• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God, the Bible and his Word" the Genesis Account, the Garden of Eden

101G

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed." Genesis 2:9 "And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:10 "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads." Genesis 2:11 "The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;" Genesis 2:12 "And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone." Genesis 2:13 "And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia." Genesis 2:14 "And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates." Genesis 2:15 "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it." Genesis 2:16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:" Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Question #1. What type or kind of trees was in the Garden that was PLANTED, and OUT of the GROUND to grow, and pleasant to the sight, and good for food? was they Natural Trees, or some kind of "LIVING" Creature, (as man was taken out of the ground), or an entity. meaning, something that exists as itself, as a subject or as an object, actually or potentially, concretely or abstractly, physically or not. so what was the trees out of the ground.

the term “eastward” in Hebrew means, H6924 קֶדֶם qedem (keh'-dem) adv.
קֵדמָה qedmah (kayd'-maw)
1. the front.
2. (of place, absolutely) the fore part.
3. (relatively) the East.
4. (of time) antiquity.
{often used adverbially (before, anciently, eastward).}
[from H6923]
KJV: aforetime, ancient (time), before, east (end, part, side, -ward), eternal, X ever(-lasting), forward, old, past.
Root(s): H6923

and the term Eden itself means, H5731 עֵדֶן `Eden (ay'-den) n/p.
Eden, the region of Adam's home.
[the same as H5730 (masculine)]
KJV: Eden.
Root(s): H5730

and the ROOT of this word which is the same is, H5730 עֵדֶן `eden (ay'-den) n-e.
עֶדנָה `ednah (ed-naw') [feminine]
pleasure.
[from H5727]
KJV: delicate, delight, pleasure.
Root(s): H5727

now this word “pleasure” signify, or is another word for, when use as a Noun, An ideal place that does not exist in reality, Example, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land,

this word “pleasure” also means, Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life hmmmmmmm......

question #2. Why was these Trees pleasant to the sight, and good for food.
the Hebrew term for "Plesant" is,
H2530 חָמַד chamad (chaw-mad') n-f.
to delight in.
[a primitive root]
KJV: beauty, greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, (X great) delight, desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).

so, to "delight in", was this a spiritual action, as in Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" or as in, Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful." Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Psalms 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

so the term "Planted LIKE a TREE" of a Man, in analogy to as God planted a garden of .... Trees.
just as in the Palms, as in the Genesis account, the planting was by many .... Waters. meaning more than one. waters, or rivers in the garden account.

question #3. why was man to "dress it and to keep it.".
Dress here is the Hebrew term,
H5647 עָבַד `abad (aw-ɓad') v.
1. to work (in any sense).
2. (by implication) to serve, till.
3. (causatively) to enslave, etc.
[a primitive root]
KJV: X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.

was that physical bondage, or spiritual, as in Romans 1:1 "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,"
SERVANT: G1401 δοῦλος doulos (d̮ou'-los) n.
1. (involuntarily) a slave.
2. (of necessity) a bond-servant.
3. (figuratively) a voluntary, fully devoted servant.
{literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency}
[from G1210]
KJV: bond(-man), servant
Root(s): G1210

and Adam, the Man was to "Keep" it. this is the Hebrew term,
H8104 שָׁמַר shamar (shaw-mar') v.
1. (properly) to hedge about (as with thorns), i.e. guard.
2. (generally) to protect
, attend to, etc.
[a primitive root]
KJV: beward, be circumspect, take heed (to self), keep(-er, self), mark, look narrowly, observe, preserve, regard, reserve, save (self), sure, (that lay) wait (for), watch(-man).

so, what was Adam/man was to put a hedge around, and guard?

and the last Question, "Why the prohibition on Adam not to EAT of the tree of Good and Evil?" was not all things made, was good?

looking forward to a good discussion

101G.

