• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God: Trinity or Unity?

Is God a Trinity or a Unity?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
What you described above is a very long attempt to describe something that may be simple but not based on your post. Too much to respond to that is not simple.

Inaccuracies abound. First the OT does describe a hierarchy of Gods, and yes sacrifice is the rule and at least one case of the sacrifice of a daughter.

Both the OT and the NT are loaded with anthropomorphic references of Polytheism that the belief in Tritheism or the Trinity evolved from.

Try again and make it simple without the huge volume piled on.

Your still describing anthropomorphic God or Gods from the perspective of an ancient culture as all the diverse conflicting religions in history all over the world for thousands of years
Pointless to say any more.

What I wrote was long - I agree. I found myself unable to stop once started as I was driven by the power from on high to outpour the truth.

It is very incomplete as there was so much to say - but if you are going to appeal to anthropomorphism as your defence for not understanding what was written then there is very little hope further from me. Perhaps someone else will help you.

Thanks for even responding, anyway.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Pointless to say any more.

What I wrote was long - I agree. I found myself unable to stop once started as I was driven by the power from on high to outpour the truth.

It is very incomplete as there was so much to say - but if you are going to appeal to anthropomorphism as your defence for not understanding what was written then there is very little hope further from me. Perhaps someone else will help you.

Thanks for even responding, anyway.

Outpour the truth? As previous posts you presented one of many diverse and conflicting claims of ;truth.' There is still the problem that some things you previously stated as truth is misinformation concerning the scriptures.

Still ,man 'out pour the truth' and present fallible human views in complete contradiction to what your state as 'truth.

The above still did not answer any questions relevant to this thread.

Last edited:

Soapy

Outpour the truth? As previous posts you presented one of many diverse and conflicting claims of ;truth.' There is still the problem that some things you previously stated as truth is misinformation concerning the scriptures.

Still ,man 'out pour the truth' and present fallible human views in complete contradiction to what your state as 'truth.

The above still did not answer any questions relevant to this thread.
I see you are lowering yourself to the standard trinity response: I didn’t answer the question you asked…
Yet you don’t point out what the question as thag I didn’t answer… ho hum!!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I see you are lowering yourself to the standard trinity response: I didn’t answer the question you asked…
Yet you don’t point out what the question as thag I didn’t answer… ho hum!!

Do you believe in the Trinity?

Your misinformation concerning your claim that polytheism and sacrifice is not supported by the evidence in text.

Your claim of 'pouring out the truth is problematic, because you have not responded to the problem that many diverse and conflicting beliefs claim to believe they knoe the truth, and everybody cannot be right. Problem here claiming many conflicting claims absolute beliefs in the truth based on ancient texts of different religions without provenance and known authorship.

All you did was respond with complex post of something you claimed is simple? and 'pouring out the truth.' That is a contradiction when your statements are in conflict to the actual text.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O earth. A deity body held in infinity laws. Mother of God. Our holy mother's laws. As a science statement once only...one.

Earth the deity. Third planet.

Number three in space away from spaces owned hell a sun.

Holy place of gods body earth.

Men living on earth say I'm holy I believe in all Infinite earth laws.

Change as little as possible as all small mass Bio bodies on earth owning little removal already die.

Why I say I'm a holy man and believe in a holy mutual equal life inside earths garden paradise the real paradise on earth. Do as little change as little change is already in law. I'm taught I learnt truth.

Not sciences fake evil terms paradise as life's garden genesis eviction. By burning the bush of life holy wood.

Is why I said I'm a baby son man adult then a father.

I said by reverence only the father's heavens from which I wasn't born..not my father is a many coloured gas spirit mass only. Coloured coat a mantle my protection spirit.

I said holy ghosts.

Yet as God ...I'm also three too as a holy man human with my god my life my planet.

I said my mother is three too as baby man lied. Life hers is holy three too. As I hurt her in space terms and in garden terms and in human life body terms.

I knew I lied.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
O earth. A deity body held in infinity laws. Mother of God. Our holy mother's laws. As a science statement once only...one.

Earth the deity. Third planet.

Number three in space away from spaces owned hell a sun.

Holy place of gods body earth.

Men living on earth say I'm holy I believe in all Infinite earth laws.

Change as little as possible as all small mass Bio bodies on earth owning little removal already die.

Why I say I'm a holy man and believe in a holy mutual equal life inside earths garden paradise the real paradise on earth. Do as little change as little change is already in law. I'm taught I learnt truth.

Not sciences fake evil terms paradise as life's garden genesis eviction. By burning the bush of life holy wood.

Is why I said I'm a baby son man adult then a father.

