• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God wants different religions

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
God wants different religions to exist. God wants all human to live in peace with each other. God want us to learn to be kind to each other no matter what religion a person believes in. God has no spesific religion. God is behind different religions

Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God wants different religions to exist. God wants all human to live in peace with each other. God want us to learn to be kind to each other no matter what religion a person believes in. God has no spesific religion. God is behind different religions

People are different so just one teaching for all would not be possible. Every religious or spiritual teaching has levels of wisdom within them

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

Ergo, God wants/wanted conflict - given that this is what we have had since religions originated as to human beliefs and behaviour. Or one might conclude God is not all-knowing and just gambled as to many different religions not being a problem. :oops:

But perhaps religions just evolved naturally as part of the human realm without any involvement of God (which entity may or may not exist), and this could provide an equally plausible explanation. And being the right one for me. Sad that it is, we have been doomed to conflict because of such beliefs. And just another to add to the pile that we already have.

cataway

not likely

Audie

Veteran Member
Ergo, God wants/wanted conflict - given that this is what we have had since religions originated as to human beliefs and behaviour. Or one might conclude God is not all-knowing and just gambled as to many different religions not being a problem. :oops:

But perhaps religions just evolved naturally as part of the human realm without any involvement of God (which entity may or may not exist), and this could provide an equally plausible explanation. And being the right one for me. Sad that it is, we have been doomed to conflict because of such beliefs. And just another to add to the pile that we already have.

Pretty presumptuous to announce what God
wants.
As for all religions, a review of Aztec
religion should bring that into focus.
IOW I agree with you

F1fan

Veteran Member

Gods need to speak for themselves. There are too many humans using "God" as a megaphone to speak for themselves. It doesn't work any more.

The 9-11 hijackers represent God's will as much as the selfless who help the needy. Instead of using "god" for window-dressing for your moral viewpoint, just make your own moral argument. Explain why your moral view is better for the world and people.

syo

All religions are true.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Does he want non-believers too?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Basically, I agree with you.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Pretty presumptuous to announce what God wants.
Well this follows from the first statement - God wants different religions to exist. Unless God doesn't/didn't actually know the result - but the conflicts are what happened - so which is it? God wants different religions to exist and wants us to be fine with this, such that if we have issues then it is purely down to us? If so, then why send so many 'messengers' that some believe in and many don't? I don't see any sensible explanations for a variety of different faiths apart from the obvious one.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I don't get it.
Are you not aware that you are conflating YOUR beliefs of what God wants for what any actual God wants?

My point is that we never hear God's say what they want. We only hear what fallible mortals, like yourself, tell us what YOU think God wants, but you insist you are speaking for God. Even if you are citing holy books, the books are not a God. If you are going to be honest you should say "This is my interpretation of what God wants from these stores from this book".

Where is this God, and why doesn't it speak for itself? Why should we take your word for it any more than we take the claims of the 9-11 hijakers about what God wants? Why are many religious people claiming Gods different things? Confusing, yes?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree

I would offer this passage to consider from Baha'u'llah in reply;

"...Immerse yourselves in the ocean of My words, that ye may unravel its secrets, and discover all the pearls of wisdom that lie hid in its depths. Take heed that ye do not vacillate in your determination to embrace the truth of this Cause—a Cause through which the potentialities of the might of God have been revealed, and His sovereignty established. With faces beaming with joy, hasten ye unto Him. This is the changeless Faith of God, eternal in the past, eternal in the future. Let him that seeketh, attain it; and as to him that hath refused to seek it—verily, God is Self-Sufficient, above any need of His creatures."

That quote taken from this link.

Bahá'í Reference Library - Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, Pages 118-119

Personally I see God does not 'want', but God does guide us in what we should want for each other and not our own selves.

Regards Tony

syo

Are you not aware that you are conflating YOUR beliefs of what God wants for what any actual God wants?

My point is that we never hear God's say what they want. We only hear what fallible mortals, like yourself, tell us what YOU think God wants, but you insist you are speaking for God. Even if you are citing holy books, the books are not a God. If you are going to be honest you should say "This is my interpretation of what God wants from these stores from this book".

Where is this God, and why doesn't it speak for itself? Why should we take your word for it any more than we take the claims of the 9-11 hijakers about what God wants? Why are many religious people claiming Gods different things? Confusing, yes?
A ''religion'' is a part of certain knowledge of god. ''Religions'' are tested. Cults are the hijackers and not religions.

ecco

Veteran Member
God want us to learn to be kind to each other no matter what religion a person believes in.
Protestants kill Catholics and Sunnis kill Shiites and Christians kill Muslims. Is that why god gave different religions, so that people would have another reason to hate and kill each other?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Is that why god gave different religions, so that people would have another reason to hate and kill each other?

I think you underestimate people.

They'll find a way to hate and kill each other, even without religion. Politics seem to make a fine substitute as well.