• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"God, the Bible and his Word" the Genesis Account, the Garden of Eden

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
no, God don't TEST/TEMP with Evil, James 1:13

is evil sweet? ....... (smile), understand the test is for our Good. it builds a resistance to bad choices. example, a body exposed to cold weather builds up a resistance to it. vs a body fully clothed. remember, James 1:2 "My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;" James 1:3 "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience." James 1:4 "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

no, you're ok..... (smile).

101G.
I did not say ‘tempt/test’ with evil. The sweets are not evil. The tree nor the fruit if it are evil.

TRUST is not evil.

Check out the potter and the clay.

Is the vessel made fro the clay and tested in the fire evil?

Is the fire evil?

But every vessel made from the clay must be TESTED for soundness in use. ‘Tested’… not ‘TEMPTED’.

Please don’t make heavy weather out of a light breeze!

101G

I did not say ‘tempt/test’ with evil. The sweets are not evil. The tree nor the fruit if it are evil.

TRUST is not evil.

Check out the potter and the clay.

Is the vessel made fro the clay and tested in the fire evil?

Is the fire evil?

But every vessel made from the clay must be TESTED for soundness in use. ‘Tested’… not ‘TEMPTED’.

Please don’t make heavy weather out of a light breeze!
let's just make this simple, "ALL things are made of God", is this correct? yes, it's what you do with them, or not.
evil has it's place in God economy of things. but do one know how to handle evil? only God know how to handle evil.

understand, people are destroyed for the lack of Knowledge. and as the proverb states, Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." BUT....... Proverbs 12:28 "In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death." WHAT DID THE "EVIL" ONE SAY? "you want surely die". now which way was that?

101G.

Soapy

let's just make this simple, "ALL things are made of God", is this correct? yes, it's what you do with them, or not.
evil has it's place in God economy of things. but do one know how to handle evil? only God know how to handle evil.

understand, people are destroyed for the lack of Knowledge. and as the proverb states, Proverbs 14:12 "There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." BUT....... Proverbs 12:28 "In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death." WHAT DID THE "EVIL" ONE SAY? "you want surely die". now which way was that?

101G.
All things were made BY GOD.

101G

All things were made BY GOD.
where else did they come from? "of" God is "BY" God, because it is HIMSELF. listen, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

if he was alone, and ..... "by himself" then it is "of" him and no one else. question, is not God "LIGHT?", yes, and everything made is "of" light. everything is made "of" Light.

I know what you're saying.... God is Author of all creation. but remember, Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

101G.

Soapy

where else did they come from? "of" God is "BY" God, because it is HIMSELF. listen, Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;"

if he was alone, and ..... "by himself" then it is "of" him and no one else. question, is not God "LIGHT?", yes, and everything made is "of" light. everything is made "of" Light.

I know what you're saying.... God is Author of all creation. but remember, Acts 17:28 "For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring."

101G.
Your language skills are a little off.

God is Spirit. He is the Father of Spirits.

Spirits are non-corporeal - but THINGS are corporeal.

God ‘lives’ surrounded by GLORIOUS LIGHT.

LIGHT is ENERGY.

All material / corporeal things are COMPRESSED ENERGY.

This is physics 101… elementary: E=MC^2.

Take any material matter and somehow ‘explode it’… even the smallest crumb of bread will illicit more energy than a modest household could use in a year.

This is the target of scientists for decades illustrated by the atomic and nuclear bomb and nuclear reactor and the Large Handron Collider.

God commanded and authored LIGHT to be compressed to form Matter. And Matter is what all material in the created world is made from
(Science meets Judae-Christian Religion)

In entities that will be ‘Living’, God creates a spirit for each and every such initial entity and puts that spirit into the entity so the entity becomes a ‘Living’ entity.

But the spirit of PROCREATION is a part of the ability of the entity - therefore that each living entity can produce offspring according to its own bodily form and spirit.

101G

GINOLJC, gto all.
Spirits are non-corporeal - but THINGS are corporeal.
ERROR, the Lord Jesus shot that out of the water at his resurrection. scripture, Luke 24:37 "But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit." Luke 24:38 "And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?" Luke 24:39 "Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

Reproved there.
God ‘lives’ surrounded by GLORIOUS LIGHT.