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
Question #1. What type or kind of trees was in the Garden that was PLANTED, and OUT of the GROUND to grow, and pleasant to the sight, and good for food? was they Natural Trees, or some kind of "LIVING" Creature, (as man was taken out of the ground), or an entity. meaning, something that exists as itself, as a subject or as an object, actually or potentially, concretely or abstractly, physically or not. so what was the trees out of the ground.

in the bible, "trees" are usually referred to "men". question, are not angel "men" also? but celestial men/spirits. what 101G is getting at is this. the term Eden itself means, H5731 עֵדֶן `Eden (ay'-den) n/p.

and the ROOT of this word which is the same, H5730 עֵדֶן `eden (ay'-den) n-e.
pleasure.
[from H5727]

Adam home, (the garden of Eden) is consider by the definition above as pleasure. this word “pleasure” signify, or is another word for, when use as a Noun, An ideal place that does not exist in reality, Example, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land,
this word “pleasure” also means, Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life

can we conclude that the garden of Eden is a type of heaven on earth. and if it is, then the trees are not natural physical trees. as said if angels are referred to as "MEN" also,....... just celestial "men", or spirits, question, was they the celestial beings that was taken out of the Garden Ground? and if so, are they not ministering angels to us? supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:13 "But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?" Hebrews 1:14 "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

was not the serpent formed out of the "ground?" Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

now the term "BEAST" here is interesting, it is the Hebrew term,
H2416 חַי chay (chah'-ee) adj.
1. alive.
2. (hence) raw (flesh).
3. fresh (plant, water, year), strong.
4. (as noun, especially in the feminine singular and masculine plural) life (or living thing), whether literally or figuratively.
[from H2421]
KJV: + age, alive, appetite, (wild) beast, company, congregation, life(-time), live(-ly), living (creature, thing), maintenance, + merry, multitude, + (be) old, quick, raw, running, springing, troop.
Root(s): H2421

definition #3 is very interesting. if this is a "BEAST" we're speaking of, why mention plant, water, and year? as "fresh".

so a suggestion, ONLY a SUGGESTION, are these TREES ministering spirits/angels.

101G

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe they were natural trees. I am guessing the tree of knowledge was a fig tree since that kind of tree grows in that area. However apple trees came from that area as well.

101G

I believe they were natural trees. I am guessing the tree of knowledge was a fig tree since that kind of tree grows in that area. However apple trees came from that area as well.
first thanks for the reply, but a question, "why call a fig tree the tree of knowledge?" have any reasons why or any probabilities as to why call a fig tree a knowledge tree?

101G

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
@101G,

If Eden is on earth does that help in defining trees?

And a mist went up from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.​
So, the ground in Gen 2, is the surface of the earth, yes?

101G

@101G,

If Eden is on earth does that help in defining trees?

And a mist went up from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.​
So, the ground in Gen 2, is the surface of the earth, yes?
Thanks for the reply, but Adam was never taken out of the Ground of Eden, nor Eve. but God planted these trees in eden, and put the man he formed in the Garden of Eden. so Eden seems to be separated from the EARTH Ground .

also plants and trees with grasses was already introduced on DAY 3 after man was Formed from the dust of the Ground. supportive scripture. Genesis 2:4 "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens," Genesis 2:5 "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground." Genesis 2:6 "But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground." Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

NOTICE, "before" any herbs, grass or any trees, there was no rain, nor a man to till the soil. but remember theses thing was IN, IN, IN the Ground, just had not grown, because they was seed. scripture, chapter 1, Genesis 1:10 "And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so." Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good." Genesis 1:13 "And the evening and the morning were the third day."

understand these herbs, grasses, and trees, OUTSIDE of the Garden .... "GREW" out of the EARTH. but the TREES in the Garden was PLANTED THERE ..... big difference.

lastly, the dry land in chapter 1 has two meaning one is a specific location,
H127 אֲדָמָה 'adamah (ad-aw-maw') n-f.
soil (from its general redness).
[from H119]
KJV: country, earth, ground, husband(-man) (-ry), land.
Root(s): H119

Now this one,
H776 אֶרֶץ 'erets (eh'-rets) n-f.
1. The Land (at large), the domain so named by Yahweh.
2. (by partition) a land.
3. (also, in English) the Earth (as in reference to all the soil that covers The Land's surface).
[from an unused root probably meaning to be firm]
KJV: X common, country, earth, field, ground, land, X natins, way, + wilderness, world.

what's the difference? example. 1f 101G say the land/Ground of the United States, I'm speaking of all the Land/Ground of the United States. the term I'm using is H127 אֲדָמָה 'adamah (ad-aw-maw') in General all the Land of the United States. now this,

if 101G say the Land of Lincoln, I'm specific, as definition #2, of H776 אֶרֶץ 'erets (eh'-rets) states. by partition. and partition simply means separation. so the Garden was a H776 אֶרֶץ 'erets (eh'-rets) ... Land/Ground.

now, 101G could be in ERROR, but this is what the Word of God/DATA so far tells me. unless different, or a revelation from God, this is what I'm going with for now.