I said by reverence only the father's heavens from which I wasn't born..not my father is a many coloured gas spirit mass only. Coloured coat a mantle my protection spirit.

I said holy ghosts.

Yet as God ...I'm also three too as a holy man human with my god my life my planet.

I said my mother is three too as baby man lied. Life hers is holy three too. As I hurt her in space terms and in garden terms and in human life body terms.

I knew I lied.
Now mind.

Men talking about three said they lied.

I must know why as we are in life's danger now.

Soapy

Do you believe in the Trinity?

Your misinformation concerning your claim that polytheism and sacrifice is not supported by the evidence in text.

Your claim of 'pouring out the truth is problematic, because you have not responded to the problem that many diverse and conflicting beliefs claim to believe they knoe the truth, and everybody cannot be right. Problem here claiming many conflicting claims absolute beliefs in the truth based on ancient texts of different religions without provenance and known authorship.

All you did was respond with complex post of something you claimed is simple? and 'pouring out the truth.' That is a contradiction when your statements are in conflict to the actual text.
You aren’t a real poster, are you?

Soapy

I have been here likely longer than you.

Please respond coherently.
Length of time has no bearing on dissemination of truth.
————————————

What I mean is exactly that you are not coherent in your requests and responses.

For instance, you ask me if I am trinitarian. WHAT!!!?

Have you not been reading what I’ve been writing??

You say I did not answer to a question you asked. But you don’t say what that question is.

You talk about things I am not involved in debating with you as if I was…

These are examples of how BOTS operate (not saying you are - just saying!). Bots lack the understand of fully human conversations and give themselves away by that for those who understand these things.

And the final thing is that one of the ways of trying to get oneself out of a situation in a debate is to simply accuse the opposition of something the opposition didn’t say… or simply putting ‘Not’ to anything the opposition says.., Yes! It just frustrates the opposition without providing anything of true debate value.

I am here debating against trinity and all its fallacies. That’s my calling. So if you are having to ask me if I am trinitarian then it is for sure you have not much wisdom as regards those whom you debate against in this regard.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Rather than being 3 persons in 1 (God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit as defined at Nicea), only God the Father is God. Jesus is a human the the holy spirit is simply referring to the Father.
Trinity and in complete unity... like man (spirit, soul and body) 1 Thes 5:23

Soapy

Rather than being 3 persons in 1 (God the father, God the son, God the holy spirit as defined at Nicea), only God the Father is God. Jesus is a human the the holy spirit is simply referring to the Father.
‘Liked’ your post but need to show clarification:
  • ‘The Spirit of God’
Spirit of God refers to the ACTS of God. Just as the Spirit of any person is shown by their acts, their intentions, desires, pleasures, deeds.

‘God’ is spirit. He does not ACT in the physical world. It is His SPIRIT that acts. The spirit if a man ACTS through the flesh of his body - no one sees his spirit but his Spirit ACTS on the flesh of his body.

So also, God’s Spirit acts on and in the ‘flesh’ world and what is in the ‘flesh’ world. The Spirit of God is His Will in action in Heaven and in the flesh world. That is why those who led by the spirit, the Will, of God, can overcome the world and do great SPIRITUAL deeds in the world.

God put His Spirit on Jesus and Jesus was able to perform great deeds and overcome many adversities because of that anointing. The apostles at Pentecost were anointed also with the spirit of God and they too performed great deeds and were able to overcome many adversities. I’m not saying they couldn’t suffer physically - I’m saying they would be upheld in their own spirit in the face adversities by the Spirit of God in them! As Jesus says: ‘These things you see me do are because of the Father (the Spirit of the Father) working in me’.

My reason for saying these things to you is that, left as you said it, Trinitarians will leap onto your statement and claim you are upholding THEIR CLAIM that the spirit of God IS GOD… another Person AS GOD! It seems they cannot understand the simple fact of language wherein something that is ‘OF’ a thing is not THE THING it is of… any number of examples show this simple reality:
  • ‘The eye of the needle’
Is the eye of the needle, THE NEEDLE? No, the eye is a property of the needle!
But beware of the deceitful attempts at logic that Trinitarians often employ:
  • ‘God is Lord’
  • ‘Jesus is Lord’
  • Therefore ‘Jesus is God’
That ‘logic’ is false. ‘Lord’ is just a word meaning ‘Master’… there are MANY Lords / Masters in the world. Anyone in higher authority over you, and especially in high office such as a judge, a priest, the big boss of your workplace, etc., is your ‘Lord’ (though the language may not be used today but we are talking about biblical times and biblical language!)