LIGHT is ENERGY.
surrounded light? 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."
All material / corporeal things are COMPRESSED ENERGY.
which is an electromagnetic field of LIGHT particles.
This is physics 101… elementary: E=MC^2.
yes, ...... but this, E=hf ............. (smile).
Take any material matter and somehow ‘explode it’… even the smallest crumb of bread will illicit more energy than a modest household could use in a year.

This is the target of scientists for decades illustrated by the atomic and nuclear bomb and nuclear reactor and the Large Handron Collider.

God commanded and authored LIGHT to be compressed to form Matter. And Matter is what all material in the created world is made from
(Science meets Judae-Christian Religion)

In entities that will be ‘Living’, God creates a spirit for each and every such initial entity and puts that spirit into the entity so the entity becomes a ‘Living’ entity.

But the spirit of PROCREATION is a part of the ability of the entity - therefore that each living entity can produce offspring according to its own bodily form and spirit.
is what we call matter really exist?......... :eek: YIKES!

101G.

Muffled

Jesus in me
first thanks for the reply, but a question, "why call a fig tree the tree of knowledge?" have any reasons why or any probabilities as to why call a fig tree a knowledge tree?

101G
I suppose it is because I can give a fig.

101G

Soapy said:
What does ‘GINOLJC’ stand for?

I’m guessing it is ‘GOD IS NOT Our Lord Jesus Christ’… yes?
I believe the "N" could stand for "now."
this is how lies get started when one do not KNOW something. why guess? but since u have jumped the Gun, so to speak, just as our Mother Eve did in the Garden, (and got thrown out), 101G will let you have it your way for now. ........ (smile).... and no, it does not mean, "GOD IS NOT Our Lord Jesus Christ". don't let the devil use U... ok.

101G

Colt

GINOLJC, to all.
Question #1. What type or kind of trees was in the Garden that was PLANTED, and OUT of the GROUND to grow, and pleasant to the sight, and good for food? was they Natural Trees, or some kind of "LIVING" Creature, (as man was taken out of the ground), or an entity. meaning, something that exists as itself, as a subject or as an object, actually or potentially, concretely or abstractly, physically or not. so what was the trees out of the ground.

in the bible, "trees" are usually referred to "men". question, are not angel "men" also? but celestial men/spirits. what 101G is getting at is this. the term Eden itself means, H5731 עֵדֶן `Eden (ay'-den) n/p.
Eden, the region of Adam's home.
[the same as H5730 (masculine)]
KJV: Eden.
Root(s): H5730

and the ROOT of this word which is the same, H5730 עֵדֶן `eden (ay'-den) n-e.
עֶדנָה `ednah (ed-naw') [feminine]
pleasure.
[from H5727]
KJV: delicate, delight, pleasure.
Root(s): H5727

Adam home, (the garden of Eden) is consider by the definition above as pleasure. this word “pleasure” signify, or is another word for, when use as a Noun, An ideal place that does not exist in reality, Example, paradise, heaven, peace, Eden, joy, serenity, ecstasy, promised land,
this word “pleasure” also means, Zion, awakening, New Jerusalem, spiritual enlightenment, state of grace, City of God, Abraham's bosom, Kingdom of God, world without end eternal life

can we conclude that the garden of Eden is a type of heaven on earth. and if it is, then the trees are not natural physical trees. as said if angels are referred to as "MEN" also,....... just celestial "men", or spirits, question, was they the celestial beings that was taken out of the Garden Ground? and if so, are they not ministering angels to us? supportive scripture, Hebrews 1:13 "But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?" Hebrews 1:14 "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?"

was not the serpent formed out of the "ground?" Genesis 3:1 "Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?"

now the term "BEAST" here is interesting, it is the Hebrew term,
H2416 חַי chay (chah'-ee) adj.
1. alive.
2. (hence) raw (flesh).
3. fresh (plant, water, year), strong.
4. (as noun, especially in the feminine singular and masculine plural) life (or living thing), whether literally or figuratively.
[from H2421]
KJV: + age, alive, appetite, (wild) beast, company, congregation, life(-time), live(-ly), living (creature, thing), maintenance, + merry, multitude, + (be) old, quick, raw, running, springing, troop.
Root(s): H2421

definition #3 is very interesting. if this is a "BEAST" we're speaking of, why mention plant, water, and year? as "fresh".

so a suggestion, ONLY a SUGGESTION, are these TREES ministering spirits/angels.

