• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Simon Gnosis

roli said:
Could it be possible from our limited knowledge and foresight that we are in a continual state of ignorance and fail to accurately assess the full story of what awaits us.What appears painful and unfair in our eyes could be what we really needed to spare us from something far more severe
We do it daily,we speak of someone or something in haste, looking from the outside in with our limited knowledge thinking someone is acting extremely harsh and appearing insensitive and uncaring,but when we realise they saw something we did'nt and it was for the overall good, we bite our tongue and stand corrected.

This is what passes for an answer to the biblical account of God's barbarity.

I have heard it before and it never ceases to sicken me.

I dont care about heaven Roli, I care about NOW.

Simon Gnosis

lilithu said:
You can call Archbishop Tutu and many others (including all process theologians) "deluded" because they hold a view of God different than the one that you held. It's still the case that not everyone who believes in the God of the Torah believes that God is omnipotent. It may also surprise you to learn that not everyone believes in a literal interpretation of the bible either.

Yup...deluded fools.

I imagine you think the view that the world is flat is perfectly valid also?

LOL

adilrockstar

To me he seems more like a LOVING FATHER that is not slack in discipline. That is the problem with most people these days. The parents just don't teach the children the truth and let them run wild with no consequence. Spare the Rod Spoil the Child. The "Rod" being discipline.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
Devil's_Chaplain said:
“The God of the old testament has to be one of the most unpleasant characters in all fiction: jealous and proud of it, a petty, unjust, unforgiving control freak, a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser, a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocide, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” – Richard Dawkins

How true do you think this is? This isn't a discussion about Richard, it's about the quote and that's all. I put it in "debates" because it would be impossible to keep it as a discussion.

Enjoy :)

To me, and let it be known that I've only read up to the end of Exodus, that quote pretty much sums up what I think of God after reading it. I remember using the terms sadistic and bloodthirsty too.