101G.

101G

GINOLJC, to all.
to delight in.
[a primitive root]
KJV: beauty, greatly beloved, covet, delectable thing, (X great) delight, desire, goodly, lust, (be) pleasant (thing), precious (thing).

so, to "delight in", was this a spiritual action, as in Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" or as in, Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful." Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night." Psalms 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."

so the term "Planted LIKE a TREE" of a Man, in analogy to as God planted a garden of .... Trees.
just as in the Palms, as in the Genesis account, the planting was by many .... Waters. meaning more than one. waters, or rivers in the garden account.
@dybmh
follow this closely. the Hebrew term H2530 חָמַד chamad (chaw-mad') n-f. above means to "delight" in... correct, and in n Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" and in Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men."

remember Adam Home was Eden itself means, H5731 עֵדֶן `Eden (ay'-den) n/p. as proverb 8:31 states, ""Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth. Eden, the region of Adam's home.

and the ROOT of this word which is the same is, H5730 עֵדֶן `eden (ay'-den) n-e.
pleasure.
[from H5727]

as said, this word “pleasure” signify, or is another word for, when use as a Noun, An ideal place that does not exist in reality, Example, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land. this word “pleasure” also means, Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life.

Now, here is the revelation. is this not speaking of "WISDOM". God himself, and what he has done? let's see it. Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:2 "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

the "Lighgt" here in verse three is not the same light in CREATION DAY 4. listen to the definition.
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
Root(s): H215

Notice definition #2. two things of interest, but a third also. 1. (concretely), ,,,,,, 2. happiness. the definition states (concretely), meaning visible to the NATURAL EYE. so apparently this "Light" is visible to to the Naked eye. but here's the kicker, how can the Naked eye see " happiness" which is another word for "DELIGHT" as stated in proverb 8. notice Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." BINGO, there it is "with the sons of men."

now the third revelation of the Definition. "luminary" when used as a NOUN, and it is, a person who inspires or influences others, especially one prominent in a particular sphere.

there it is "luminary" 101G found this definition on a bing search, luminary def - Bing
I'm sure one can do the same on a google search also.

notice what definition #2 is saying, 2. (concretely) luminary. meaning one can see, naturally.

what is 101G saying? that WISDOM/God was personified (concretely) with the Sons of MEN/ hold it .... not with the Sons of God, but with the Sons of men. WISDOM/the Word of God was with men on EARTH in a habitable part of his earth "WITH" men. question, where? answer in the Garden of Eden, which is called, ..... as a noun, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land. or Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life.

and this is what pleasure, Eden, or DELIGHT means. God was in the EARTH RELM with man in his creation "REJOICING.", as Proverbs 8:31 states.

now.... NOW, now, the million dollar and 42 cent question, "WHY on earth was the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL was a TREE to be "DESIRESED." to make one "WISE" when they had, "WISDOM"/God, already with them?

I have a suggestion, but I'll wait to hear your analysis of the scriptures and the statement 101G has made.
101G highly suggest you re-read this post for edification, and clarity purposes.

101G.

101G

@dybmh,
my Friend, here is a connection of the Christ, Shiloh, the Lord Jesus, that you might not have notice before. listen carefully.

Isaiah 9:6 the Prince of Peace. another word for Peace when used as a Noun in Mental or emotional calm, is “happiness”
Now, where have we heard of this “happiness” at before? Genesis 1:3 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." and light here is,
H216 אוֹר 'owr (ore) n-f.
1. illumination.
2. (concretely) luminary (in every sense, including lightning, happiness, etc.).
[from H215]
KJV: bright, clear, + day, light (-ning), morning, sun.
Root(s): H215

Wisdom, or the Light of the World Gives Knowledge and UNDERSTANDING. and the TREE of the "KNOWLEDGE" of Good and Evil was in the Garden

Proverbs 2:6 "For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding."