Another is:
  • God is three parts but one just as an egg is three parts but one egg
Well, truth be known, an egg has more than three parts…. But simple as that is to find out, the attributations of the ‘three parts’ doesn’t work either:
  • Father - Shell
  • Son - Yolk
  • Spirit of God - Albumen (White)
  • (What about the Chalazae, the inner and outer membranes, and the Vitelline Membrane??)
The Shell is the container for the contents of the egg. Do Trinitarians say that the Father is the container for the Son and the Spirit? No! They say that the Father IS and the Son IS and the Spirit, likewise IS ‘the Egg’, the whole egg and nothing but the egg! (just a little egg yoke there!) but is the Shell THE EGG… is the yolk THE EGG.. is the Albumen THE EGG… no!

So why do Trinitarians, who claim they are exhibiting Holy Spirited truths, using such sad irreverent and untruthful analogies to attempt to substantiate their claims…? Is it not PAGAN beliefs that claim multiple Gods as their worshipped deities…? Trinity just adds the words: ‘Though they are three they are one God’… and somehow that deluded trinity followers into making up nonsensical claims when they realise they cannot substantiate a three person God wherein all three are equal but clearly NOT EQUAL; are OMNISCIENT, but clearly only ONE is omniscient; are EVERYWHERE but clearly Jesus is not everywhere (EXCEPT AFTER going up to Heaven!)…

Last edited:

Soapy

Trinity and in complete unity... like man (spirit, soul and body) 1 Thes 5:23
Man is a SOUL which is body and spirit.

Soul’ is the biblical version of the word, ‘Person’. Just as ‘Messiah’ and ‘Christ’ are the same but different by language, so ‘Soul’ and ‘Person’ are only different by language.

Kenny

Premium Member
Man is a SOUL which is body and spirit.

Soul’ is the biblical version of the word, ‘Person’. Just as ‘Messiah’ and ‘Christ’ are the same but different by language, so ‘Soul’ and ‘Person’ are only different by language.
1st Thes. 5:23 and Heb 4:12 says differently.

Soapy

1st Thes. 5:23 and Heb 4:12 says differently.
I’m saying that it’s just a different language word for ‘Person’:
  • ‘The Soul that sins…’
  • ‘The Person that sins…’
The ‘Body’ is just a ‘machine’ for the activation by the ‘Spirit’.

Together, Spirit activating Body, is a living Soul.

When God created the man, it was the BODY that was created out of the dust of the earth - a non-self-functional material complex structure. God created the Spirit of Adam but as yet had not blown that Spirit into the body of Adam. In effect, a ‘dead’ (non-living SOUL).
Then God blew the life breath (Spirit) of Adam into Adam’s prepared body… and now, with Spirit in body, Adam, the man, became a LIVING SOUL!

This extract is from a website (BibleProjects.Com). I include if only to show that others say the same as I just showed you:
  • “So even though nephesh is often translated as soul, the Hebrew word really refers to the whole human as a living, physical organism. In fact, this is why biblical people can often use this word to refer to themselves. And it gets translated “me” or “I.” Like in Psalm 119.”
(Disclaimer: I have no affiliations to Bibleprojects nor have I ever seen it before just now from Google!)

So: ‘May God bless my soul’ is ‘May God bless me!’

Cutting between Soul and the Spirit leaves only the body - which decays to dust. Cutting between the joints and the marrow leaves a lifeless limb!!

Please tell me what you think the word, ‘Soul’, means and give its meaning in context as I have shown you above.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
I’m saying that it’s just a different language word for ‘Person’:
  • ‘The Soul that sins…’
  • ‘The Person that sins…’
The ‘Body’ is just a ‘machine’ for the activation by the ‘Spirit’.

Together, Spirit activating Body, is a living Soul.

When God created the man, it was the BODY that was created out of the dust of the earth - a non-self-functional material complex structure. God created the Spirit of Adam but as yet had not blown that Spirit into the body of Adam. In effect, a ‘dead’ (non-living SOUL).
Then God blew the life breath (Spirit) of Adam into Adam’s prepared body… and now, with Spirit in body, Adam, the man, became a LIVING SOUL!

Please tell me what you think the word, ‘Soul’, means and give its meaning in context as I have shown you above.
The two scriptures say otherwise. The word separates the soul from the spirit (Heb) and we are spirit, soul and body (1 Thess)

Soapy

The two scriptures say otherwise. The word separates the soul from the spirit (Heb) and we are spirit, soul and body (1 Thess)
You don’t seem to be too sure what you are saying - you’re just repeating a verse without any real sense of what it means.

Anyway, I was editing the post as you posted (I’m using an iPhone and the site keeps refreshing making it difficult to add text as I research!)

Please see the additional stuff in that post.