• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God wants to have sex with you"

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"God gave us marriage to represent His love for His people. (Ephesians 5:31-32). This verse is about the two becoming one flesh. Sex represents the level of intimacy and partnership He is after with us"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Sex with a human partner is probably the closest most people will ever come to a mystical experience, according to Jiddu Krishnamurti.

"God gave us marriage to represent His love for His people. (Ephesians 5:31-32). This verse is about the two becoming one flesh. Sex represents the level of intimacy and partnership He is after with us"
Or, before religion got involved, it was (and still is) a binding legal contract that joins people, a legal wedding requires a license, and a divorce must be performed in a court. Women did not always have rights, and in some cultures were actually considered a burden, which is why the dowry existed, as incentive for the husband to take the bride off of the father's hands. Churches, like governments (sometimes they're the same thing), want to have as much control as possible over their citizens/followers/etc, so why not control marriage as well? As far as "God" wanting to have sex with you, I believe it's a pretty fare assumption, based on almost every definition of a supreme being I've heard, that if the Deity wanted it, it would happen, period.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some terms used therein that I would not think to employ, but I have to agree with the overall format, it's what I've been doing since I was 18... or.... um... 43 years now.... *bursts into tears* (How I wish I knew back then what I know now, but in some ways, I did.)

43 years is a long time! I've been "at it" less than a decade really ... still it's better than my old self would have dared to imagine. :)

Thanks for sharing!