Jesus was in the Garden without a doubt giving "Knowledge" of this world, and also understanding of this world.

101G.

Last edited:

101G

@dybmh,
if you didn't get the revelation in the above post, the Light in Genesis 1:3 is the Lord Jesus, the WISDOM of God who illuminate, every man who comes into this world, (John 1:9). yes, the Spirit, the Ordinal First, God almighty, without flesh, without bone, and without blood. it is Jesus who made all thing as the Ordinal First, per Isaiah 44:24.

the Lord Jesus is all over the bible, OT as well as NT.

now, let's look at Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men."

this "habitable part of his earth" is this in reference to the garden of Eden? as said, "heaven" on earth .... in concrete form? when man disobeyed did we get a glimpse of this heaven on earth in concrete form. scripture,

Genesis 3:8 "And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden."
my question, "how do a Spirit WALK, in order to hear it walk?" as said in the definition of LIGHT, 2. (concretely) luminary. concrete is visible, as well as audible. so apparently God, JESUS, almighty manifested himself somehow in order for them to hear God.

Genesis 3:9 "And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?" call is another physical activity. remember this in in the Garden of Eden, as Proverbs 8:31 states, "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth"

101G.

101G

Shouldn't we try to establish The Bible as an authoritative text before we start citing it as evidence?

What are we debating here, 101G?
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, the bible is an authoritative text of truth. third, the debate is what happen in and concerning the Garden of Eden is traditionally True or not. 101G say the traditional view is in ERROR.

101G.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, the bible is an authoritative text of truth. third, the debate is what happen in and concerning the Garden of Eden is traditionally True or not. 101G say the traditional view is in ERROR.

101G.
What does ‘GINOLJC’ stand for?

I’m guessing it is ‘GOD IS NOT Our Lord Jesus Christ’… yes?

Soapy

Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:8 "And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed." Genesis 2:9 "And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:10 "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads." Genesis 2:11 "The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;" Genesis 2:12 "And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone." Genesis 2:13 "And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia." Genesis 2:14 "And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates." Genesis 2:15 "And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it." Genesis 2:16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:" Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

the term “eastward” in Hebrew means, H6924 קֶדֶם qedem (keh'-dem) adv.
קֵדמָה qedmah (kayd'-maw)
1. the front.
2. (of place, absolutely) the fore part.
3. (relatively) the East.
4. (of time) antiquity.
{often used adverbially (before, anciently, eastward).}
[from H6923]
KJV: aforetime, ancient (time), before, east (end, part, side, -ward), eternal, X ever(-lasting), forward, old, past.
Root(s): H6923

and the term Eden itself means, H5731 עֵדֶן `Eden (ay'-den) n/p.

pleasure.
[from H5727]

now this word “pleasure” signify, or is another word for, when use as a Noun, An ideal place that does not exist in reality, Example, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land,

this word “pleasure” also means, Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life hmmmmmmm......

to delight in.
[a primitive root]

question #3. why was man to "dress it and to keep it.".
Dress here is the Hebrew term,
H5647 עָבַד `abad (aw-ɓad') v.
1. to work (in any sense).
2. (by implication) to serve, till.
3. (causatively) to enslave, etc.
[a primitive root]
KJV: X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper.

was that physical bondage, or spiritual, as in Romans 1:1 "Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,"
SERVANT: G1401 δοῦλος doulos (d̮ou'-los) n.
1. (involuntarily) a slave.
2. (of necessity) a bond-servant.
3. (figuratively) a voluntary, fully devoted servant.
{literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency}
[from G1210]
KJV: bond(-man), servant
Root(s): G1210

and Adam, the Man was to "Keep" it. this is the Hebrew term,
H8104 שָׁמַר shamar (shaw-mar') v.
1. (properly) to hedge about (as with thorns), i.e. guard.
2. (generally) to protect
, attend to, etc.
[a primitive root]
KJV: beward, be circumspect, take heed (to self), keep(-er, self), mark, look narrowly, observe, preserve, regard, reserve, save (self), sure, (that lay) wait (for), watch(-man).

so, what was Adam/man was to put a hedge around, and guard?

and the last Question, "Why the prohibition on Adam not to EAT of the tree of Good and Evil?" was not all things made, was good?

looking forward to a good discussion

101G.
The type (Genus) of that tree does not matter. It was not told and will never be known but can be abstracted to Olive Trees by way of the scriptures in symbolic form:
  • “These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth” (Rev 11:4)
The two trees represent aspirations and temptations that Adam should resist in order to show his loyalty to God.

