• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God the baby killer

Status
Not open for further replies.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
There are no other so-called holy books which so clearly and openly show human nature for what it is...sinful, while also offering a real solution and real freedom for eternity.

Nothing to be proud of; having a book which: a)Produces a Guilt Feeling + b)Offers a solution for the just given Guilt Feeling being a sinner

I would call that the perfect business deal. Eternally useful. So lucky we have other scriptures from India talking about Love and Self Realization

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Have you really read the Bible with a desire to understand? The biblical God claims to be the Creator of heaven and earth. It also states that all other so-called gods are false and not gods, but idols. Idols which are created by human imagination, who actually don't exist and can't hear or act in any real or helpful way for humans. It stands to reason that there if there is a Creator then the 1000's of others claiming to be creators or gods are not.

I have read several (3) bibles completely and several more in bits. To understand what? What is written or what is interpreted?

Yes, so do all the other creator gods, that's the thing about saying you created something, no one else could create it. And many that your god denies made claim to creation thousands of years before your god was even thought of.

Something of a dilemma when a few thousand make the same claim dont you think?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Have you really read the Bible with a desire to understand? The biblical God claims to be the Creator of heaven and earth. It also states that all other so-called gods are false and not gods, but idols. Idols which are created by human imagination, who actually don't exist and can't hear or act in any real or helpful way for humans. It stands to reason that there if there is a Creator then the 1000's of others claiming to be creators or gods are not.

Bible is written by humans. This only tells me they were extremely arrogant, belittling, disrespectful towards others + a masterplan to make money.

dianaiad

So why is Christ's sacrifice actually any kind of sacrifice at all? If I'm declared dead in surgery because I was killed protecting/saving others, then resuscitated, did I actually sacrifice anything?

Yes.

The results of the sacrifice are irrelevant to the sacrifice itself, don't you think?

In the case of giving up one's life for another....how does getting one's life BACK alter the fact that it was given up in the first place?

But you are reacting to a post in which I was addressing the death of babies at the hand of God.

I can sort of see where the logic goes here, since of course the idea of Jesus' sacrifice might be different, given that He knew His life was only going to be temporarily ended...or 'paused.'. Your point seems to be that, if He knew He was going to be resurrected, then He didn't REALLY give His life up in the first place, unlike a rescuer who honestly believes that his sacrifice is permanent and he won't be brought back.

Well, if knowledge is the key here, as you seem to be saying, then obviously the knowledge that all those babies that God is being accused of killing off weren't really killed, were they?

Moved, yeah, but 'killed," in the sense of 'mortal life ended and the person never lives again?"

Not quite.

Which raises a question or two, does it not?

Why is it that so many Christians point the finger at abortion doctors for killing babies, yet they worship a baby killer with a much higher kill count than any other abortion doctor?

People don’t have right to kill. God has given life, therefore He has right to decide how long it lasts. God also can take person to eternal life, which is the real life and therefore death of body is not necessarily even end and bad thing, in Biblical point of view.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
I didn't dodge your question. You just don't like the answer.

For there is no partiality with God. Romans 2:11

Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Acts 2:12

Doesn't matter whether one is Jew , Greek, Italian, Chinese, or whoever, there is a Savior, One Savior, One name. One Door, One way into heaven according to God's word and promise of a Messiah given through the OT prophets and revealed in the Son of God in Person of Jesus Christ coming to the earth.

Read Ezekiel 36.

Mitty

The scriptures nowhere indicate that Mary thought her son, Jesus, was mentally ill. She knew her son was the Messiah of which the prophets had foretold.
So where does the bible say that Jesus claimed to be a messiah and where does the bible say that Jesus' mother believed that he was the Messiah, given that Jesus' mother and his family didn't believe him when he dropped by and only claimed that he was a prophet (Matt 13:55-58)?
And is that why Jesus ignored his mother and his family (Matt 12:46-50)?

Last edited:

Good-Ole-Rebel

So where does the bible say that Jesus' mother believed that Jesus was the Messiah, given that Jesus' mother and his family didn't believe him when he dropped by and claimed that he was a prophet (Matt 13:55-58)?
And is that why Jesus ignored his mother and his family (Matt 12:46-50)?

(Matt. 13:55-58) in no way says Mary did not know who Jesus was. This was the response of the people in Nazareth.

(Matt. 12:46-50) does not indicate that Mary didn't know who Jesus was. It indicated that Jesus relations were no longer with Israel, due to their rejection of Him. It contrasted and divided. His relations were no longer based on physical descent, being born an Israelite. They were based upon those who sought the will of the Father.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
For one thing, the Quran says Allah hates the Jews.
It says no such thing. Shoot, Muslim-Jewish relations have been somewhat better than Christian-Jewish relations throughout history. Jews would often flee to Muslim lands to escape fanatical Christians. The Christian NT says the unbelieving Jews pushed for the execution of Jesus and has a Jewish crowd scream "his blood be on us and our children!" in Matthew 27. (That verse is still so harmful to Jews that they removed the subtitles for it from the the Passion of the Christ.) No other work has inspired such intense and prolonged ethnic and religious hatred.

