• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Goddess Monotheism

Araceli Cianna

I'm a Christian but I recently came across Filianism/Deanism which I'm hoping to blend with my current beliefs. It's a monotheistic Goddess religion but can be practiced side-by-side God-centered monotheistic religions too (for example I am already a Goddess Christian and believe the Holy Spirit is feminine, making the jump to Deanism wasn't that hard for me)

A Maatian De'ani

Two previous posters mentioned Filianism as a currently practiced form of Goddess Monotheism. This is true. I just want to add a bit to this. To many of its independent practitioners it is normally referred to as De'anism i.e. as the religion of Dea. There are multiple forms of this religion but most of its believers are also Filiani, worshippers of the Daughter / Filia. However, the specific form Deanism which I practice, which is more on the model of Judaism, is not Daughter centered.

Note some persons believe that Deanism / Filianism is a female only religion or is matriarchal as it is popularly understood as the rule of women over men. The religion in fact does have males as members and many members believe in an equality between the sexes.
cleardot.gif

Glenn

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Two previous posters mentioned Filianism as a currently practiced form of Goddess Monotheism. This is true. I just want to add a bit to this. To many of its independent practitioners it is normally referred to as De'anism i.e. as the religion of Dea. There are multiple forms of this religion but most of its believers are also Filiani, worshippers of the Daughter / Filia. However, the specific form Deanism which I practice, which is more on the model of Judaism, is not Daughter centered.

Note some persons believe that Deanism / Filianism is a female only religion or is matriarchal as it is popularly understood as the rule of women over men. The religion in fact does have males as members and many members believe in an equality between the sexes.
cleardot.gif

Glenn

Very informative, thank you! Welcome to the forum! :)

Jedster

There is a Godess Temple where I am presently living.
I don't think it is montheistic, more like a local Godess.
Here's the link for more info http://www.goddesstemple.co.uk/

(BTW we have many badgers here and have been on badger watch a couple of times)

Ella S.

*temp banned*
Many Gnostic sects are dualistic monotheists that regard Barbelo, the divine mother, as God. These are collectively known sometimes as the Barbeliotae Gnostics.