• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Godless

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Humans are quick to war.
Religion is frequently a convencient excuse and worst case an actual motivator.

For example, I don't think ISIS would have virtually burned Syria and Iraq to the ground, if it wasn't for their religious islamist beliefs.

fundamentalism is an issue that is compounded by organized groups, yes but they don't have to be exclusively religious. they can also be political.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
i'm not bowing to any christian god, or hindu god, or zorastrian god. i'm bowing to the idea and ideal of love as a "conscious" motivation.

and i'm not asking you to kowtow to anything. no mention has ever been made toward atheism in this thread by myself but you have insisted it does.

That is not what you said in your op which specifically cites the bible and passages from the bible

I have never insisted it does,i have insisted it is aimed at half the human population.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
fundamentalism is an issue that is compounded by organized groups, yes but they don't have to be exclusively religious. they can also be political.

They can, but more often then not, they aren't.

Note also that poltics for the fundamentalists, is pretty much the same thing as the religious beliefs.
cfr "political islam", or the "politics" behind prohibiting abortion or same sex marriage.

Politics is, in the end, an extension and/or implementation of underlying philosophical and/or religious beliefs.

In my case, my political ideas will be heavily influenced by my ideas concerning humanism and alike.

In ISIS case, their politics is completely engulfed by islamist religious beliefs.
In certain conservatives in the US, their politics are influenced by radical christianity.

They don't argue agains abortion or same-sex marriage because of real-world argumentation and data... they are rather against it because of underlying religious beliefs.

And to come full circle on this, this is exactly why radical religious beliefs are so dangerous, especially when it concerns politicians..