naturally feel?
If you can't prove your authority figure is real then why should anyone condemn them?

Prestor John

I think this thread has gone way out of what the OP wanted. From what i see in the Christain/jewish/muslim faiths same sex action is considered bad. If you are any of those then you are not allowed to engage in those activities. Pretty simple. If you are not then game on.
For my part I don't mind if some one wants to deny themselves the joy of sex with some one they love due to faith. It is only when those who follow that faith want to deny that part of life for others that I speak up.
I've done enough research to know that allowing same sex couples the same rights as opposite sex couples does not destroy society, harm children, ruin marriage for others, nor bring more frequent natural disasters upon the nations that have allowed equal marriage. on top of that, in societies that are more accepting of the LGBT community we see better physical and mental health outcomes for this group which then costs society less. So far as we have seen this is all true.
For me as an atheist this evidence and my human empathy are enough to treat these people with as much respect (socially and legally) as I would any other person.
So then it comes back to "is your god real?" if not then why should I condemn them(LGBT community) for the love they naturally feel?
If you can't prove your authority figure is real then why should anyone condemn them?
I disagree and contend that the redefinition of marriage and the family has been a slow and subtle plan enacted by an evil Being that desires nothing but our destruction.

He planted a seed in the good soil of the Civil Rights movement that has overgrown the garden and strangled all benevolent endeavors.

It is a slippery slope that is hurting all the fatherless children, single mothers, broken homes and confused adolescents.

I disagree and contend that the redefinition of marriage and the family has been a slow and subtle plan enacted by an evil Being that desires nothing but our destruction.

He planted a seed in the good soil of the Civil Rights movement that has overgrown the garden and strangled all benevolent endeavors.

It is a slippery slope that is hurting all the fatherless children, single mothers, broken homes and confused adolescents.
You are free to disagree. However, if you have no proof of this "evil being" or that this slippery slope is directly caused by same sex marriage then it seems clear that your ideas on this subject or misdirected. You can encourage perfect families but you cannot force such families to exist. To be sure ....
fatherless children, single mothers, broken homes and confused adolescents.
have been a factor long before the LGBT community came out of the "closet".
In fact it is the demonizartion ("the evil being" )of these people that has caused much suffering. Would you try to beat the "gay" out of some one? Many "good christians" have tried. I wonder if God will give them a high five when they get to heaven for hurting these people?