• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOD - what's your take on Him

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
But HOW did He console & strengthen you?
In despair, I pray, feel the presence of God and my despair goes away... I get periods where I don't want to live any more, God's love gets me through...

What makes you believe it was anything but you who did these things?
Because it is not me... from my perspective this question is similar to me getting punched by somebody, and you asking why I believe it was something other than me who caused the pain...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend kadzbiz,
My god! what are you talking about?
Seriously speaking; there is no god specifically.
So which/what god are you talking about?
If its imaginery then the sky is the limit.
If if one says god is whatever we see and don't see then surely he is in evrything including us.
BUT, he is in us when we are not. Meaning when the individual or the * I * is not there then god *IS*.
Now, whats your take; taking what? & throwing what?
Love & rgds

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Really, how do you know, and why? A supposed god went for billions of years w/o any realtionship with homo sapiens, why does it need such a thing now?

Well we were spirits with Him long before the Earth was created. Also I'm sure there are many other planets in this universe that have life the God has created. Many of these planets were probably around earlier than earth.

crystalonyx

Well we were spirits with Him long before the Earth was created. Also I'm sure there are many other planets in this universe that have life the God has created. Many of these planets were probably around earlier than earth.

A strange religion you preach.

kadzbiz

In despair, I pray, feel the presence of God and my despair goes away......

I'm glad it works for you.

Because He loves us and wants a relationship with us...

Why can't the relationship be more of a physical one where He actually is before you to talk to Him?

Friend kadzbiz,
My god! what are you talking about?
Seriously speaking; there is no god specifically.
So which/what god are you talking about?
If its imaginery then the sky is the limit.
If if one says god is whatever we see and don't see then surely he is in evrything including us.
BUT, he is in us when we are not. Meaning when the individual or the * I * is not there then god *IS*.
Now, whats your take; taking what? & throwing what?
Love & rgds

The question is to those who obviously believe in a Christian like God, the God of the Bible if you will. It's really not that hard of a question. "Your take" means like "Your viewpoint", "Your opinion". I am not a believer zenzero.

Well we were spirits with Him long before the Earth was created. .....

From where do you get such ideas?

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Kadzbiz,
The word take is well understood and responded.
The last part where the word take has been taken in another sense was to understand your TAKe which you have responded by stating that you are a non-believer BUt your asking the question itself shows that you like to believe in it but still looking for scientific answeres like a logician maybe.
However as mentioned there is no-god as such whatever one may say as non can give proof of it.
Existence is. Thats the truth. We are part of existence through evolution; has been partly answered scientifically.
But the most important fact is that the answere cannot be ever got by any scientific proof as that requires the use of the mind and the answre is only found in a NO-MIND. and to reach no-mind state one has to reach there alone and only on reaching that state one has the understanding.
It all depends on YOU; whether you want to take that quantum jump from mind to no-mind.
All your questions will be revealed by itself.
Love & rgds

kadzbiz

Zenzero, as usual you are looking at things too deeply. You are trying to make things more complicated when they are simple. Whether I believe in a Christian God or not, I can still ask of others their opinions about such things.

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
God has provided me invaluable support, hope and solace in my fight against cancer. When I am feeling the worst, I have found is the best time to praise God... it is a great way to heal.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Zenzero, as usual you are looking at things too deeply. You are trying to make things more complicated when they are simple. Whether I believe in a Christian God or not, I can still ask of others their opinions about such things.
Everyone should question their own and others views. Open discussion is a great thing.

kadzbiz

God has provided me invaluable support, hope and solace in my fight against cancer. When I am feeling the worst, I have found is the best time to praise God... it is a great way to heal.

Don't change what you're doing, but can I suggest you also do this - don't focus on your cancer at all and tell yourself eacg day that you are healthy and you will live a good long life. Do not even mention the word cancer in any of your prayers or affirmations as that still focuses on the negative presence of cancer. I wish you well - I honestly do. :)

zenzero

Its only a Label
Kadzbiz,
Appreciate your response.
Understand your sharing of information/ideas.
No problem; only that like to make things as clear as possible with the little understanding that be.
As for the deepness; yes am in deep ****; can't help it.
Love & rgds

kadzbiz

It doesn't matter what faith you follow or why you follow it. What I want to know is what has GOD done for you to believe in Him?

I thought I'd address the OP myself. Although I don't believe in God of the biblical sense, I have a belief that there is a universal energy that interacts with out own internal energies. ie. our minds are very powerful and we are slowly gathering knowledge of how to put it to more and better use. Positive thinking certainly has benefits and from my own experience has enrichened my life greatly. I see miraculous things in nature that some ascribe to being the work of, and proof of, God, but to me they are just amazing natural developments. Christians rely on their faith to get themselves and others through difficult times, which in itself is not a bad thing, but there is always that fear factor that hangs over their heads if they sin and don't repent. I believe that I am a rational man, with a good heart and good intentions. I admit that I make mistakes and react inappropriately at times, but when I am in the wrong I make amends and acknowledge my error. If there is a God, I have doubts in the way in which He has been portrayed in the Bible, but I would like to think that if He were a true presence, He would fully understand me and welcome me, when I am dead, into His domain. The Bible, IMO, was embelished in such a way as to "control" people into a way of thinking and living one's life. I simply believe in one rule - do as you would be done by. I have no doubts that if everyone in the world lived by this rule, God would be happy with us all and welcome us into His heaven, even if religion faded away and become a simple legendary practice. Although I see nothing in the world that suggests to me that God actually exists, (and I cannot accept that any being would create a world and allow such death & destruction as I would not allow it in an aquarium, terrarium or avairy that I may create) I can't be sure that there isn't a God overseaing everything, but I doubt that there is any punishment or reward based on the way you lived your life. I would like to believe though that one's soul is reborn to "try again" at living a righteous life and perhaps moving onto another plain of existence when one has achieved that goal. That's my two cents worth anyway.

Rolling_Stone

I know what you mean, Nick. My surgery for Prostrate cancer took 10 1/2 hours and I will be tested for the next 14 years. Yet, I can't say it's changed my outlook any.