The good thing (if there is such a thing) is that Eve took the fruit from the tree of good and bad. How much worse if would have been if she had taken from the tree of life such that man would live forever in sin.

However, even the tree of good and bad eventually leads to greater knowledge and the seeking of eternal life - therefore the end result is the same whichever tree the failure was made to.

The tree’s fruit is not harmful. That was what Satan seduced Eve with.

She did not die PHYSICALLY… but brought SPIRITUAL DEATH to her husband - and Adam embraced it to all his offsprings.

Jesus Christ is NOT an offspring of Adam - He is a SECOND ADAM (or more precisely, the LAST ADAM) born directly through the breath and power of God’s Holy Spirit and therefore sinless, righteous, and holy.

So, neither the type of tree nor the fruit from the tree are of any actual consequence in regard to the outcome of the event. Anyone trying to claim an Apple, a fig, an olive, a pomegranate, …. is only causing deep unwarranted speculation and drama.

101G

The type (Genus) of that tree does not matter. It was not told and will never be known but can be abstracted to Olive Trees by way of the scriptures in symbolic form:
  • “These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth” (Rev 11:4)
The two trees represent aspirations and temptations that Adam should resist in order to show his loyalty to God.
GINOLJC, to all.
we beg to differ. the two trees here, and as well in Zechariah 4 are two persons, as in John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus the Christ, the two witness. which have nothing to do with the TREES in the Garden.
God don't tempt any man ..... "WITH" ..... EVIL. so try again.
The good thing (if there is such a thing) is that Eve took the fruit from the tree of good and bad. How much worse if would have been if she had taken from the tree of life such that man would live forever in sin.
nonsense. only the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil was prohibited. Genesis 2:16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:" Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
now, please post the verse where God prohibition was on the TREE of LIFE? verse please,
However, even the tree of good and bad eventually leads to greater knowledge and the seeking of eternal life - therefore the end result is the same whichever tree the failure was made to.
What GREATER KNOWLEDGE? ... and was not the tree of LIFE .... ETERNAL?
She did not die PHYSICALLY… but brought SPIRITUAL DEATH to her husband - and Adam embraced it to all his offsprings.
LOL, LOL, LOL, True she did not die PHYSICALLY, nor Spiritually but mentally, by being cut off from God, eternal Life. Adam embraced it? better .... conspired with her, for he was commanded not to Eat.
The tree’s fruit is not harmful. That was what Satan seduced Eve with.
that's the deception, not PHYSICALLY, but Mentally, destruction.
Jesus Christ is NOT an offspring of Adam
We know.
He is a SECOND ADAM (or more precisely, the LAST ADAM) born directly through the breath and power of God’s Holy Spirit and therefore sinless, righteous, and holy.
Last Adam is correct, not second....... and all must be in him.
So, neither the type of tree nor the fruit from the tree are of any actual consequence in regard to the outcome of the event. Anyone trying to claim an Apple, a fig, an olive, a pomegranate, …. is only causing deep unwarranted speculation and drama.
so, the fruit of LIES by the serpent, which both ate has no consequence? getting put out of the Garden is not a consequence?

but I have one question. "did eating the forbidden fruit make her or him "WISE?". if so, verse to that effect.

there is no GREATER Wisdom than God, nor is there LIFE IN ANYONE ELSE.

101G.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
Dear @101G

I use different words but to me, much of your reasoning and conclusions make sense.

I’d say that what occurs is that Man goes from having lived in a state of contentment and inner peace with what is, to one of comparing himself to God, spirit and his fellow beings; leading to an obsession with what he lacks, the birth of envy, competition/ambition, pride, greed and great inner loneliness and dissatisfaction; resulting in scarcity/ poverty, war, famine and general hell on earth. Gone is the Garden, abundance, contentment and inner peace. Gone is his closeness to God.

To Christians, Christ however reopens a door to restoring what has been lost.