101G
The Hebrew authors that finalized the editing of previous written works while in Babylon were writing a story of origins and a spiritual teaching tool for the child-like mind of Bronze Age sheep herders. It was used to maintain the faith if the Israelites as well as establish a presumably authoritative line of descent by the priest class.

Life as we know it evolved over hundreds of millions of years. The Israelites had no way of knowing this and made NO claim of divine inspiration on the production of Genesis. That claim came later.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
GINOLJC, to all.
first thanks for the reply, second, the bible is an authoritative text of truth. third, the debate is what happen in and concerning the Garden of Eden is traditionally True or not. 101G say the traditional view is in ERROR.

101G.
You would need to demonstrate that. This is not a Christian DIR so you do not get to make that sort of assumption here. And if anyone seriously studies the Bible one rather quickly discovers that it is clearly not reliable.

101G

The Hebrew authors that finalized the editing of previous written works while in Babylon were writing a story of origins and a spiritual teaching tool for the child-like mind of Bronze Age sheep herders. It was used to maintain the faith if the Israelites as well as establish a presumably authoritative line of descent by the priest class.
GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply, second, we cannot buy that for this one reason. Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." Proverbs 8:32 "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways." Proverbs 8:33 "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." Proverbs 8:34 "Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors." Proverbs 8:35 "For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD." Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death."

101G.

101G

You would need to demonstrate that. This is not a Christian DIR so you do not get to make that sort of assumption here. And if anyone seriously studies the Bible one rather quickly discovers that it is clearly not reliable.
ok, God made all things, one thing..... the atr we breath. God made the AIR we breath..... now do you breath? yes, proof done.

101G.

Colt

GINOLJC, to all
First thanks for the reply, second, we cannot buy that for this one reason. Proverbs 8:30 "Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;" Proverbs 8:31 "Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men." Proverbs 8:32 "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways." Proverbs 8:33 "Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not." Proverbs 8:34 "Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors." Proverbs 8:35 "For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD." Proverbs 8:36 "But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death."

101G.
I dont see how that has anything to do with my post???

Soapy

surrounded light? 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."
‘God is light’ has nothing to do with THE GLORIOUS LIGHT God lives in (surrounded by).

‘God is light’ means ‘TRUTH’… because ‘Light is truth!’. And in God there is no UNTRUTH (Darkness)

It’s a good idea that if you desire to be seen as credible poster in a Christian forum, to stop meandering, stop pandering, stop delving into, the ridiculous… stop TEMPTING the Truth!!

101G

I dont see how that has anything to do with my post???
GINOLJC, to all.
First thanks for the reply, second, I thought it did. the word of God was not written, as you said, "The Hebrew authors that finalized the editing of previous written works while in Babylon were writing a story of origins and a spiritual teaching tool for the child-like mind of Bronze Age sheep herders". if true, the only thing they did was make God word more rich for the child-like mind to go deeper further in understanding God Holy Word. that's why we preach, listen,

1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect." 1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent." 1 Corinthians 1:20 "Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?" 1 Corinthians 1:21 "For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe." 1 Corinthians 1:22 "For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:"1 Corinthians 1:23 "But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;"

so if what is child like, (the foolishness of preaching), if this was the Hebrew authors adjective, they then did a good Job. for as I said, this is why God was with men in the Earth rejoicing in ........ HIS WISDOM, and not the world wisdom.

hope U now understrand why I said what I said.

1201G.

101G

‘God is light’ has nothing to do with THE GLORIOUS LIGHT God lives in (surrounded by).

‘God is light’ means ‘TRUTH’… because ‘Light is truth!’. And in God there is no UNTRUTH (Darkness)

It’s a good idea that if you desire to be seen as credible poster in a Christian forum, to stop meandering, stop pandering, stop delving into, the ridiculous… stop TEMPTING the Truth!!
AND U? ....... (smile)...... :eek: YIKES!. as said personal opinion do not move me.

101G.