1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God: Trinity or Unity?

Discussion in 'Monotheism' started by BenFranklinFan, Dec 11, 2018.

?

Is God a Trinity or a Unity?

Poll closed Jun 11, 2019.
  1. Unity

100.0%
  2. Trinity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. shunyadragon

shunyadragon shunyadragon
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,024
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith

Too much rambling to respond to.

2. Soapy

Soapy Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian
    Ah, I detect that you were touched!

The only response requested was that you ask about something in the book of Revelation!!

Well, that is the way of many who are brought to the truth but refuse to acknowledge it.

I asked non-threatening, simple, and potentially life-giving questions of you - I show you light in the darkness of your despair - I offer you a hand in helpfulness ... and you refuse to even interact!!

‘Too much rambling’?

You are really saying, “Oh dear, he’s right so I better shut him down!”

Csn I ask again that you ask for something you say is not understandable from the book of Revelation to be shown to you - potentially - if I can. Just try - there is nothing lost in doing so but maybe plenty to gain!

3. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,024
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    It is not a problem of understand as written. The problem is the interpretation, wjich is extremely problematic

4. Soapy

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian
    Ok, interpretation. That’s fine. So go ahead and ask a question and I will see if an interpretation can be madd that satisfies your mind - if not then we can discuss other possibilities ... remember that Revelation is tantamount to a summary of events which has already been prophesied in the old or new testament. However, it is shrouded in mystery awaiting an appropriate age in human time for its revelation by holy spirited individuals.

Remember also that many things are spiritual events and not human physical ones. We won’t ‘see’, for instance, a literal spiritual famine. The whore is a spiritual ‘Woman’, perhaps an adulteration of religious belief. The wounded beast to which man gives his power and authority to is a computer-like system (robotics, AI, Neural network, or something not even yet invented!).

5. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,024
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    No one interpretation is certain enough to have much meaning in today's world. As I said before the best interpretation of the Book of Revelation is that it refers to ancient world of Rome as Evil and Christianity as good. Beyond this I only consider it including the rest of the Bible as not much more relevant than any other ancient religion.

As far as claims of spiritual events these are subjective and anecdotal and you could not support this in any way other than what you believe.

6. Soapy

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian
    There is only one true interpretation. Truth is one - not many!

The Christian scriptures (and the book of Revelation is a Christian scripture revelation) storifies a spirit all-knowing all-powerful intelligence (a God) who created a limited physical world (universe) and exposed it to living creatures to exist in it and to occupy it and for one species to dominate and develop it.

In our present time it is evident that only one single ‘garden planet’ has the pleasure of this creative journey: planet Earth. And the species designed to dominate is humanity.

But within humanity there needs to be one overarching RULER. We can evidence the fact that currently the wide diversity of rulership ‘earth-wide’ creates huge problems. The Christian scriptures details that there should and will eventually be one single HOLY GOD-SPIRITED RULER from among humanity. This one ruler will be supported by a plethora of ‘kings and priests’, which sounds to me like a good system of governance.

BUT, the creative plan went awry when the first human person strayed from the plan and every generation onwards by-and-large erred similarly.
    The all-knowing spirit entity found it therefore necessary to reset his plan for his creation.

This ‘reset’ we read as the birth of Jesus. The first human was called Adam. Adam was obviously created supernaturally and was therefore completely holy snd sinless. Scriptures describes Jesus as the ‘Last Adam’. Jesus, like Adam, was created supernaturally and was therefore sinless and holy. What should be expected from a ‘reset’?

We read that this same Jesus will be that one holy and god-spirited ruler over all mankind - indeed, the whole universe.

Oh, and talking of ‘whole universe’. We can see already that humanity is reaching out to other planets to occupy them. We are finding the event difficult because we currently have extremely limited lifespan and limited travel facilities in relation to the vast distances between habitable planets.

But the scriptures tells us that in time god-fearing humans will become IMMORTAL and therefore TIME and DISTANCE and RESOURCES will be IRRELEVANT. And therefore we will have ETERNITY at our disposal to fulfil the plan set by the all-knowing intelligence in that the whole of creation will become ‘planet gardens’.

We can, of course, analogolies this by the example garden of Eden in which the all-knowing intelligence instructed the first man, Adam, to replicate this across the whole of planet Earth.

When all this is accomplish then (and during the journey) all things everywhere will acknowledge the all-powerfulness of the all-knowing intelligence.

And just in case you thing this is all religious nonsense. Ask the scientists.... Everything except the Spiritual aspect is confirmed by the scientific community. But, of course, it is completely selfish to assume that the intelligence and creativity of humanity came in and of itself ....without a HIGHER and ALL-KNOWING intelligence!

This, above, is what is demonstrated in part in Revelation.
    See above.

Can you demonstrate that ANY PART of what is said above is FALSE? Remember that we are discussing the Christian Scriptures.

Please, be as liberal as you like but SHOW that it is false (please don’t just say, “I don’t believe it”)

7. shunyadragon

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8,024
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Your neglecting the fallible nature of humans and the fact that there are many different conflicting interpretations where the believers claim their interpretation is the only true interpretation.

<snip>

8. rational experiences

rational experiences Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +191
    Religion:
    spiritualist
    When a human preached I am a teacher the teacher aspires to the highest informed intelligence.

Yet any teacher is first an equal human.

A teaching for a teaching.

Reason human inferred I know had life destroyed reasoning.

Human claiming higher intelligence proved they falsified human equality living on God earth.

Reason to teach the not learnt. To learn is by proven wrong.

As God by concept is all righteous.

So a human teaching so called the advised stated God first an earth planet reactive.

Without science being practiced.

So a human knowing that advice owns a plan to leave God earth the holy everything to a human. Not logical in reality.

Yet prove the concept God destructive first.

The basic human advice to an equal human before destructive God inferred inventions.

9. Soapy

Ratings:
    +42
    Religion:
    Christian
    So all day long and all night through all you are ever going to answer to any request is: ‘There are many interpretations’?

You aren’t even going to consider the one that is true and faithful?

It seems you are fearful of believing that there is a true interpretation.

A group of math professors get together to consider a theory submitted by a student. Each professor submit their opinions for consideration by the other professors. ... except one!

The exception says that it’s pointless looking at any opinion because they may all differ!

Wonderful!