Last edited:

Mitty

(Matt. 13:55-58) in no way says Mary did not know who Jesus was. This was the response of the people in Nazareth.

(Matt. 12:46-50) does not indicate that Mary didn't know who Jesus was. It indicated that Jesus relations were no longer with Israel, due to their rejection of Him. It contrasted and divided. His relations were no longer based on physical descent, being born an Israelite. They were based upon those who sought the will of the Father.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Wrong. Matt 13:57 and John 7:5 says that his family (including his mother and her husband) did not believe him either.

And where does the bible say that Jesus claimed to be a messiah anyway? Or is that why he was mocked as "The King of the Jews" when he was executed for sedition by the Romans?

Last edited:

Mitty

I don't see abortion in these verses.

Good-Ole-Rebel
So what is the fate of a pregnancy when an adulteress is stoned to death (Lev 20:10)?

And the commandment in Numbers 5:20-28 to terminate the pregnancies of adulteresses is obviously about the property rights of men to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance and why a new pride lion kills the cubs of the previous pride lion.

Numbers 5:20-28 Common English Bible (CEB)

20 But if you have had an affair while married to your husband, if you have defiled yourself, and a man other than your husband has had intercourse with you”— 21 then the priest must make the woman utter the curse and say to the woman, “May the Lord make you a curse and a harmful pledge among your people, when the Lord induces a miscarriage and your womb discharges. 22 And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.”

And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.”

23 The priest will write these curses in the scroll and wipe them off into the water of bitterness. 24 Then he will make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse. And the water that brings the curse will enter her, causing bitterness. 25 The priest will take the grain offering for jealousy from the woman’s hands, elevate the grain offering before the Lord, and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest will take a handful of the grain offering as a token part of it and turn it into smoke on the altar. And afterward he will make the woman drink the water. 27 When he has made her drink the water, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, then the water that brings the curse will enter her, causing bitterness, and her womb will discharge and she will miscarry. The woman will be a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman hasn’t defiled herself and she is pure, then she will be immune and able to conceive.

Last edited:

Mitty

It says no such thing. Shoot, Muslim-Jewish relations have been somewhat better than Christian-Jewish relations throughout history. Jews would often flee to Muslim lands to escape fanatical Christians. The Christian NT says the unbelieving Jews pushed for the execution of Jesus and has a Jewish crowd scream "his blood be on us and our children!" in Matthew 27. (That verse is still so harmful to Jews that they removed the subtitles for it from the the Passion of the Christ.) No other work has inspired such intense and prolonged ethnic and religious hatred.
Which is why the Jews supported the Moslems against the Crusaders.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Wrong. Matt 13:57 and John 7:5 says that his family (including his mother and her husband) did not believe him either.

And where does the bible say that Jesus claimed to be a messiah anyway? Or is that why he was mocked as "The King of the Jews" when he was executed for sedition by the Romans?

Again, (Matt. 13:57) is the reaction from the people of Nazareth. Also, (John 7:5) only identifies Jesus's brothers as not believing Him. "For neither did his brethren believe in him.

Concerning Christ's claim to be the Messiah, yes He made the claim. (John 4:25-26) "The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he."

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

So what is the fate of a pregnancy when an adulteress is stoned to death (Lev 20:10)?

And the commandment in Numbers 5:20-28 to terminate the pregnancies of adulteresses is obviously about the property rights of men to ensure legitimate lines of descent and inheritance and why a new pride lion kills the cubs of the previous pride lion.

Numbers 5:20-28 Common English Bible (CEB)

20 But if you have had an affair while married to your husband, if you have defiled yourself, and a man other than your husband has had intercourse with you”— 21 then the priest must make the woman utter the curse and say to the woman, “May the Lord make you a curse and a harmful pledge among your people, when the Lord induces a miscarriage and your womb discharges. 22 And may the water that brings these curses enter your stomach and make your womb discharge and make you miscarry.”

And the woman will say, “I agree, I agree.”

23 The priest will write these curses in the scroll and wipe them off into the water of bitterness. 24 Then he will make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse. And the water that brings the curse will enter her, causing bitterness. 25 The priest will take the grain offering for jealousy from the woman’s hands, elevate the grain offering before the Lord, and bring it to the altar. 26 The priest will take a handful of the grain offering as a token part of it and turn it into smoke on the altar. And afterward he will make the woman drink the water. 27 When he has made her drink the water, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, then the water that brings the curse will enter her, causing bitterness, and her womb will discharge and she will miscarry. The woman will be a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman hasn’t defiled herself and she is pure, then she will be immune and able to conceive.

Concerning (Lev. 20:10) the emphasis is judgement upon the man and woman. Nothing is said of the woman being pregnant.

Concerning (Num. 5:21-28), I believe your translation has added some things. I use the KJV. As it reads, the intent is not a miscarry, but to physically mar the woman and make her unable to have children, and be a curse among her people. (Num. 5:27) "And when he hath made her to drink the water, then it shall come to pass, that, if she be defiled....the water that causeth the curse shall enter into her, and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall rot: and the woman shall be a curse among her people."

Understand, if these verses did speak of God's forcing an abortion upon the guilty woman, I have no problem with that. I just don't believe abortion is what is taking place here.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.