Humbly,
Hermit

101G

Dear @101G

I use different words but to me, much of your reasoning and conclusions make sense.

I’d say that what occurs is that Man goes from having lived in a state of contentment and inner peace with what is, to one of comparing himself to God, spirit and his fellow beings; leading to an obsession with what he lacks, the birth of envy, competition/ambition, pride, greed and great inner loneliness and dissatisfaction; resulting in scarcity/ poverty, war, famine and general hell on earth. Gone is the Garden, abundance, contentment and inner peace. Gone is his closeness to God.

To Christians, Christ however reopens a door to restoring what has been lost.

Humbly,
Hermit
100% correct.

101G.

Soapy

GINOLJC, to all.
we beg to differ. the two trees here, and as well in Zechariah 4 are two persons, as in John the Baptist, and the Lord Jesus the Christ, the two witness. which have nothing to do with the TREES in the Garden.

God don't tempt any man ..... "WITH" ..... EVIL. so try again.

nonsense. only the tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil was prohibited. Genesis 2:16 "And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:" Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
now, please post the verse where God prohibition was on the TREE of LIFE? verse please,

What GREATER KNOWLEDGE? ... and was not the tree of LIFE .... ETERNAL?

LOL, LOL, LOL, True she did not die PHYSICALLY, nor Spiritually but mentally, by being cut off from God, eternal Life. Adam embraced it? better .... conspired with her, for he was commanded not to Eat.

that's the deception, not PHYSICALLY, but Mentally, destruction.

We know.

Last Adam is correct, not second....... and all must be in him.

so, the fruit of LIES by the serpent, which both ate has no consequence? getting put out of the Garden is not a consequence?

but I have one question. "did eating the forbidden fruit make her or him "WISE?". if so, verse to that effect.

there is no GREATER Wisdom than God, nor is there LIFE IN ANYONE ELSE.

101G.
You are so clever, my man. Wise beyond your own knowledge.

Yes, I did err. I’ve said it myself that God tests but not tempts (scriptures says so is where I’m coming from!)

And my point about the genus of the two trees is that it wasn’t the tree nor it’s fruit that are the issue. Put some children in a room and set a bowl of sweets in front of them. Tell them not to eat any of the sweets until you return to the room or else they will get no dinner - and then leave.

Does the type of sweet matter? No! It’s only the breaking of the command not to eat any of them that counts.

It’s about trust… and the trust is broken when the violation of whatever was prohibited was broken! The type of sweet doesn’t fill them to the point they can’t eat dinner but that the children thought nothing of ill discipline in such a small matter which would be a huge problem in larger matters.

Second/Last Adam… what are you saying?

If there was a last Adam then surely there was a first Adam. If the first Adam was also the same last Adam then there is sense in ‘First and Last’, ‘Alpha and Omega’, ‘Beginning and End’… but that’s not the case here. Scriptures clearly states:
  • ‘The first adam ..sinned….. the last adam destroyed sin’
So there was a first ‘Adam’ (man born from the spirit of God) who sinned - and there was ANOTHER Adam (born from the spirit of God) who did not sin. No other Adam was created after this second and therefore this second is also the LAST ADAM!!

Now, if the theme of scriptures is followed, the sinner is no longer brought to remembrance and only the sinless is spoken of in glory:
Isaac is spoken of as the ‘only son of Abraham’ but we know that Ishmael was his first son but Ishmael was in sin and Scripturally is cut out of the positive Sonship of Abraham.

Thus, you can now see that since the first Adam is cut out of the Sonship of God, Jesus Christ is now “The only son of God” (the only sinless Adam…. The last Adam becomes the first Adam, spiritually, not chronologically)

Last edited:

101G

Yes, I did err. I’ve said it myself that God tests but not tempts (scriptures says so is where I’m coming from!)
no, God don't TEST/TEMP with Evil, James 1:13
Does the type of sweet matter? No! It’s only the breaking of the command not to eat any of them that counts.
is evil sweet? ....... (smile), understand the test is for our Good. it builds a resistance to bad choices. example, a body exposed to cold weather builds up a resistance to it. vs a body fully clothed. remember, James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;" James 1:3 "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." James 1:4 "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

no, you're ok..... (smile).

101G.