• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God, the Bible and his Word" the Genesis Account, the Garden of Eden

101G

Or, it is just a myth cobbled together by the priests of bunch of rather ignorant goat herders during the Babylonian Captivity.

You should study the history of the Bible some day.
so we can take this as you have no answer..... (smile)... thought so. :D Yikes!

101G.

101G

Now that many cannot understand that this world is a CREATED one, a world of perceptions. Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

notice the term "worlds", with the "s" at the end. everything is made from the things not seen, so we know that the ... "WORLDS" are a creation of things not SEEN, invisible. which God is invisible. scripture, Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

there is a INVISIBLE World, (the spirit world), which science has confirmed. which was KNOWN before science even took root.

this INVISIBLE world controls the seen, or VISIBLE world we live in. and there are endless possibilities that can be gained. the double slit experiment has prove this. but was this not spoken of God? yes, all things are possible with God.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Now that many cannot understand that this world is a CREATED one, a world of perceptions. Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

notice the term "worlds", with the "s" at the end. everything is made from the things not seen, so we know that the ... "WORLDS" are a creation of things not SEEN, invisible. which God is invisible. scripture, Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

there is a INVISIBLE World, (the spirit world), which science has confirmed. which was KNOWN before science even took root.

this INVISIBLE world controls the seen, or VISIBLE world we live in. and there are endless possibilities that can be gained. the double slit experiment has prove this. but was this not spoken of God? yes, all things are possible with God.

101G.
What many cannot understand is that the this world is a natural world. The world itself tells us when it was made.

There are some believers in the Bible that disagree but they never seem to realize that since the Earth itself tells us that this belief is wrong and supposedly God would be responsible for the formation of the Earth the existence of false evidence would mean that God was a lair. The Bible is just a book written by men. No one can seem to show that it was anything other than that.

101G

Where did Cain get his wife from? answer, from the children Adam and Eve had in the Garden. which has populated in the known regions of the EARTH. and many cities was built, as with Cain building a city.

Acts 17:24 "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" Acts 17:25 "Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;" Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

of one BLOOD, comes the Good, the bad and the ugly. which shows that there was no pre adamic race. the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6 are humans that ca,e from Adam and Eve while in the Garden.

101G.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
REJECTED, meaning to what you said,, "I'll give you a skeptic's take. Personally, I don't think any of it happened, and to my knowledge, no evidence to the contrary exists - unless you call the myth such evidence, but that is weak evidence of anything about reality more than that the story was written, and I think I know why".
Your rejection isn't meaningful if you don't provide a counterargument explaining why you reject it. I notice you had no interest in an opinion about why that story was written and included in scripture ("I think I know why"). Many myths exist to explain why the world we find ourselves born into is the way it is under the assumption that it was created and is ruled by a tri-omni god. What's the obvious question Hebrews would have asked around the campfire that the garden myth answers? I understand that you don't think in those terms, but it's a helpful way to understand myths like the flood myth, the Tower of Babel myth, and the Sodom and Gomorrah myth. What did those ancient people see that caused them to write those stories? And have you noticed what they all have in common?

[1] The garden myth was likely written to explain why man's life is so difficult in the face of a deity that could have given them a paradise to live in, where they could just pick fruit forever rather than forage the land, but instead, they toil, suffer and die. Why would God do that to them? They must have deserved it. Let that be a lesson to obey the Hebrew priests when they tell you what God wants you to do.

[2] The myths all have God punishing man for some behavior. The Tower myth is easy to explain why people speak mutually unintelligible languages. Can't you just hear the ancient Hebrews wondering why God allowed that? Man reached too high and needed punishment. Sodom and Gomorrah were likely destroyed by a meteor, and obviously that was a punishment from God for something. The flood myth likely originates with the discovery of marine fossils on the highest mountain tops. Imagine the ancients scratching their heads trying to figure out how they got there. Only one answer was possible: the mountains were submerged - all of them - and only God could do that, so why? Man must have needed more punishment.
disprove it then
Disprove biblical prophecy? Why? It's weak prophecy - nonspecific and predicts commonly occurring events. Even if it were high quality prophecy like scientific prophecy, which is specific and predicts unlikely things that have been confirmed, it wouldn't suggest a god - just paranormal activity (clairvoyance).
if man is the IMAGE of God, then the Source for the Image have to exist before the IMAGE.
Man has almost nothing in common with the god of the Old Testament. Here's a post I left elsewhere that summarizes God's image. Perhaps you can tell me how many of these boxes man ticks:

"According to dogma, your god is invisible, immaterial, immortal, perfect, infinite, lives outside of space and precedes time.
"Your god is omniscient, omnipresent, supernatural and has magical power.
"Your god never had a spouse, never had sex, never experienced lust, divorce or a broken heart.
"Your god was never born, never had parents, never raised children and never had a sibling or a friend.
"Your god has never slept or had a nightmare, never had a headache, has never had the flu, felt hot or cold or been hungry.
"Your god has never had to support himself, never had to study or learn. never been humiliated, felt guilt, blame or shame, and has never been afraid.

And we are told that this god is inscrutable and incomprehensible to man, that we shouldn't try to understand its reasoning or moral commands, because our puny minds aren't not qualified.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where did Cain get his wife from? answer, from the children Adam and Eve had in the Garden. which has populated in the known regions of the EARTH. and many cities was built, as with Cain building a city.

Acts 17:24 "God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;" Acts 17:25 "Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;" Acts 17:26 "And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;"

of one BLOOD, comes the Good, the bad and the ugly. which shows that there was no pre adamic race. the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6 are humans that ca,e from Adam and Eve while in the Garden.

101G.
Or just maybe, you might want to consider since you are claiming that God is a liar if you choose the other route, the Adam and Even story is just meant to be a morality tale since there never were only two human beings on the planet.

You face a bit of a conundrum. Either God is a liar, in which case why trust him? Or Genesis is just a series of morality tales. (Exodus too, but we can cover that later).

Muffled

Jesus in me
What are you talking about? There do not appear to be any valid prophecies i n the bible. I know of quite a few failed ones.
I believe you are going to say prophecies did not come true because 2,000 years later you have better information. I think not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Or just maybe, you might want to consider since you are claiming that God is a liar if you choose the other route, the Adam and Even story is just meant to be a morality tale since there never were only two human beings on the planet.

You face a bit of a conundrum. Either God is a liar, in which case why trust him? Or Genesis is just a series of morality tales. (Exodus too, but we can cover that later).
I believe the story is neither a lie nor a story made up for teaching morality. For only two people to exist on earth one has to go much further back than Adam & Eve. In Adam and Eve's time there were a number of indigenous people and and those claiming alien origins as well.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe the story is neither a lie nor a story made up for teaching morality. For only two people to exist on earth one has to go much further back than Adam & Eve. In Adam and Eve's time there were a number of indigenous people and and those claiming alien origins as well.
The myth in the Bible says that they were the first two people.

And there were never only two people in the world.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Then you are claiming that God is a liar. Are you interested in learning how you are doing that?
Please, please, please understand… take 101G with a pinch of salt.

By all means respond to him but do not think you are making any edge way with him - he’s only here as a deviator!

101G

Please, please, please understand… take 101G with a pinch of salt.

By all means respond to him but do not think you are making any edge way with him - he’s only here as a deviator!
personal opinion? ...... thought so.

101G