• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God the father, and Jesus

Aqualung

Tasty
I was ust hoping for a little clarification on beliefs. I grew up partly in a Lutheran church and partly in a Baptist church, and I always prayed things "in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." Then when my family started going to the Quaker church everybody was praying "in your name. Amen." Also, somebody made a comment about Jesus and God the Father being the same. Can anybody clearify your beliefs on the relationship between god the Father and Jesus, or if you actually do beleive they are one and the same (or if I just misunderstood everything) and why you believe that. I've always been curious

Tigress

Working-Class W*nch.
There is no consensus amoung modern Quakers concerning the nature of God. Some Quakers are trinitarian, others are unitarian, and some are even agnostic, or atheist. The nature of Jesus of Nazareth is much the same--some believe that he is God, others believe that he was merely a prophet, and some simply believe that he was an enlightened, or insightful teacher, or rabbi.--I see God in a classical pantheistic nature.

Old thread, but good question(s).